jets safeties

bitonti

free agency and the draft are the Jets best friend

not a safety but I just noticed this, he may be old but champ bailey is a likely free agent

furthermore, while he isn't special but is generally solid Abram Elam is a free agent too

Yeah, I think Bailey and Aso being free helps with the potential for losing Cromartie. The Jets have other options, but more importantly so do other teams looking to drop big money on a CB.

Elam wouldn't solve the problem of covering TEs or RBs. Be a decent replacement for Ihedigbo or Smith, but he wasn't aces in coverage. I'd prefer to go with a younger cover guy, but he's not a horrible option.

The Jets have Cook signed along with a couple of futures guys listed at S: Wilfred Billigsley who was a practice squad CB for the Dolphins that spent time on the Jets practice squad in 2010 and Richard Taylor from Maryland. Probably just roster filler, but they are there. I'd also say that Lowery is probably a full-time safety now.

Three out of the four safeties on the Jets' 80-man roster are unsigned for next season.

the only signed player is coming off a broken leg.

is Dwight Lowery a full time safety now?

it's not good.

Oh my ..... maybe we need to see if we could pluck back our greatest loss of the millennium .... do you think Bidwell would even consider it? What would he want for Kerry? Sanchez and Revis plus a bazillion dollars?

Bailey is rumored to actually want to make the switch to safety in order to prolong his career. Could be interesting there. That Rex and Pettine have been able to hide our deficiencies at safety is incredible, especially given the lack of a pass rusher. I have this wet dream that Ed Reed gets cut from Baltimore, but it doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen. Would have loved to nab Earl Thomas last year.

Bailey is rumored to actually want to make the switch to safety in order to prolong his career. Could be interesting there. That Rex and Pettine have been able to hide our deficiencies at safety is incredible, especially given the lack of a pass rusher. I have this wet dream that Ed Reed gets cut from Baltimore, but it doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen. Would have loved to nab Earl Thomas last year.

I would love to have Bailey. Ed Reed will only be a Jet if Baltimore fires Ozzie Newsome and hires me to run the team.

WTF is there anyone on this team that's actually SIGNED? Wow... I didn't even realize this. Not that losing Pool, E. Smith or whatever would hurt us really, but this is ridiculous.

Does anyone in the league have more FA's than us right now?

I think it's a good thing. Going into a newly capped year we don't have many contracts hanging over our heads and we have an accountant who is very good at fitting guys under the cap. I don't know if other teams did the same, but I expected the Jets to do this. They are pretty solid with what they have. The WRs, Cromartie, Harris, Pool and Ellis are the unsigned starters. Jets will be flexible enough to sign plenty of people, IMO.

Archived