Teriffic Whitlock Article that sums up Jets vs Cheaters

madmikeisback

Rex kind of invites it with stuff like this..

Ryan deadpanned, “I never realized how similar I am to Tom Brady. The obvious physical appearance would be the first thing. The fact that he’s married to a supermodel (Gisele Bundchen) … hello … ’’ Ryan then pulled out the December issue of InStyle magazine and turned to a full-page advertisement featuring his wife, Michelle, modeling NFL women’s apparel, a photo that also recently ran in The Post.“Yes,’’ Ryan said proudly, “I’m also married to a supermodel. We are very similar in that way.’’

I agree it was lame of welker, and it's great it motivated the jets.. but still think it's a lot of fake indignation

great post above dom..

I fail to see how that is analogous to Ryan taking digs at Brady's wife. He spoke of Brady's wife in a complimentary way and of his own in a complimentary, if tongue-in-cheek, way. If Brady had responded with a flattering-to-both-women comment it wouldn't have been newsworthy.

Anyway f*** Welker, his fag QB, his cheating coaches, his hypocrite owner, and their mongoloid fans (not counting our regular JN Pats fan posters who are merely misguided, but generally decent, folks).

Are Pats fans really that stupid Sperm?

So Welker being on the field would have made it a better pass? Brady didn't throw that pick because Green-Ellis sucks. He threw a horrifically bad pass there. Welker wouldn't have helped.

No doubt. But maybe the pass doesn't get thrown there in the first place. It's not like Green-Ellis was an oft-targeted receiver this year.

Don't see what any of this has to do with the Pats' fans, but yes they are stupid.

I fail to see how that is analogous to Ryan taking digs at Brady's wife. He spoke of Brady's wife in a complimentary way and of his own in a complimentary, if tongue-in-cheek, way. If Brady had responded with a flattering-to-both-women comment it wouldn't have been newsworthy.

He was goofing on brady a bit, but nothing over the top obviously.. I more talking about putting his wife out there for public consumption like that, in the middle of a war of words between the two teams..

No doubt. But maybe the pass doesn't get thrown there in the first place. It's not like Green-Ellis was an oft-targeted receiver this year.

Don't see what any of this has to do with the Pats' fans, but yes they are stupid.

lurking over there, the speculation is that it would've been a screen to welker as they don't really run screens to BJGE.. just excuse makign really. there were plenty of other critical moments where they blew it, not the elast of which was the 4 play 76 yard td drive they gave upo after making it 14-11... we go three and out there and we probably lose..

I felt that way until I saw Bart Scott's postgame interview. Dude really took it to heart. That wasn't phony at all.

Oh please. That was straight WWF. Okay, WWE I'm showing my age. Bart Scott was looking for somebody to give that speech to, especially his opening 'ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!" Besides, Scott is the kind of guy that would get angry motivation from Logan Mankins saying "Good Afternoon".

He was goofing on brady a bit, but nothing over the top obviously.. I more talking about putting his wife out there for public consumption like that, in the middle of a war of words between the two teams..

I don't really see what Rex did there as taking a shot at Brady so much as being proud and complimentary of his own wife.

Oh please. That was straight WWF. Okay, WWE I'm showing my age. Bart Scott was looking for somebody to give that speech to, especially his opening 'ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!" Besides, Scott is the kind of guy that would get angry motivation from Logan Mankins saying "Good Afternoon".

And don't you love him for that?

lurking over there, the speculation is that it would've been a screen to welker as they don't really run screens to BJGE.. just excuse makign really. there were plenty of other critical moments where they blew it, not the elast of which was the 4 play 76 yard td drive they gave upo after making it 14-11... we go three and out there and we probably lose..

I don't know where you're talking about with the lurking, but I'm guessing it's a homoerotic Pats fan site.

Truth is, if it even did affect the play, and in turn the score, and in turn the game, it only adds to it for me.

On the other hand, if you actually believe that the Jets used that bullsh*t to "fuel themselves and give them a target for their aggression" then you probably are a hypocrite. Weren't you one of us saying that these teams don't need any motivation and any bulletin board material the Jets give the Pats is a joke? It helps the Jets, but not the Pats?

Yes he was, but he's not the only one. Plenty of hypocrites on the board. And don't let him fool you, he said it was different before the game...there was a whole thread of hypocrites.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95845-welker-dropping-the-foot-references/

On that note, can I just say that Cotchery absolutely owns the Patriots? The catch and run of his on that drive was a thing of beauty.

Yes he was, but he's not the only one. Plenty of hypocrites on the board. And don't let him fool you, he said it was different before the game...there was a whole thread of hypocrites.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95845-welker-dropping-the-foot-references/

Why is jetnation an "external reference"? I love the fact that I see the link on my screen as www.jetnation...oot-references

Klecko owned up to it. I think seeing Scott fired up after the game is fairly meaningless and I honestly thought he was laughing. One thing Keyshawn was saying pre-game that was correct was his constantly harping on "hitting your keys". People like to talk about playing angry, but you either hit or you don't. The important thing is being where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.

Great article, but I was surprised by Whitlock's 180 on Rex & the Jets. Like CTM mentioned, winning changes everything.

The good thing about this is that the Patriots are finally being exposed as frauds in how they conduct themselves. You want to be considered a class organization then, cool, act classy. The Pats are nothing but a bunch of front running crybabies.

The 180 is National for the most part....even Lupica is writing pro Jets and Rex columns.

They need a good story and let's face it, we are the best story in sports right now.

If we don't win it all the usual conservative's will e ack to killing us for our loud and bold style.

Why are we being hypocritical now? What Welker did, did not cross a line. If it did, it didn't cross much of one. Calling Brady an a$$hole isn't personal? That's in some fashion game related trash talk? I guess you could say that Rex didn't bring up SecretaryWhoreHouse, but still... We talked they talked, we kicked their a$$. To me, the problem with Welker's lame comments was 1. that they were lame and 2. "THEY" are supposed to be above that kind of thing. **** them, but I'm not going to cry about their "talking".

Cro attacked brady

Welker attacked rexs WIFE.

huge difference.

Cro attacked brady

Welker attacked rexs WIFE.

huge difference.

#1. My comment was regarding the people saying that the Jets yapping wasn't "personal"

#2. Bullsh*t. Welker made foot comments. Sure Rex has a wife with a screen name of ihaveprettyfeet, but it seems to me that Rex is the one with the foot fetish. Welker certainly never mentioned the wife or even made an overt comment.

#3. Who gives a flying ****? This is my main point. It's just chatter. The whole "There are Rules in Battle" stuff is a joke and as I pointed out, the Jets have violated quite a few of those alleged rules: starting all the talk to the media, getting personal and threatening to end a guy's career.

I don't think the Jets have anything to apologize for, but I don't think we should bitch like Deion Branch because a couple of homos in red, blue and silver decide to pipe up. Just beat their a$$ again. Or continue talking trash, you've earned the right. Don't cry about it though, that's unseemly.

The 180 is National for the most part....even Lupica is writing pro Jets and Rex columns.

They need a good story and let's face it, we are the best story in sports right now.

If we don't win it all the usual conservative's will e ack to killing us for our loud and bold style.

If we lose they will find players that say they'd rather play for Tom Coughlin.

Archived