Is something up with the playcalling ?

Smashmouth

I liked the way the offense has been called the past 2 weeks and it also proves Sanchez is an accurate QB when the offense actully gives him a chance to get in rhythm like Ive been saying all year. I noticed something the past 2 weeks and I wanted to see if any of you have as well. Has anyone noticed on more than one occasion Sanchez has walked off the field and went straight to Callahan rather than Shott ? Is something up because the offense has been much different even in certain situations where weve come to see Shott be so predictable.

personally I think something is up and they are just saving face for shotty even the screens have been different they actully have blockers out front now hehe. Sure it could be offensive line calls but that would be mangolds responsibility

Discuss.

Stupid thread. The Schotty haters are dumb. It's all on execution which the offense has finally done a better job of. Sanchez didn't suck. Wasn't great either and that's why u see a better offense.

Game plan was no different then ever

Bullsh*t JIF. The game plan has been different and the patterns have been different and we have used more slants draws and screens so dont go callin bullsh*t. ITS DIFFERENT

I liked the way the offense has been called the past 2 weeks and it also proves Sanchez is an accurate QB when the offense actully gives him a chance to get in rhythm like Ive been saying all year. I noticed something the past 2 weeks and I wanted to see if any of you have as well. Has anyone noticed on more than one occasion Sanchez has walked off the field and went straight to Callahan rather than Shott ? Is something up because the offense has been much different even in certain situations where weve come to see Shott be so predictable.

personally I think something is up and they are just saving face for shotty even the screens have been different they actully have blockers out front now hehe. Sure it could be offensive line calls but that would be mangolds responsibility

Discuss.

Schotty was in the middle of the 4th down TD play against the Steelers. But it would explain a lot. I think Schott was making the Defensive calls yesterday!

Schotty was in the middle of the 4th down TD play against the Steelers. But it would explain a lot. I think Schott was making teh Defensive calls yesterday!

LOL The defense totally sucked a$$ yesterday. This team is so freakin wildly inconsistent the last 5 games its beyond anything Ive seen. We are just not a very well diciplined or coached team and its obvious by the inconsistent performance.

Only thing different is execution outside of 2 calls. Been the same game plan all year long.

Honestly Im not sure what youve been watching JIF. people have been screaming for Draws Slants and Screens all year ...yesterday we run them the offense plays well other than the typical drops in really bad spots and you say its the same >??? COME ON MAN

I thought you were in the freakin galapogos water skiing LOL (yes thats a joke jiffy pop)

Did you hit your head ?

Honestly Im not sure what youve been watching JIF. people have been screaming for Draws Slants and Screens all year ...yesterday we run them the offense plays well other than the typical drops in really bad spots and you say its the same >??? COME ON MAN

I thought you were in the freakin galapogos water skiing LOL (yes thats a joke jiffy pop)

Did you hit your head ?

I had to cancel my surf trip. I'm pissed. It's Schottys fault.

Typical bullsh*t. The offense was bad it's Schotty. The offense was good it was Callahan. Never mind that he's the "Running Game Coordinator" and they can't run.

As for the game plan, where did you see all these screen passes? They threw the ball to Greene, but I don't remember it being a screen. There was one that was really well set up and a quick out to Cotchery. That's all I remember. I don't remember all these draw plays yesterday either. Maybe one or two. They run the same amount of screens and draws as usual, they were just more successful. They have been running more slants, which is fine by me.

O G'dammit...The team has run draws, screens, and slants all year. The key is actually executing draws, screens, and slants. Perhaps the old wizard Callahan has helped them concoct the magic formula for the past two weeks. Either way for this play to be sustained and even improved it'll be because of Sanchez.

Typical bullsh*t. The offense was bad it's Schotty. The offense was good it was Callahan. Never mind that he's the "Running Game Coordinator" and they can't run.

As for the game plan, where did you see all these screen passes? They threw the ball to Greene, but I don't remember it being a screen. There was one that was really well set up and a quick out to Cotchery. That's all I remember. I don't remember all these draw plays yesterday either. Maybe one or two. They run the same amount of screens and draws as usual, they were just more successful. They have been running more slants, which is fine by me.

The thing is we have not been running screens, slants, or draws all year. Yesterday I remember numerous Slants, at least 3 draw plays, and yes 2 very well set up screens. Thats more than the average, dont exaggerate. I pointed out I saw Sanchez talk to Callahan on more than one occasion while coming off the field. I asked for it to be discussed. I didnt say the offense was better because of it, just maybe something was done becuase we only scored 1 td in a fu*kin month. Why has Sanchez all of a Sudden become deadly accurate the past 2 weeks ?? Why is he more decisive ? Why are we not running ridiculous 2o and 3o yard patterns putting the kid in harms way before he even gets in rhythm ??? Why are we finally running first down plays to the markers rather than 4 or 5 yards short of them ?? Something is different and Im not sure if its Shotty Finally adapting after 13 fu*kin weeks or if a change was made. maybe there3 is more input from otrher coaches its not a far fetched thought.

