WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Just so this doesn't become an ongoing side issue, I was referencing this post when we were talking about having JF80 take a shot at him:

That's why I'm saying either the scum had a role blocker they used on him, or just simply called his bluff...

Which he alluded to in his postmortem:

That's logical then...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think of Brett's role being unconfirmed, while Doggin and CTM's are explicitly given? Does that mean he was something situational (i.e. changes as the game progresses), was roleless, or what? Is this common?

Good questions. Not sure why he has a special nickname listed where everyone else's roles are listed, unless that's something he's especially known for. (Absolutely no knowledge of wrestling, so no idea how that works.) Aren't there some roles where your alignment switches every day phase, or could be a symp or possibly a survivor? There's probably a lot of possibilities, so maybe it's not too useful to speculate ...

Good questions. Not sure why he has a special nickname listed where everyone else's roles are listed, unless that's something he's especially known for. (Absolutely no knowledge of wrestling, so no idea how that works.) Aren't there some roles where your alignment switches every day phase, or could be a symp or possibly a survivor? There's probably a lot of possibilities, so maybe it's not too useful to speculate ...

Never mind about the survivor possibility ... that's not usually listed as town-aligned. Eh.

Either CTM's bomb didn't work the way he intimated, or the scum used a role blocker to keep him from taking one of them out with him. Either way, his claim didn't scare them off (duh!).

vote: Jets Things

Definitely interested in him and some other people ... need to reread.

Here's the bulk of his game-related posts. A couple other one-liners here and there. There's not a lot content-wise and he's explained what's going on in his life outside of the game, but the way he sneaked in this morning and vanished again was a bit suspect.

Apologies for my absence, but I'm back now.

Vote: brett

Because I haven't played with him and after reading 16+ pages of absolutely nothing, he seems like a good place to start.

Hey dweebs. Got caught up with work and had to deal with a teething daughter the second I got home, which is both heartbreaking and annoying.

The reason I voted for brett was because I've never played with him (her?) before and wanted to get a reaction to my vote one way or another.

My reason on the previous page cited that I hadn't played with Brett before and wanted to get a reaction. And FTR, I've read every post in this thread more than once.

What was supposed to be a slow week for me quickly turned into a busy one and I'm going on less than two hours sleep, but I'm around now and should be for most of the day. Just caught up with everything and I don't think anything has been said that would make me move my vote. Doggin's reveal was very un-doggin, SMC is unusually quiet, Pac is grating on me with every post and I just don't trust CTM (and never have when playing in a game with him). Something jetfan said a few pages back about changing the way he plays because someone said he was too active strikes me as scummy. Eh, my vote stays.

You shouldn't have shot anyone, fool. What a waste.

On to the next ...

Oh, i'll be submitting a kill allright..

^^^ This was a smart post by CTM, it drew them to NK him and saved our mason team for at least a night. Well played.

Not sure why they didn't try to take out Song or SMC but could have been worse I suppose...

I'll Vote JVoR

as of right now Crusher, Dan, Vic are vote worthy as well for me. have mercy.

CTM insinuated he had a role greater than that of "bomb" and they bit on it. I hope you are playing stupid with this here...

He would take someone out on his train if lynched, presumably nothing happens to him if NK'ed.

This is how the Bomb almost always works.

When we were talking about JF80 taking a shot at him, he said something to the effect of don't shoot me if you're town if you get my drift.

So either that was a lie (which he seems to be saying above), and/or scum used a role blocker on him.

And I'm assuming Brett was roleless.

My take on that was he meant if your town, don't lynch me from the standpoint of let him get lynched so that info could be gathered from his train, and he had a shot at taking the hammer voter and a potential scum with him. Shooting him wasted his role. I don't think he was insinuating that he could take out the shooter. This was more about CTM wanting a lynch train on himself, because he felt scum would be on it.

This is classic CTM speak... could mean any of a few things, but this is how I interpreted it.

Hogan being roleless is beyond ridiculous. So I agree that the "aka "Hollywood" Hogan" must mean something, imo. It did say he was town though, and killing a good-guy Hogan can't be a good thing.

