WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

The obvious choices, as far as Google is concerned (lol), are Pac as Mankind and Dan as The Rock. Mankind has apparently turned heel a number of times, and had big bouts with The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock apparently had big bouts with The Undertaker and Mankind...so I don't know if that info would lead us anywhere. They're wrestlers, so I suppose they all fight each other. "Heel" only comes up once on his wiki page.

Hopefully Sharrow can help out with what they might be. The trouble with wrestling is everyone is a heel at some point in their careers.

Have mercy..

One thing for town to consider is if the scum team wants to feign a PR there's no better person to do it than Dan.. If her and I were to lock horns people lynch me instead of her 9 times out of 10. All it would take is me to insult her once and the votes would pile on.

I think her PR is either complete horsesh*t or she is scum. I don't see 2 town aligned PR's - especially one that can be used "once in ahwile" and be bypassed by using a "pronoun".. balderdash I say!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Socko wonders why Slats believes there was a choice in whether or not I'd be able to embrace a PR if I had one. Every PR I've ever seen is pretty cut and dry in terms of what you can and can't do.

Mr Socko thinks it's ridiculous that you'd be able to bypass a clearly defined PR by using a pronoun. Mr Socko also thinks it's absurd that she was told to use it "once in awhile" and is now suddenly using it every post.

Simply using it more often now that it's been noticed. It's more time-consuming to edit it out of every post.

The original PM said to speak only in the third person. The gist of the subsequent conversation with Bleedin was along the lines of (largely paraphrased), "So no second person, either ("you")?" "Second person is okay. Actually, even first person plural ("we") is okay. Just use your name in place of the first person singular. Don't try too hard to get around it or the post restriction will become worse."

Thankful that Bleedin wasn't super hardcore about it. Yours seems much worse, and impossible to hide. That's why Dan said yours seems more townielike than hers, which is more concealable and less grating on everyone's nerves.

Mr Socko wonders why Slats believes there was a choice in whether or not I'd be able to embrace a PR if I had one. Every PR I've ever seen is pretty cut and dry in terms of what you can and can't do.

Mr Socko thinks it's ridiculous that you'd be able to bypass a clearly defined PR by using a pronoun. Mr Socko also thinks it's absurd that she was told to use it "once in awhile" and is now suddenly using it every post.

You could tone down your post restriction, but you've instead chosen to amp it up. Good for you. I probably would've done the same. At least in the beginning of the game.

You didn't read my post, and you didn't go back and read Dan's. She didn't get around her post restriction by using pronouns, she got around it by dropping them. Starting sentences like, "Agree that's odd," or "Think that's strange," Rather than I agree or I think. So as to avoid referring to herself in the first person, rather than directly referring to herself in the third person.

Mr Socko doesn't like Slats' play... You were aghast at the thought of JFat shooting but 30 minutes later were one of the biggest proponents of it going so far as saying he wouldn't make it through the night unless he shot.

Now you're trying to subtly imply that Dan and I have to be 'figured out' with one of us being good and the other bad.

Mr Socko says you are now in the club and 1A to Vics 1 as far as the people he'd vote for today.

I changed my mind on what I though JF80 should do with his shot. I play looser when I'm town. I don't quite use the board as a digital record of my every thought like the monkey, but I am much less guarded about my posts. My first thought was that he shouldn't shoot, thinking about it more I decided that I'd prefer if he did. If he hit scum it would've been huge. He didn't. That sucks, but now he's about as close to a confirmed townie as you can get, and at least that's something.

I'm not subtly implying anything about you and Dan. Rather, I am clearly stating that neither of you should be considered town strictly because you have post restrictions. Doesn't have to be one or the other. Not at all. But that is certainly a possibility.

Have mercy..

One thing for town to consider is if the scum team wants to feign a PR there's no better person to do it than Dan.. If her and I were to lock horns people lynch me instead of her 9 times out of 10. All it would take is me to insult her once and the votes would pile on.

I think her PR is either complete horsesh*t or she is scum. I don't see 2 town aligned PR's - especially one that can be used "once in ahwile" and be bypassed by using a "pronoun".. balderdash I say!