The thing is we have not been running screens or slants or draws all year yesterday I remember numerous Slants at least 3 draw plays and yes 2 very well set up screens. Thats more than the average, dont exaggerate. I pointed out I saw Sanchez talk to callahan on more than one occasion while coming off the field I asked for it to be discussed I didnt say the offense was better because of it just maybe something was done becuase we only scored 1 td in a fu*kin month Why has Sanchez all of a Sudden become deadly accurate the past 2 weeks ?? Why is he more decisive ? Why are we not running ridiculous 2o and 3o yard patterns putting the kid in harms way before he even gets in rhythm ??? Why are we finally running first down plays to the markers rather than 4 or 5 yards short of them ?? Something is different and Im not sure if its Shotty Finally adapting after 13 fu*kin weeks or if a change was made. maybe there3 is more input from otrher coaches its not a far fetched thought.

My Destroy All Coaches thread got me a giant f*ck you from a couple people. I'm some kind of super troll.

Your thread is 11 posts long and no one's said it yet.

I'm too nice to do it, but a dick enough to point it out.

But isn't this really the best part considering the motivation for the anti-Schotty lobby is transparently the fact that he's a convenient scapegoat and now they're talking up a guy who's even easier to get rid of and thereby magically fix everything?

My Destroy All Coaches thread got me a giant f*ck you from a couple people. I'm some kind of super troll.

Your thread is 11 posts long and no one's said it yet.

I'm too nice to do it, but a dick enough to point it out.

Gato I think its pretty Obvious we are not a well coached football team. The writing is on the wall when it comes to that. Wildly Inconsistent, Stupid Mistake after Stupid Mistake, Terrible clock management, Horrible use of the red flag. Its not a pretty sight. I see a lot of differences in the last two weeks on offense im not sure wWTF the explanation is but I guarantee you its not the players. it could be Shotty finally got the message and really changed things up or it could be others are getting involved Im not sure. But people who say things are not different have no idea WTF they are talking about and im not sure WTF games they have been watching to be honest.

Gato I think its pretty Obvious we are not a well coached football team. The writing is on the wall when it comes to that. Wildly Inconsistent, Stupid Mistake after Stupid Mistake, Terrible clock management, Horrible use of the red flag. Its not a pretty sight. I see a lot of differences in the last two weeks on offense im not sure wWTF the explanation is but I guarantee you its not the players. it could be Shotty finally got the message and really changed things up or it could be others are getting involved Im not sure. But people who say things are not different have no idea WTF they are talking about and im not sure WTF games they have been watching to be honest.

They're 10-5 and going to the playoffs again.

The writing on that wall you see is all in your head.

The difference in the last two games from the other games where they sucked is that the players executed. Sanchez has had two games in a row where he looks like a real life NFL QB. The next step is to make that second nature. He's got 30+ NFL starts under him and he'll have a playoff run to show how much he's grown during year 2.

WTF is a running game coordinator ??? hes the Oline coach

Predictability gets you damn running game stuffed the same way it gets your passes defensed. if you cant get it done in the passing game eventually you will face 7 and 8 men in the box more so if your predictable. The running game is producing 135 yards per game probably more. are we as dominant as last year NO but we can still be successfull if we didnt abandon the god damn run in numerous close games this year .

They're 10-5 and going to the playoffs again.

The writing on that wall you see is all in your head.

The difference in the last two games from the other games where they sucked is that the players executed. Sanchez has had two games in a row where he looks like a real life NFL QB. The next step is to make that second nature. He's got 30+ NFL starts under him and he'll have a playoff run to show how much he's grown during year 2.

GATO its nice to feel good were going into the playoffs I love this team and have followed them since 1973 when i was old enough to understand WTF was going on. While its great we have made the play offs we have A lot of problems and inconsistencies to deal with. We are not your typical top end team that just goes and blows people out like the 98 team or the 86 team this team has major issues in one phase of the game and NEVER puts together a complete ball game. Im hopeing something just clicks in the playoffs and we just steam roll everyone but after watching the regular season Im not sure that can happen its possible but certainly not probable. If you look at the Pats they started off ok and consistently got better every week to the point they are now just destroying everyone they face and yes the young defense is now starting to GET BB's system which is even more scarey. Thats the type Of thing I was looking forward to with this Jets team and it seems even our stong points in the past are now starting to develop flaws. Im not happy going into the playoffs and If I were Rex i would do my bets to lay a complete beatdown on the Bills and then decide weather im resting players because YES the players are just as accountable as the coaches this season.

