Claytons Super Bowl favorites next year...

GangisGreen

back on topic...that's excellent, hard hitting reporting by Clayton. He really goes out on a limb in stating the five most likey SB winners next year will be teams that were all deep in the playoffs this year. He is just fearless, that guy. Seriously, I should've been a journalism major. The job has gotten so vanilla that anyone with a notepad and working knowledge of english grammar can work for ESPN.

I do not disagree with any of your statements.

With 11 FAs, the future is not clear for the Jets. Yet.

Maybe when the CBA BS settles, the Jets will be fine. They have a great coach and a nice QB. They are not alone in that regard in the AFC nor the NFL.

I don't think the Pats even have 11 players any other team would go after in FA. By that token, the Pats have something like 50 FAs.

Seriously nobody wants guys like Welker and the other crappy WRs NE has. This was BB's greatest year of coaching and this is why Brady got the MVP award. You can't turn around and then also claim the Pats have the better roster. They don't. The Jets are the better team and that's why the Jets won 2/3.

back on topic...that's excellent, hard hitting reporting by Clayton. He really goes out on a limb in stating the five most likey SB winners next year will be teams that were all deep in the playoffs this year. He is just fearless, that guy. Seriously, I should've been a journalism major. The job has gotten so vanilla that anyone with a notepad and working knowledge of english grammar can work for ESPN.

He probably got tired of picking the Texans every year like every other genius.

I don't think the Pats even have 11 players any other team would go after in FA.

Brady, Mankins, Gronkowski, Hernandez, BJGE, Vollmer, Mayo, T Warren, Wilfork, Mcourty, Gostowski. The Pats need to be concerned about 4 FAa: BJGE, Mankins, Light and Arrington and BJGE is an RFA, so hes not going anywhere.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, NE is set to add more talent to an already young team.

The Jets window closed up in Pittsburgh.

The reason the Jets did not make the SB this year is because they have the thoughts of the Pats so far up their asses, they consider the games againt them the SB and they use up so much energy they come out flatter than a pancake in the first half of an AFC Champ game.... regardless of how much they beat the Pats. If they had the emotional maurity to handle the Pats in their minds as much as on the field - they may have had the priviledge of playing in the SB this past Sunday.

Anyway, I'm pretty positive about my Patsies. If there is a season, I see some promise. They have a trillion drafts picks and hopefully find some quality players to add to some young, talented pieces on Defense. They have two Tight Ends that could be a lethal 1-2 punch. Tom Brady is Tom Brady and Bill Belichick is Bill Belichick.

Brady, Mankins, Gronkowski, Hernandez, BJGE, Vollmer, Mayo, T Warren, Wilfork, Mcourty, Gostowski. The Pats need to be concerned about 4 FAa: BJGE, Mankins, Light and Arrington and BJGE is an RFA, so hes not going anywhere.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, NE is set to add more talent to an already young team.

The way the Pats draft, we are not worried, maybe they draft another TE too, Brady is on downhill slide and will not see another SB in person unless someone gives him a ticket.

The way the Pats draft, we are not worried, maybe they draft another TE too, Brady is on downhill slide and will not see another SB in person unless someone gives him a ticket.

The past couple of drafts have been pretty decent, actually. The thing that has really hurt the Pats is not getting quality FA's the past couple of years.

RFA? What's that? Does it even exist? We'll see. Mankins may be tagged, if that exists. He's probably not too happy with them either after all the BS last year.

The reason the Jets did not make the SB this year is because they have the thoughts of the Pats so far up their asses, they consider the games againt them the SB and they use up so much energy they come out flatter than a pancake in the first half of an AFC Champ game.... regardless of how much they beat the Pats. If they had the emotional maurity to handle the Pats in their minds as much as on the field - they may have had the priviledge of playing in the SB this past Sunday.

Anyway, I'm pretty positive about my Patsies. If there is a season, I see some promise. They have a trillion drafts picks and hopefully find some quality players to add to some young, talented pieces on Defense. They have two Tight Ends that could be a lethal 1-2 punch. Tom Brady is Tom Brady and Bill Belichick is Bill Belichick.

Everybody likes to throw around coming out flat as if it was all because of the Pats, but can you guess what? They came out flat against Indy and the Pats too. The Steelers are just a stronger team with a real defense. I don't blame you for seeing promise. They are a good team with a lot of picks, but they have folded up like a lawn chair in the playoffs lately. It will be interesting to see the direction they go on offense after the mid-season retool last year.

RFA? What's that? Does it even exist? We'll see. Mankins may be tagged, if that exists. He's probably not too happy with them either after all the BS last year.

Everybody likes to throw around coming out flat as if it was all because of the Pats, but can you guess what? They came out flat against Indy and the Pats too. The Steelers are just a stronger team with a real defense. I don't blame you for seeing promise. They are a good team with a lot of picks, but they have folded up like a lawn chair in the playoffs lately. It will be interesting to see the direction they go on offense after the mid-season retool last year.