Haha, honestly Dan feels like the one who's doomed to get lynched first. Your post restriction, as you've pointed out, sounds better because it's more cut and dry. Bleedin never gave Dan a number of times she had to say her own name, but she's been doing it around 3ish times a day from the start of the game without complaints from him. Definitely understand why you would be suspicious. The main reason Dan is leaning town on you is because she thinks her post restriction sounds scummier than yours, but she knows she's town-aligned.

Now you're trying to subtly imply that Dan and I have to be 'figured out' with one of us being good and the other bad.

Mr Socko says you are now in the club and 1A to Vics 1 as far as the people he'd vote for today.

Took me half an hour to change my mind on JF80's shot, and that made me scummy. Took you about 30 seconds to change your mind on whether two people with post restrictions could be town - what does that make you? :lol:

I don't see the need for 2 town aligned PR's - especially one so incredibly annoying and hard to remember and another that can be used "whenever".

Dan says my apparent PR made her feel good about me but that doesn't make sense either. Like me, she should have been wondering why BG would give 2 townies PR's.

Whole thing stinks.

Have a nice day.

Took me half an hour to change my mind on JF80's shot, and that made me scummy. Took you about 30 seconds to change your mind on whether two people with post restrictions could be town - what does that make you? :lol:

have mercy.. I said that I didn't like the way you gently tried to move figuring us out to the forefront. Maybe you're trying to move the momentum from your scummate Vic...

The Rock as SK makes sense too. Perhaps a SK with a daytime shot...

I don't see the need for 2 town aligned PR's - especially one so incredibly annoying and hard to remember and another that can be used "whenever".

Dan says my apparent PR made her feel good about me but that doesn't make sense either. Like me, she should have been wondering why BG would give 2 townies PR's.

Whole thing stinks.

Have a nice day.

If our positions were swapped, Dan would be suspicious of herself, too. Your post restriction is way more blatant and difficult. That's why Dan finds it a little hard to believe scum would have such a grating restriction. If anything, seems like people are way more annoyed to keep reading yours.

Dan's also a little confused no one else said anything after CTM pointed it out a while ago. It made Dan feel a bit better about CTM at the time because it showed he was actually reading her posts carefully instead of just looking to throw down a vote on her. Dan started loosening up on concealing it after that point, too.

have mercy.. I said that I didn't like the way you gently tried to move figuring us out to the forefront. Maybe you're trying to move the momentum from your scummate Vic...

The Rock as SK makes sense too. Perhaps a SK with a daytime shot...

Dan's post restriction became new info last night, so it's a topic for now. I haven't moved either of you to the top of my suspects list just yet, just that I don't think either of you (as you have been for some time) should be considered cleared because of your post restriction.

My cleared list is short:

Song

SMC

JF80

WE

slats (but I understand if not everyone wants to buy into that one right now)

That leaves 12 people (townies can feel free to substitute my name for theirs on the list below)...

The Crusher

AVM

Dan X

Integrity28

JVOR

Pac2566

Jetscode1

Vicious89x

Sharrow

JiF

Aemon Kristen

Jets Things

In a 20 person game, figure 5 scum, and it looks like we have a serial killer, too. That means that most likely half of the above are some sort of scum.

Right now, I like my vote on Jets Things. I don't think Vic, I-20-ape, or Crusher are bad choices, either.

Have mercy..

Can you clarify this a bit. It was in your response to Slats: "Now you're trying to subtly imply that Dan and I have to be 'figured out' with one of us being good and the other bad." Do you not, then, agree that one of you two must be scum? Obviously, you would say she is scum if it's an "either or" scenario because if you were town, you would know her as scum, and if you were scum you would obviously be saying that she is the scum.

Regardless, I don't like setting you two up as diametrically opposed in the role department, for the fear (however small) that you are both town. We'd be ****ed if we tried to follow the line of thinking that let's take out one, if town take out other simply because after those two cycles we'd be down four more townies.

Something to consider may be that Bleedin said, in his original role PM, something along the lines of: "You are The Rock. You are a [townie, scum, etc.]. When describing your thoughts, you must use third person." or "You must use the third person instead of the first person." The latter could be avoided by simply avoiding the first person. I don't think Bleedin would have specified once in a while, but also didn't specify that she must use it every post. So she has avoided phrasing her sentences so that she would have to use it.

My problem is not exactly with the legitimacy of the claim, but with her attempts to hide it. Why do this unless you have something to hide? She said she was waiting for people to figure it out, but I think this process of masking it is what makes her more suspicious.