Anyway, you guys should have had J80 shoot Pac. If he's just a townie with a post restriction then he's worthless, and if not then he's scum getting off easy.

vote: Aemon Kristen for now. Rereading, the majority of his arguments are Doggin-centric (saying how suspicious Doggin looks or how other people are suspicious because of their relation to Doggin). He said he was going to reformulate his ideas ... interested to hear his perspective when he does.

When we were talking about JF80 taking a shot at him, he said something to the effect of don't shoot me if you're town if you get my drift.

So either that was a lie (which he seems to be saying above), and/or scum used a role blocker on him.

And I'm assuming Brett was roleless.

Or both. And if Brett was roleless, then I may never play in a BG game again. Roleless Hogan would turn the world upside down.

I think by testing it and not lynching, it kind of clears him as he's claiming roleless. Which is dangerous.

Personally, if we are going to spend the time to run it up...might as well lynch. At least we arent losing a power role.

I guess we could run it up, test it, and then decide if we want to hammer knowing he's claiming roleless. I dunno, the though of Doggin coasting through a game is dangerous IMO.

I never said to lynch him, I said to test it. Worst case scenario is he dies, and I dont find his power all that valuable to be honest. He's going to be NK'ed...which is why I said 10 pages ago I'm not going to stick with my theory.

Who pushed it, I suggested. Explained my theory...you act as if I put the game on hold to try this out. I mentioned it, people didnt like or didnt say anything. I wasnt the only one who thought for some reason or another to test teh Doggin.

Talking about the restriction didnt hurt the game. It was a discussion. We talked about other games it was in, scum or town. It wasnt an unproductive conversation, it was super early in day 1. I moved on a long time ago. Dont see it as being scummy.

I never voted CTM or JVOR, I surely wasnt pushing hard, just mentioned it a couple of times because neither JVOR or CTM has commented on it nor has many others...AVM did. I actually find that strange.

Its your opinion that I'm throwing your sh*t back at you. I am assuming that this is to be brushed under the rug because there is nothing dangerous or scummy my conversation with about pac, my idea to test or saying I think CTM or JVOR could be scum.

And you are a diversion. I moved on a while ago, you brought it back to life with this case against me. Did you expect me not to defend? Your whole style is fling poo to get response because you always have some grand scheme in mind. Nothing I've done has diverted a train. Meanwhile, you are still diverting the trains with a deadline looming, and I'm voting for the top 3 trying to get the game moving.

This caught my attention. Really setting up the WIFOM of "Why is Doggin still alive".. So scum can intentionally not kill him to lead a lynch on him later.. and your planting the seed early for that set-up. Not even saying IF he gets killed.

I brought this up in Day 1 but it was right before the sh*tstorm hit last night and JiF just brushed it off. I'd like to return to it...At first he discussed how he did not want to test Doggin's +1 ability he wanted to lynch...then he denies ever suggesting a lynch. The next comment is telling in that he states Doggin's ability is just not valuable...then the very next sentence he states Doggin will be NKd. If the ability is not valuable why would the scum NK him? Later on Brett calls him out for planting the seeds for a WIFOM on Doggin. Do not like.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: JiF

I don't think CTM was a good target for scum last night, he was hinting at a bomb role, I doubt a whole scum team could have missed it. If they left him live, they would have had another townie killed when he was lynched by letting one of us hammer him; so I think they must have had another reason for killing him. dan, avm, and jyoR come to mind being probably the biggest targets of his attention towards the end.

CTM picked up on this early yesterday and it kind of got lost after she brushed it off, but Dan was covering her a$$ a lot when pressuring people. So I'm going to go with that cause I figured it to be a scum tell after seeing her do it an aweful lot during the Star Wars game.

vote: Dan.

Going back to D1, very early on... my attention falls on the Brett train.

JVOR, JIF and Slats had what I felt were the votes that made that train a legit conversation, despite the lack of a legit case. I don't think all 3 are scum, but I'm almost certain one of them is.

Didn't like Slats case on Brett, hated how he kept insisting that there was "no reason to move his vote." He got really blood-thirsty at the end of D1, highlighted by his 180 change in tune when egging on JF80 to take the shot.

JVOR's 3rd vote on Brett came right about where I'd have expected scum to vote that early in the game. His confrontation with CTM is noted as well, he hasn't been pressed enought IMO.