The Steelers have half of a great defense - their passing D could be softer than the Pats'.

The Jets did not come out flat against the Pats. The Jets offense ALWAYS takes time to heat up - was that way all year. However, the Jets Defense was "on" from the end of the first series on in the Pats game. I do not remember the Colts game - but I do have a vague memory of a great defensive effort.

Sorry, the entire Jets squad came out flat against Pitt. No need to take my word for it, Revis said the same thing.

Sorry, the entire Jets squad came out flat against Pitt. No need to take my word for it, Revis said the same thing.

Assuming that it was because the Jets focused so much mental and physical energy on New England is arrogance, Garb. The Jets had a great gameplan against New England, and it worked. Winning that game ended up not really being all that difficult when all was said and done.

The Jets had a lot of games this season where they started slow. Pittsburgh was no different.

The Steelers have half of a great defense - their passing D could be softer than the Pats'.

The Jets did not come out flat against the Pats. The Jets offense ALWAYS takes time to heat up - was that way all year. However, the Jets Defense was "on" from the end of the first series on in the Pats game. I do not remember the Colts game - but I do have a vague memory of a great defensive effort.

Weak pass D rarely matters against the Jets.

You admit the O is flat to start every game. That's half the battle. The D was a lot worse against the Steelers. IMO part of that is the fact that the Steelers play a smashmouth game and the Jets just came off of two very difficult finesse games. It's tough to switch gears. The Pats drove right down for 50+ yards when Harris picked Brady. The Jets went backwards and missed the FG. The Pats drove all the way inside the 10 before the Jets D tightened up and started dumping Brady on his a$$. Trust me, the D was flat to start the Pats game. The got a lucky pick and didn't come to life until the 2nd quarter and after the Pats had already put up 120 yards of offense.

Assuming that it was because the Jets focused so much mental and physical energy on New England is arrogance, Garb. The Jets had a great gameplan against New England, and it worked. Winning that game ended up not really being all that difficult when all was said and done.

The Jets had a lot of games this season where they started slow. Pittsburgh was no different.

I'm just calling it as I saw it. The defense was flat. The offense was flat. I think it's because the game against the Pats was so emotional for them. There is no other explanation for me. The 2010 Jets, in my opinion, were better than the 2010 Steelers.

And, yes, it was a great game plan against the Pats. Why can't it be a great game plan and and emotional energy overload? The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

I think Garb is right. The Jets also maybe should have ran their mouths about the Steelers. This team does not play well unless they are annoying and take it personal. I think they were focused on the Pats and beating them but also they didn't want to get a reputation for being trash talkers to every team they played.

But they already had the reputation and the Steelers just talked afterwards and many of their fans still talk anyway. That is why you've got to just be whatever you're comfortable with and ignore what everyone says. The Pats tried to match the Jets trash talking and failed miserably. Then the Jets tried to be silent against the Steelers and failed miserably.

The thing about the offense starting slow...we always have that for some reason. We had that as far back as Coslet with Boomer Esiason. With Vinny at the helm we always needed late comebacks too.

I think Garb is right. The Jets also maybe should have ran their mouths about the Steelers. This team does not play well unless they are annoying and take it personal. I think they were focused on the Pats and beating them but also they didn't want to get a reputation for being trash talkers to every team they played.

But they already had the reputation and the Steelers just talked afterwards and many of their fans still talk anyway. That is why you've got to just be whatever you're comfortable with and ignore what everyone says. The Pats tried to match the Jets trash talking and failed miserably. Then the Jets tried to be silent against the Steelers and failed miserably.

The thing about the offense starting slow...we always have that for some reason. We had that as far back as Coslet with Boomer Esiason. With Vinny at the helm we always needed late comebacks too.

:blink:

Welker's press conference was far from trash talk. It could be described as many things, but not trash talk.

I agree with your point in the Jets' silent week leading upto the Steelers. It is a bit disingenuous to talk crap to soft teams and then shut-up versus a tough team.

RFA? What's that? Does it even exist?

Does free agency exist? Dont you think that the new CBA will have a grace period to tender/sign certain players?

You should, with all the FAs the Jets have.

Mankins may be tagged, if that exists. He's probably not too happy with them either after all the BS last year.

The tag exists until the lockout.

Does free agency exist? Dont you think that the new CBA will have a grace period to tender/sign certain players?

You should, with all the FAs the Jets have.

What does a grace period have to do with it? Who cares? You think they are going to restrict players to only signing with their own teams? You said Green-Ellis wasn't going anywhere. The fact is, you have no idea about the structure of any new CBA, so assuming that guys will be RFA means something is getting a little ahead of yourself. Is it RFA after 4 years? After 6?

The tag exists until the lockout.

Yippee! Logan Mankins is yours until the lockout! I guess the Jets are keeping Harris then! The owners say the tag exists. The players say it doesn't.

None of this means much. Once we know the new deal things will start getting done. I have faith in Tannenbaum to make the best contracts. He's been pretty good with them and kept the team solid with the cap.