Thinking about it, we would have been in a much better position if we gave Brett the opportunity to reveal. I would've preferred going after Crusher with that shot but what can we do now...

I agree with Slats list (except obviously his own inclusion is of dubious distinction to the rest of us. I'm getting a bad vibe from Vic, I28, and JiF. I'm still not confident about Crusher because I feel awkward/strange spurts of aggressiveness when it comes to who he wants lynched. Almost like he was taking advantage of the situation and seeing if others would pile on. His defenses of that haven't reassured me much.

Checking in. As for my list of scum I'd say crusher, aemon, and JiF. The case on me is on "mock outrage". I don't think it's a

Secret how I feel about how everyone can't stop ball hugging doggin and saw the Brett train as yet another example of people just falling in-line with his ideas.

Also crusher came to the forefront on this after his last post that made it seem like he's trying to add more

Confusion to the Dan and PAC thing. My feelings is that they both can be town. Both of theses characters had a very popular tag team as faces called "the rock and sock connection".

PAC and Dan aren't a tag team IMO based on songs hinting at her and SMC, but it's a strong reason why I think they can both be town as both characters had their greatest success as faces.

Can you clarify this a bit. It was in your response to Slats: "Now you're trying to subtly imply that Dan and I have to be 'figured out' with one of us being good and the other bad." Do you not, then, agree that one of you two must be scum? Obviously, you would say she is scum if it's an "either or" scenario because if you were town, you would know her as scum, and if you were scum you would obviously be saying that she is the scum.

Regardless, I don't like setting you two up as diametrically opposed in the role department, for the fear (however small) that you are both town. We'd be ****ed if we tried to follow the line of thinking that let's take out one, if town take out other simply because after those two cycles we'd be down four more townies.

Something to consider may be that Bleedin said, in his original role PM, something along the lines of: "You are The Rock. You are a [townie, scum, etc.]. When describing your thoughts, you must use third person." or "You must use the third person instead of the first person." The latter could be avoided by simply avoiding the first person. I don't think Bleedin would have specified once in a while, but also didn't specify that she must use it every post. So she has avoided phrasing her sentences so that she would have to use it.

My problem is not exactly with the legitimacy of the claim, but with her attempts to hide it. Why do this unless you have something to hide? She said she was waiting for people to figure it out, but I think this process of masking it is what makes her more suspicious.

Already told you how the conversation with Bleedin went down ... he initially said Dan could speak only in the third person. When asked to verify if second person (using "you") was okay, he amended it to be that everything except for first person singular was okay, and added that Dan needed to say her name every so often unless she wanted the restriction tightened.

Regarding "hiding" it, it's not like Dan bent over backwards to make sure it never showed up. Below you will some of the references to "Dan" made before CTM finally asked about it. (Got an error message about too many quotes ... there were 3 others.) When does Dan ever talk like this? Figured as the game went on it would become more and more obvious anyway.

It was more about not wanting it to become an undue distraction/grating right off the bat and seeing who was reading carefully vs. skimming.

Aww, is that a vote for Dan finally coming from you? :) We should celebrate this moment.

Hi Crusher! Missed you too. :) School is off this week, so expect to see posts from the one and only Dan X while the sun is up. Hehe, mafia is the best break from teaching.

Yup, not a good day to be in a JN relationship! Although Dan X voting JVoR is the norm. JiF voting Crusher is more cause for sadness.

When it comes to romance, JVoR > Dan. :) He is very sweet. And very strict about mafia-free romance time.

Dan will only say nice things about the date if she's allowed to check the game on her phone, thanks.

Haha. You are typically this silly as town, aren't you ... booga booga you've caught the evil Dan once again.

Haha, so to be clear, Dan is on that list because you're confused about the Superhero game. In which the daytime attacks came from a townie (remember people were "clawed" and "gored")?

People overall feel very townish this game. Nothing is screaming scummy, which is difficult, coupled with the reveals/half-reveals. Rereading didn't help much ... Dan feels useless right now. <_<

Vicious gave a good breakdown of our position. We're a bit stuck with the number of trains thus far and the deadline approaching.

vote: Jetsfan80 Not going to repeat what's already been said ...

You ridiculous man. Haha, this is what you blabber about every time you're town. If you're the lynch candidate by deadline and you need to have Dan hammer you or whatever to make you happy, then let's do it.