The thing is we have not been running screens, slants, or draws all year. Yesterday I remember numerous Slants, at least 3 draw plays, and yes 2 very well set up screens. Thats more than the average, dont exaggerate. I pointed out I saw Sanchez talk to Callahan on more than one occasion while coming off the field. I asked for it to be discussed. I didnt say the offense was better because of it, just maybe something was done becuase we only scored 1 td in a fu*kin month. Why has Sanchez all of a Sudden become deadly accurate the past 2 weeks ?? Why is he more decisive ? Why are we not running ridiculous 2o and 3o yard patterns putting the kid in harms way before he even gets in rhythm ??? Why are we finally running first down plays to the markers rather than 4 or 5 yards short of them ?? Something is different and Im not sure if its Shotty Finally adapting after 13 fu*kin weeks or if a change was made. maybe there3 is more input from otrher coaches its not a far fetched thought.

Two screens is NOT more than the average. They have started running more draw plays because they have worked. They work for similar reason to the screen passes working. Teams are starting to respect the pass. Otherwise a draw or a screen is useless and a stupid, stupid call. No matter how many posters like the idea. I think they are throwing more slants because they have been working. Why didn't they run more slants before? Probably because Holmes is the one that is effetive with them and he has only been with the team for 10 weeks. It may be taking time for the chemistry to be there. Especially when in several of the games Sanchez couldn't even hold onto the ball, let alone throw it effectively.

WTF is a running game coordinator ??? hes the Oline coach

Predictability gets you damn running game stuffed the same way it gets your passes defensed. if you cant get it done in the passing game eventually you will face 7 and 8 men in the box more so if your predictable. The running game is producing 135 yards per game probably more. are we as dominant as last year NO but we can still be successfull if we didnt abandon the god damn run in numerous close games this year .

Bill Callahan is a "running game coordinator". I believe that he is also an assistant head coach. I didn't ******* annoint him. The team did. If he isn't the "running game coordinator" what has he done that makes you believe he is helping so much now? The O line has certainly regressed.

Another point I'd like to add is that on several of those runs - the stretch and the draws - the timing is off and they have had trouble with ball transfer. They ****ed a couple up royally early yesterday. When you consider the Jets are generally playing a field position game, that may be why you don't see more of them. Too much chance for a negative play until they have practiced it and gotten the kinks worked out.

Callahan set to coach Jets' offensive line, running game

Two screens is NOT more than the average. They have started running more draw plays because they have worked. They work for similar reason to the screen passes working. Teams are starting to respect the pass. Otherwise a draw or a screen is useless and a stupid, stupid call. No matter how many posters like the idea. I think they are throwing more slants because they have been working. Why didn't they run more slants before? Probably because Holmes is the one that is effetive with them and he has only been with the team for 10 weeks. It may be taking time for the chemistry to be there. Especially when in several of the games Sanchez couldn't even hold onto the ball, let alone throw it effectively.

Was just saying its more than OUR average. if we are not executing and that is causing a lot of our probelms then its up to the coaches to point this out and make some serious changes. If the players still cant execute then they need to go. Ive seen bits and pieces all year long when it comes to execution in almost every game Ive seen it from Keller a lot from Santonio and from the o line as well but those usually lead to botched plays not entire game plans of fail. It becomes even more obvious due to the nature of the close games we play which magnifies everything. The only fact is we have problems in alot of areas yet we have a winning record. Like I said maybe we can hope it comes together in the playoffs like last year but in my heart I know for a fact this team has no chance to beat teams like the Pats maybe no one does.

Was just saying its more than OUR average. if we are not executing and that is causing a lot of our probelms then its up to the coaches to point this out and make some serious changes. If the players still cant execute then they need to go. Ive seen bits and pieces all year long when it comes to execution in almost every game Ive seen it from Keller a lot from Santonio and from the o line as well but those usually lead to botched plays not entire game plans of fail. It becomes even more obvious due to the nature of the close games we play which magnifies everything. The only fact is we have problems in alot of areas yet we have a winning record. Like I said maybe we can hope it comes together in the playoffs like last year but in my heart I know for a fact this team has no chance to beat teams like the Pats maybe no one does.

I'm saying it's not more than OUR average. They don't run screens because they haven't worked. Yesterday they worked because the passing game was working. That's why you noticed them. You don't like the execution on a stretch play so you want to ditch Sanchez? That's your perogative, but I can't see how it's an indictment of Schottenhiemer or anything Callahan has done to help.

