Jamaal Westerman

visajets

I'm actually more disappointed with the development of Westerman than I am Gholston. I truly thought this kid was gonna be that diamond in the rough.

The thing that gets ignored too often for both Westerman and Gholston is that the Jets are pretty loaded at LB. Gholston was drafted in the same season we signed Pace to play the OLB spot across from Thomas, who was in year 2 of his 5 year deal. Westerman was the good looking young player who came in after Gholston and in the same offseason we signed Bart Scott...T'was an uphill battle for either young guy.

I think Westerman is one of the potential Harris replacements if we were to lose Harris.

The thing that gets ignored too often for both Westerman and Gholston is that the Jets are pretty loaded at LB. Gholston was drafted in the same season we signed Pace to play the OLB spot across from Thomas, who was in year 2 of his 5 year deal. Westerman was the good looking young player who came in after Gholston and in the same offseason we signed Bart Scott...T'was an uphill battle for either young guy.

I think Westerman is one of the potential Harris replacements if we were to lose Harris.

No way how could you say Westerman is a potential Harris replacement? Do you see what Harris does for this defense. Theres no way a LB on speculation replaces Harris. Until I see Westerman on the field making plays he couldnt replace Sal Alosi as we speak.

No way how could you say Westerman is a potential Harris replacement? Do you see what Harris does for this defense. Theres no way a LB on speculation replaces Harris. Until I see Westerman on the field making plays he couldnt replace Sal Alosi as we speak.

I am a huge D Harris fan, but he is absolutely horrid in coverage. Maybe if the Jets had good safeties it wouldn't be so apparent but Harris seems to get beat like a drum in coverage.

I am a huge D Harris fan, but he is absolutely horrid in coverage. Maybe if the Jets had good safeties it wouldn't be so apparent but Harris seems to get beat like a drum in coverage.

All our LB'ers suck in coverage...mix that with terrible safety play and its no wonder we get smoked in the middle of the field.

I wounldnt mind adding an ILB that has some coverage skills and taking Harris and Scott out toward the end of game when you decide to drop back in coverage.

Gholston was brought in to replace Thomas for being a lazy sack of garbage after getting paid.

I would not say he is horrid in coverage, but certainly average at best. Meanwhile, he is terrific in pass rushing. Duh ... you think for a team that blitzes so much, and given Harris's strengths/weaknesses, you would see him rushing the passer more often than a few times per game??? Sometimes I wonder about Rex.

I would not say he is horrid in coverage, but certainly average at best. Meanwhile, he is terrific in pass rushing. Duh ... you think for a team that blitzes so much, and given Harris's strengths/weaknesses, you would see him rushing the passer more often than a few times per game??? Sometimes I wonder about Rex.

You really think Harris is that good a pass rusher? He's a good finisher, but he has no moves whatsoever. He is unblocked or pushing the pile. Precisely what Gholston does, if somewhat better. He's no Jason Taylor and Jason Taylor is a washed up fruitcake. I think Harris is pretty bad in coverage. The worst of our bunch and none of them is any good. They would probably be using Ihedigbo more as an LB in passing situations if he weren't hurt and we had a few safeties.

I think Westerman has been hurt and he is playing a position where we are strong. He doesn't add anything (pass coverage) the others can't and he doens't play well on specials. I'll be interested next season to see if he plays ILB or OLB because he has flip flopped. They seem to like Mauga and Mauga made some plays on ST this week.

I think Harris is a damn good player. I don't think what he does is special or irreplaceable.

I also don't think having two ILBs making a crapload of money is smart in a capped league.

It's not as if Harris is the guy who makes the D...

Archived