Checking in. As for my list of scum I'd say crusher, aemon, and JiF. The case on me is on "mock outrage". I don't think it's a

Secret how I feel about how everyone can't stop ball hugging doggin and saw the Brett train as yet another example of people just falling in-line with his ideas.

Also crusher came to the forefront on this after his last post that made it seem like he's trying to add more

Confusion to the Dan and PAC thing. My feelings is that they both can be town. Both of theses characters had a very popular tag team as faces called "the rock and sock connection".

PAC and Dan aren't a tag team IMO based on songs hinting at her and SMC, but it's a strong reason why I think they can both be town as both characters had their greatest success as faces.

Yeah, the only connection between Pac and Dan, as far as she knows, is that they both have post restrictions. Not claiming any type of mason-like partnership.

And what do you mean by this about Crusher? His last two posts came yesterday morning and the night before, not commenting at all on the post restrictions ...?

Pretty sure I favored Doggin lynch and not Brett, but ok.

I just never saw the case on him in the beginning, I looked at every vote for him and none really said much except a little bit by Slats. Doggins vote and the one before his where really awful jump ons. Same time i got weirded out on you by you getting on him and staying.

Not so much my feeling on brett, it was my feeling others where worse.

Already told you how the conversation with Bleedin went down ... he initially said Dan could speak only in the third person. When asked to verify if second person (using "you") was okay, he amended it to be that everything except for first person singular was okay, and added that Dan needed to say her name every so often unless she wanted the restriction tightened.

Regarding "hiding" it, it's not like Dan bent over backwards to make sure it never showed up. Below you will some of the references to "Dan" made before CTM finally asked about it. (Got an error message about too many quotes ... there were 3 others.) When does Dan ever talk like this? Figured as the game went on it would become more and more obvious anyway.

It was more about not wanting it to become an undue distraction/grating right off the bat and seeing who was reading carefully vs. skimming.

I made my post at the same time as yours...I went back and read it. I should've mentioned that after posting, my bad.

My post was ill-timed more than anything. I don't know why it came up so late. I think I might have posted from the end of page 47 (on max views per page) without realizing you guys had clarified all that on the start of page 48. Because looking at the times...they weren't at the exact same time. Or I left my window open for a while doing something else and then came back to post--is it bad that I don't remember?

My post was ill-timed more than anything. I don't know why it came up so late. I think I might have posted from the end of page 47 (on max views per page) without realizing you guys had clarified all that on the start of page 48. Because looking at the times...they weren't at the exact same time. Or I left my window open for a while doing something else and then came back to post--is it bad that I don't remember?

Stop skimming scum. But for real I can understand if you have been doing your posting from an iPhone or whatever. The skin is nice and simple but not conducive for mafia and going full browser mode is too cumbersome.

Do you have an iPad?

Read thru the commentary on the post restrictions and Jetscode1 (haha...just kidding) cannot derive any hints or rationale from it. I'm not that familiar with the WWE or the latest tag teams...will have to take my cue from the others...only guess...is bleedin is trying to add some flavor with the tag teams...the masons, and now the pr duo (Rock N Sock connection)...could be both tag teams are all town or maybe each team has a scum...really hard to tell at this point...My scumdar points to JiF and also think Jets Things needs to add some value soon before he is thrown out of the ring.

O NOEZ ROLL PHISHING!!!

Jk. I don't want to get into game setup talk but all I will say isnthere are better options for scum outside of foley and the rock.

I agree with this point...instead of trying to point at Pac/Dan or SMC/Song there are better options to look at...thoughts on JiF? Also, I know its the weekend but Jet Things needs to add some content...

And @I28: In all honesty, I know you're votes on slats now and a lot of it has to do with him supporting SMC's work, and all that jazz -- but do you think we gain more from lynching him, or JiF? You stated that generally scum won't jump on a train together (slats then JiF jumped on Doggin's train), but explained you thought it'd be possible with how chaotic Day 1 one.

O NOEZ ROLL PHISHING!!!

Jk. I don't want to get into game setup talk but all I will say isnthere are better options for scum outside of foley and the rock.

I agree with this point...instead of trying to point at Pac/Dan or SMC/Song there are better options to look at...thoughts on JiF? Also, I know its the weekend but Jet Things needs to add some content...