Pointing out a lack of execution is not going to fix it midseason. The guys that have caused the biggest problems are Holmes and Sanchez. Not much you can do about them. Especially when you are only carrying three and a half WR on the team and two are hurt. If it's any consolation, they did sit Holmes for a bit yesterday. I'm not sure if it was punishment, cause he's been hurt or to calm him down.

Bill Callahan is a "running game coordinator". I believe that he is also an assistant head coach. I didn't ******* annoint him. The team did. If he isn't the "running game coordinator" what has he done that makes you believe he is helping so much now? The O line has certainly regressed.

Another point I'd like to add is that on several of those runs - the stretch and the draws - the timing is off and they have had trouble with ball transfer. They ****ed a couple up royally early yesterday. When you consider the Jets are generally playing a field position game, that may be why you don't see more of them. Too much chance for a negative play until they have practiced it and gotten the kinks worked out.

Callahan set to coach Jets' offensive line, running game

That article was in the Mangini years I believe he is the assistent head coach and offensive line coach with the Jets under Ryan. Our running game is fine but I feel we are running LT too much up the middle which is NOT to his strength and were not attacking off tackle as much as we should be. LT should be our Third down back and SG should take over the running now and through the playoffs. if were running the ball SG should be getting 20 - 25 carries a game LT should get 5-10 and catch passes out of the back field. I would like to see them on the field at the same time as well to change things up. LT is one of the best backs in the history of the game picking up the blitz lots of different packages we can use to mix up the defense.

I'm saying it's not more than OUR average. They don't run screens because they haven't worked. Yesterday they worked because the passing game was working. That's why you noticed them. You don't like the execution on a stretch play so you want to ditch Sanchez? That's your perogative, but I can't see how it's an indictment of Schottenhiemer or anything Callahan has done to help.

Pointing out a lack of execution is not going to fix it midseason. The guys that have caused the biggest problems are Holmes and Sanchez. Not much you can do about them. Especially when you are only carrying three and a half WR on the team and two are hurt. If it's any consolation, they did sit Holmes for a bit yesterday. I'm not sure if it was punishment, cause he's been hurt or to calm him down.

Ditch sanchez ? Not sure what your taking about there. I think Sanchez is fine but has been playing with a truly bad game plan all year long. Ive seen too much from him to lay blame his one really bad throw yesterday looked like either he didnt read the cut or cotch didnt make it, that type of sh*t happens you just hope it does not lead to an interception. Ive seen that happen a lot where Sanchez anticipated a cut that never happened which made it look like he threw the ball 5 feet off the mark. Physically I think hes a very accurate QB who can make all the throws but Im not sure whos making the mistakes in execution the WR's or Mark. What we hear from the coahes is Mark is a book worm and knows WTF hes doing could it be our prima donna WR's are not doing their part ? Who knows

That article was in the Mangini years I believe he is the assistent head coach and offensive line coach with the Jets under Ryan. Our running game is fine but I feel we are running LT too much up the middle which is NOT to his strength and were not attacking off tackle as much as we should be. LT should be our Third down back and SG should take over the running now and through the playoffs. if were running the ball SG should be getting 20 - 25 carries a game LT should get 5-10 and catch passes out of the back field. I would like to see them on the field at the same time as well to change things up. LT is one of the best backs in the history of the game picking up the blitz lots of different packages we can use to mix up the defense.

That article is about when Callahan was hired. Callahan has been with the Jets since 2008. They kept the offensive staff intact. There are several articles about how he was hired to help run the Jets running game and he has consistently gotten nearly all the credit for the success of the running game. Whether he deserves it or not.

I would also prefer to see Greene. LT has fumbled several times and gotten a pass, either because he is a HOF back or because the Jets have recovered. Greene seems like he can't ahake a fumbler rep when they actually probably put it on the ground the same number of times.

Ditch sanchez ? Not sure what your taking about there. I think Sanchez is fine but has been playing with a truly bad game plan all year long. Ive seen too much from him to lay blame his one really bad throw yesterday looked like either he didnt read the cut or cotch didnt make it, that type of sh*t happens you just hope it does not lead to an interception. Ive seen that happen a lot where Sanchez anticipated a cut that never happened which made it look like he threw the ball 5 feet off the mark. Physically I think hes a very accurate QB who can make all the throws but Im not sure whos making the mistakes in execution the WR's or Mark. What we hear from the coahes is Mark is a book worm and knows WTF hes doing could it be our prima donna WR's are not doing their part ? Who knows

I got it from your post. See above. It is 100% obvious to anybody watching that Sanchez is the major problem with the offense. It is his execution which caused problems with the stretch play. His throws have been inconsistent and his ball handling abysmal. They can only try to correct him. They can't bench him. Same with the WR. They didn't keep Clowney and they have nobody else.