My thoughts on JIF's play is well documented. I do NOT think he has defended well at all. Pushing multiple "either/or" theories that blatantly didn't consider all variables and outcomes. In the end, he didn't seem to care whether we lynched Brett or Doggin. Also, the quick votes on Doggin from Slats and JIF (below) seemed very sketch to me.

I am now.

unvote

vote: Doggin

This is the best course on short notice, IMHO.

Agreed.

Unvote Bret

Vote Doggin

I don't think scum would vote back to back like this, but with as confusing as D1 had gotten you never know. Like I said, I think at least one of them is scum. I'm going to VOTE JIF

I don't think CTM was a good target for scum last night, he was hinting at a bomb role, I doubt a whole scum team could have missed it. If they left him live, they would have had another townie killed when he was lynched by letting one of us hammer him; so I think they must have had another reason for killing him. dan, avm, and jyoR come to mind being probably the biggest targets of his attention towards the end.

CTM picked up on this early yesterday and it kind of got lost after she brushed it off, but Dan was covering her a$$ a lot when pressuring people. So I'm going to go with that cause I figured it to be a scum tell after seeing her do it an aweful lot during the Star Wars game.

vote: Dan.

Also like this.

Roster:

1. Song of Ice and Fire (Claim: Mason)

2. Jetsfan80 (Claim: Impotent 1-shot day vig)

3. The Crusher- hard to call. favored brett lynch. did not favor doggin lynch.

4. AVM

5. Dan X- likes "but"s. hasn't taken a firm stand on anyone or anything so far. Normal?

6. Integrity28- Defended against a Doggin lynch

7. JVOR

8. Pac2566- Pr makes me wish I were a vig

9. SMC (Claim: Mason)

10. CTM (Claim? Bomb-type pro-town insinuation)

11. Jetscode1

12. brettw4rd- Hulk Hogan

13. slats- getting overly helpful vibes from him. No clear read but would like to pressure.

14. Vicious89x

15. Doggin94it (Claim: town +1 vote)

16. Sharrow

17. JiF

18. Aemon Kristen- struggling to keep up with the game

19. war ensemble (Claim: Pending...)

20. Jets Things

This is a sh*t show.

I took the liberty of putting my thoughts next to the names. the ones with no notes I have no read on at all. There are metagaming theories you have all mentioned, but as I haven't played with you guys (except in an alt game) I can't use that to help me narrow down options. I am most comfortable with pressuring Slats.

VOTE SLATS

I took the liberty of putting my thoughts next to the names. the ones with no notes I have no read on at all. There are metagaming theories you have all mentioned, but as I haven't played with you guys (except in an alt game) I can't use that to help me narrow down options. I am most comfortable with pressuring Slats.

VOTE SLATS

Pretty sure I favored Doggin lynch and not Brett, but ok.

--The Doggin vote was out of necessity, so I'll look at the other votes for the high vote getters. Blue is confirmed town, light blue is presumed town. With post #143, these were the votes that put me at L2:

SMC (9) - Pac, slats, CTM, Jetsfan80, Vicious, JiF, AVM, Dan, I28

--Prior to that, War Ensemble was the top vote getter at 6. With Post #1058, the votes were:

war ensemble (6) - Crusher, Vicious, Jetscode, I28, AVM, brett

--And before that, Doggin was the top vote getter, reaching 7. With Post #715, the votes were:

Doggin (7) - Song, CTM, Crusher, JiF, Pac, Vicious, I28

--Before that, it was Brett. With Post #695 the votes were:

brett (6) - war ensemble, Jets Things, JVOR, slats, Pac, doggin

No player has been on all 4 trains, but 3 players have been on 3 of them:

Pac (Brett/Doggin/SMC)

Vicious (Doggin/WE/SMC)

I28 (Doggin/WE/SMC)

Pac was late on Brett and Doggin, but started on SMC. Vicious was late on Doggin and voted right after Jetfan80's "case" against SMC, but was early on WE. I28 was a late vote on Doggin & SMC.

For the other players, there have been 3 on two vote trains:

Slats, AVM, Crusher, and JiF

Players want to presume Pac is town because of the post restriction, so that makes me want to look at Vicious and I28. The WE train had stalled and then the 2 of them went to the SMC train, Vicious, opportunistic after the Jetfan80 "case" and I28 to put SMC close to lynch. These two are pinging my radar. Vicious is going after inactives now, which is a good scum distraction because we all hate inactives.