What does a grace period have to do with it? Who cares? You think they are going to restrict players to only signing with their own teams?

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Do you think that Teams wont get time to sign their own players?

You said Green-Ellis wasn't going anywhere. The fact is, you have no idea about the structure of any new CBA, so assuming that guys will be RFA means something is getting a little ahead of yourself. Is it RFA after 4 years? After 6?

LOL

Ellis has an expired contract and only 3 accrued seasons. Under your scenario hes still a RFA. 4, 6, 8, 10 whatever.

Yippee! Logan Mankins is yours until the lockout! I guess the Jets are keeping Harris then! The owners say the tag exists. The players say it doesn't.

If the Tag doesnt mean anything, then why the great Tanny using it on Harris? Tanny is the cap Guru according to you people.

None of this means much. Once we know the new deal things will start getting done. I have faith in Tannenbaum to make the best contracts. He's been pretty good with them and kept the team solid with the cap.

You just dont have faith in his franchise tag use. OK

Either I haven't been clear or you have a comprehension problem.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Do you think that Teams wont get time to sign their own players?

Seriously? Why the **** do these players belong to "Teams"? They aren't signed. They are free agents. They have no contract and no reason to be linked up with specific teams. Hence the term free agent. I see no reason to give teams a grace period, but the league might. Who gives a ****? What difference will it make?

LOL

Ellis has an expired contract and only 3 accrued seasons. Under your scenario hes still a RFA. 4, 6, 8, 10 whatever.

Keep laughing. My point is that there is no guarantee that there will be ANY restricted free agency. Most people think there will be, but it's not guaranteed. You are assuming it and counting the guy as in. I wouldn't, but that's just me. BJGE, you have everything locked up!

If the Tag doesnt mean anything, then why the great Tanny using it on Harris? Tanny is the cap Guru according to you people.

He "used" it because it doesn't hurt anything to say you franchised the guy. That was my exact point. I'm not counting on keeping Harris with the tag. You can save your sarcastic bullsh*t because being good with the cap and exercising a probably meaningless franchise tag are not mutually exclusive. The stupid things to do would be to want to use it and not bother, or count on it 100%. The truly stupid thing to do would be to count on it keeping Mankins in the fold without actually exercising it. I can only assume the Pats didn't use it yet in the hopes of not pissing Mankins off further, but he has already said that without it he doesn't see how they could keep him.

You just dont have faith in his franchise tag use. OK

I have not faith in anybody's franchise use. It's like if somebody gives you a lottery ticket. You might as well scracth it off. It doesn't mean you have gotten anything, but it makes sense to try.

Either I haven't been clear or you have a comprehension problem.

Or, youre uninformed.

Seriously? Why the **** do these players belong to "Teams"? They aren't signed. They are free agents. They have no contract and no reason to be linked up with specific teams. Hence the term free agent.

For the past 15 season theres been a period to resign your own FAa or let them hit the open market. That system seems to have worked out well. What leads you to believe that system will suddenly change?

Do you have an article or link, something youve written stating that the owners or players are unhappy with FA in its present form and want to do away with it?

I see no reason to give teams a grace period,

You arent running the NFL. What NFL owner in his right mind would agree to a free for all when theyve been waiting to resign some of these players, but cannot without the parameters of new CBA in place?

but the league might. Who gives a ****? What difference will it make?

Evidently you dont care if the Jets resign some of their own FAs.

Keep laughing. My point is that there is no guarantee that there will be ANY restricted free agency. Most people think there will be, but it's not guaranteed. You are assuming it and counting the guy as in. I wouldn't, but that's just me. BJGE, you have everything locked up!

I guess that makes BJGE a FA and since there wont be a signing period hes free to leave and go work down the street.

Or, youre uninformed.

For the past 15 season theres been a period to resign your own FAa or let them hit the open market. That system seems to have worked out well. What leads you to believe that system will suddenly change?

Do you have an article or link, something youve written stating that the owners or players are unhappy with FA in its present form and want to do away with it?

You arent running the NFL. What NFL owner in his right mind would agree to a free for all when theyve been waiting to resign some of these players, but cannot without the parameters of new CBA in place?

Evidently you dont care if the Jets resign some of their own FAs.

I guess that makes BJGE a FA and since there wont be a signing period hes free to leave and go work down the street.

I'm not informed? How informed are you? They walked away from the table, sounds like all the terms are ironed out.

I didn't say there wouldn't be a signing period. I said we have no idea if there will be one and if there is it is irrelevant. It doesn't insure anybody is going back to their own team. Certainly not Mankins who is #1 on your list. The Pats can sign all their FAs and the Jets could sign none or vice versa. We don't know. You want to act like you do, knock yourself out. I care if the Jets sign their guys, I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

Most members of the media dont like the Jets. Most members of the media still think these are the 2004 Pats. Oh well.

Until Brady leaves the media will love them....no matted how many embarrassing playoff performances he has.

The Pats played like pansies on their own field in the playoffs. No clue how this kind of performance lends itself to this kind of analysis.

Archived