I got it from your post. See above. It is 100% obvious to anybody watching that Sanchez is the major problem with the offense. It is his execution which caused problems with the stretch play. His throws have been inconsistent and his ball handling abysmal. They can only try to correct him. They can't bench him. Same with the WR. They didn't keep Clowney and they have nobody else.

Sorry Im not sure this is 100 % on Sanchez or even close to it. Ive seen him In numerous games look like he could not hit the broad side of a barn then all of a sudden become deadly accurate in the 2 minute drill. I think hes ahving those problems because of the offense, its design, and the way its called. We've seen other QB's have the same issues in this offense for what 5 years now ? The last time we've seen this offense click with a QB and Offensive coordinator was in 98 with Vinny/Weiss and in 02 with Chad/Hackett . Every other offense has been Horrible. I was always willing the last 5 years to give Shotty the benifit of the doubt because we really lacked talented WR's but now that we have a boatload of offensive talent it still seems to be used wrong. The only people who know who is NOT executing week in and week out is the coaching staff. They know who didnt make a cut, they know who threw a bad pass since they have the plays in front of them. We can only guess. 2 common denominators in this equasion are Sanchez and Shotty and I just happen to think its Shotty whos dropping the ball. Just my opinion. I also feel if we were to have started this season with a guy like Charlie Weiss we would be talking SB right now instaed of still trying to figure out WTF is wrong with this football team.

Sorry Im not sure this is 100 % on Sanchez or even close to it. Ive seen him In numerous games look like he could not hit the broad side of a barn then all of a sudden become deadly accurate in the 2 minute drill. I think hes ahving those problems because of the offense, its design, and the way its called. We've seen other QB's have the same issues in this offense for what 5 years now ? The last time we've seen this offense click with a QB and Offensive coordinator was in 98 with Vinny/Weiss and in 02 with Chad/Hackett . Every other offense has been Horrible. I was always willing the last 5 years to give Shotty the benifit of the doubt because we really lacked talented WR's but now that we have a boatload of offensive talent it still seems to be used wrong. The only people who know who is NOT executing week in and week out is the coaching staff. They know who didnt make a cut, they know who threw a bad pass since they have the plays in front of them. We can only guess. 2 common denominators in this equasion are Sanchez and Shotty and I just happen to think its Shotty whos dropping the ball. Just my opinion. I also feel if we were to have started this season with a guy like Charlie Weiss we would be talking SB right now instaed of still trying to figure out WTF is wrong with this football team.

#1 Deadly accurate is a gross overstatement.

#2 Under Favre, prior to the final 4 or 5 games, when weiner boy's arm gave out, THIS offense averaged 30 ppg. That is THIS offense under Schotty and Callahan.

#3 If you think Sanchez is already a fine NFL QB and doesn't need to be babied and brought along we have a major difference of opinion right there that no amount of discussing is going to get around.

When Schotty went off the rails last year, Rex gave Callahan a bigger role in the offense. Looks like the same thing is happening this year. Sanchez spent copious amounts of time conferring with Callahan instead of Schott, it seemed.

And, Dom, a team can have the Lombardi Packers sweep in its playbook, but if the other team knows it's coming it's gonna be stopped more times than not.

When Schotty went off the rails last year, Rex gave Callahan a bigger role in the offense. Looks like the same thing is happening this year. Sanchez spent copious amounts of time conferring with Callahan instead of Schott, it seemed.

And, Dom, a team can have the Lombardi Packers sweep in its playbook, but if the other team knows it's coming it's gonna be stopped more times than not.

Thanks Im glad you noticed that. Thats really all I was asking when I started this thread now the question is ...Does this finally mean were shipping this failure off at the end of the season and if it is Callahan who has once again taken a bigger role are we doing it on the quiet so as not to hurt Shotts chances of landing a HC position ?

Thanks Im glad you noticed that. Thats really all I was asking when I started this thread now the question is ...Does this finally mean were shipping this failure off at the end of the season and if it is Callahan who has once again taken a bigger role are we doing it on the quiet so as not to hurt Shotts chances of landing a HC position ?

Yes. Yes, and, yes.

Last week I saw Schotty and Rex talking alot. Does this mean that Rex is manipulating Schotty into scoring more points by making Schitty believe he thinks he's less than scum? Is this recent surge simply a ploy by Rex and Callahan as part of their grand scheme to eventually free the Jets offense of their one true failure?

Archived