VOTE: Vicious.

VOTE SLATS

FTR...you were in favor of the Doggin lynch and the JF80 shot, correct?

--The Doggin vote was out of necessity, so I'll look at the other votes for the high vote getters. Blue is confirmed town, light blue is presumed town. With post #143, these were the votes that put me at L2:

--Prior to that, War Ensemble was the top vote getter at 6. With Post #1058, the votes were:

--And before that, Doggin was the top vote getter, reaching 7. With Post #715, the votes were:

Pac (Brett/Doggin/SMC)

Vicious (Doggin/WE/SMC)

I28 (Doggin/WE/SMC)

Pac was late on Brett and Doggin, but started on SMC. Vicious was late on Doggin and voted right after Jetfan80's "case" against SMC, but was early on WE. I28 was a late vote on Doggin & SMC.

Players want to presume Pac is town because of the post restriction, so that makes me want to look at Vicious and I28. The WE train had stalled and then the 2 of them went to the SMC train, Vicious, opportunistic after the Jetfan80 "case" and I28 to put SMC close to lynch. These two are pinging my radar. Vicious is going after inactives now, which is a good scum distraction because we all hate inactives.

Good investigative work...

Hi. Have you ever played with me SMC? Because I always go after inactives. I even made a comment during D1 which JVOR said "Wow you hate your inactives." And additionally I voted you because I said you were playing "off" which prior to songs reveal I think most the town would agree. I even said J80's case was a bit too much for D1.

Do you deny that you were playing weird D1? This post you made while accusing me, is more like SMC.

Pac (Brett/Doggin/SMC)

Vicious (Doggin/WE/SMC)

I28 (Doggin/WE/SMC)

Good post, man.

The thing that stands out to me is where I-20-ape is on each of his trains - always piling on once the train gets going.

I wanna stick with JT for the time being, though, hoping that he'll be able to provide us some content on the weekend. I realize that teething is tough, but I have a 17 year old daughter and that presents it's own set of problems, too. :P

Good post, man.

The thing that stands out to me is where I-20-ape is on each of his trains - always piling on once the train gets going.

I wanna stick with JT for the time being, though, hoping that he'll be able to provide us some content on the weekend. I realize that teething is tough, but I have a 17 year old daughter and that presents it's own set of problems, too. :P

Didn't you say you wanted to pressure inactives today as well?

FTR...you were in favor of the Doggin lynch and the JF80 shot, correct?

Damn straight I was. Jf80 had a revealed one-shot power. The right play was to use it and keep playing rather than save it and get NKed. Doggin's claim sounded like the perfect cover for scum and the timing of the reveal made no sense. It's like a miller claim with no pressure.

Didn't you say you wanted to pressure inactives today as well?

Yeah, I have my vote on JT (Jets Things) and plan on keeping it there for now. I hope he pops his head in. I -uh- say that in the post you quoted. :huh:

Pac (Brett/Doggin/SMC)

Vicious (Doggin/WE/SMC)

I28 (Doggin/WE/SMC)

Appreciate the work behind putting this together, but it doesn't illustrate that in some cases, like Brett I think, where a train shrunk and then grew to "large" again by the standards you are illustrating here.

JIF was on your train, and he was on both the Doggin and Brett trains that re-grew later in D1 that are not shown here... putting him on 3 different "large" trains too. Also Slats was on the final Doggin lynch train too, putting him on you, Brett, and Doggin's large trains.

Here are those trains:

Doggin (11) - Dan, Jetsfan80, slats, JiF, SMC, Crusher, AVM, CTM, JVOR, I28, Jetscode

brett (6) - war ensemble, Jets Things, doggin, JiF, slats, SMC

Interestingly, Jif and Slats moved their votes in sync on both those late day trains - and you followed them in both cases. Could be coincidence, could be a ballsy scum team assuming town would say scum would never vote like that.

Your post above seems to exclude the full snapshot of "large train" history on D1, because if the goal was to show people on multiple large trains as an indictment of scummy play.... then it only shows part of the activity of D1, not all... and it turn becomes a relatively scummy post by you.