That's sort of my point.

And @I28: In all honesty, I know you're votes on slats now and a lot of it has to do with him supporting SMC's work, and all that jazz -- but do you think we gain more from lynching him, or JiF? You stated that generally scum won't jump on a train together (slats then JiF jumped on Doggin's train), but explained you thought it'd be possible with how chaotic Day 1 one.

Fair question, I think we learn more from lynching JIF right now. I've thought JIF would be the best lynch since the middle of D1.

Reading through the past couple pages...

I maintain my position from D1 that discussing the post restrictions at length can not really lead anywhere. I noticed Dan doing it D1, and didn't say anything because it would have been a tangential conversation with no real outcome. I've got nothing further to add to it...

What's the point of this exchange between you an WE? Is there one? Because all I see is you continuing to be a dick over semantics. You've gotten your clarification in spades. I know you love your stupid bully act, but give it a rest already.

The point? When he insulted my reading comprehension, I thought that was an indication that he wanted to exchange barbs... like some other players here often do. If he didn't have the sack for it, then he should have pumped the brakes on the smug remarks.

And for the record, save this pathetic fatherly scolding bullsh*t... you didn't mind my "stupid bully act" when you used it as a means of avoiding conversion and NK last game... :rolleyes:

Unless someone wants to counter WE's claim that he was the victim of the coconut attack, I feel extremely good about him being town at this point.

Can I ask a sincere question about this? I can't remember ANY game in which a kill victim was told privately and not in the game thread that they were targeted by an attack, day or night. If the attack failed, BG might have just left out the targeted player's name because it failed.

There is NOTHING based on past games I've seen, that indicates that WE would have been told he was targeted via PM with the mod.

Chilean Thundercat? Starting to concern me. Shades of the Star Wars game.

vote:vic

I see you doing that little pushing thing. You know damn well that wasn;t me. But trying to push a player who already had some heat. I welcome any heat because Im town and I can prove it when the time is right. Can you? hmmmmmmmmmm?

You need to get some heat. You are a very dangerous scum player.

Reading through the past couple pages...

I maintain my position from D1 that discussing the post restrictions at length can not really lead anywhere. I noticed Dan doing it D1, and didn't say anything because it would have been a tangential conversation with no real outcome. I've got nothing further to add to it...

Post restriction talk is like set up talk. Useful until it's done and being done only to muddle up the game. Vic just pinged me. Good and dirty all at the same time.

I see you doing that little pushing thing. You know damn well that wasn;t me. But trying to push a player who already had some heat. I welcome any heat because Im town and I can prove it when the time is right. Can you? hmmmmmmmmmm?

Sigh. I admitted it's an iPhone error. And please you do realize how hypocritical the statement of pushing a player who already has heat is right? How many votes do you have? Thanks for the OMGUS.

Interesting.

What do you think of Jets Things and the chimp?

Sigh. I admitted it's an iPhone error. And please you do realize how hypocritical the statement of pushing a player who already has heat is right? How many votes do you have? Thanks for the OMGUS.

I have no votes. At the same time I caught that little thing and it's something that I could see rather stuff people keep trying to tell me. I will take a better look at you as the day go's on. but for now I like my vote.

Interesting.

What do you think of Jets Things and the chimp?

I still have alot of reading to do. it's nice here so my kids want to go to the park with the dog. But I will get it read and talk more about it.

I did look I think at Dan'x work on Jet Things and he looked like he was coasting and not adding much. need more time to look better.

The Ape? Dude I just don;t know if I have the time to look myself at all the poop he flings. Some of it gets very tuff to read. But I will do my best.

I just think it's important to not turn this into a game where the town tears itself to shreads as the scum sit back and watch.

That being said.. Vic very well may have made a mistake but it's something I saw and didn;t have to be told about.

The Danx/Pac thing is very interesting, not sure what to make of it.

Since I am a legend I've deduced that any so-called tag team such as "rock n sock" would have been mentioned to the individuals that were part of the team. Even if they weren't told who exactly their partner was their initial PM would have included an instruction something along the lines of "you are part of a duo and must find your partner" etc. The reward for finding your partner would be the ability to chat off thread in a QT. JiFruit/Shutout, and myself and BG have been given similar roles in past games. I don't see the point of being a part of a tag team with no additional power that could come from it.

Archived