Well I know that I wanted you to respond to the question so I could respond with

ZOMG U R PREZZURE INACTIVEZ U R TEH SCUM

I see where you're going... :lol:

I liked SMC's work, and fully understand him being concerned about the possibility of a Chilean Scumdercat, but using the same data I think the monkey looks a lot more opportunistic. So my "good work," to him was more about putting that info together, not his conclusion. For now. Scum.

I liked SMC's work, and fully understand him being concerned about the possibility of a Chilean Scumdercat, but using the same data I think the monkey looks a lot more opportunistic. So my "good work," to him was more about putting that info together, not his conclusion. For now. Scum.

Chilean scumdercat?

:(

Damn straight I was. Jf80 had a revealed one-shot power. The right play was to use it and keep playing rather than save it and get NKed. Doggin's claim sounded like the perfect cover for scum and the timing of the reveal made no sense. It's like a miller claim with no pressure.

The problem with the shot in hindsight...if 80 doesn't shoot we had five players who make targets for NK...CTM, 80, Doggin, and the two masons...looks like we did a job for the scum team...all for the sake of keeping 80...not sure the math adds up.

Don't think I ever played a game with a miller...how does that work again? and why would anyone claim miller with no pressure?

Good investigative work...

Not really. Read my response... I think its crap.

Good post, man.

Yup. I was on 3 large trains.... string me up.

"The thing that I find interesting" is that you were also on 3 trains, but it goes unmentioned in SMC's "good investigative work." I also LOVE that now that I am listing you in my FOS, that you are OMGUS suspecting me right back...

SMC left out a lot of voting train history in this post - and by doing so, he intentionally sets the stage for dialogue around being on 3 "large" trains, a variable he has deemed scummy, without actually including all players that were on 3 large trains.

The act of doing such in and of itself was a scummy move by SMC. I'm starting to see why you would like it...

The Chilean Scumdercat and Scumkey both stood out for me in those voting patterns, but I can only vote for 1 so I chose the Chilean.

Appreciate the work behind putting this together, but it doesn't illustrate that in some cases, like Brett I think, where a train shrunk and then grew to "large" again by the standards you are illustrating here.

JIF was on your train, and he was on both the Doggin and Brett trains that re-grew later in D1 that are not shown here... putting him on 3 different "large" trains too. Also Slats was on the final Doggin lynch train too, putting him on you, Brett, and Doggin's large trains.

The train that lynched Doggin has to be discounted. Is there scum on it? Almost certainly. But there were about two hours before our deadline left when I became the third vote on Doggin's train, and JiF the fourth, with the sole aim of getting a lynch before that deadline, and choosing the weakest reveal that could've been a scum power, too. It was the right play for the town at that time.

Interestingly, Jif and Slats moved their votes in sync on both those late day trains - and you followed them in both cases. Could be coincidence, could be a ballsy scum team assuming town would say scum would never vote like that.

Your post above seems to exclude the full snapshot of "large train" history on D1, because if the goal was to show people on multiple large trains as an indictment of scummy play.... then it only shows part of the activity of D1, not all... and it turn becomes a relatively scummy post by you.

Are you saying that Song and SMC might not be a mason team, but rather are part of a scum team? Really? Or are you just throwing your poo around again?

Here are those trains:

Good stuff, but I explained in the initial post that I was excluding the Doggin train at the end because that was an "avoid the random lynch" vote. In that instance, townies would naturally jump on a bandwagon to avoid a random lynch.

The trains I listed were not tainted with the deadline urge.

Hi. Have you ever played with me SMC? Because I always go after inactives. I even made a comment during D1 which JVOR said "Wow you hate your inactives." And additionally I voted you because I said you were playing "off" which prior to songs reveal I think most the town would agree. I even said J80's case was a bit too much for D1.

Do you deny that you were playing weird D1? This post you made while accusing me, is more like SMC.

Vicious, I have played many a mafia game with you. I also remember your brilliant maneuvering in the QT scum threads. :D I, too, like going after inactives, but that is one of your self professed scum moves. I'm not pulling a JVoR here. I'm just going on what I see. You and I28 are suspect. I could only chose 1 right now to vote for so I chose you.

Archived