March Madness Thread

Matt39

SEC FTW!!!

If VCU beats Kentucky in the national title game, they'll have beaten a team from each of the power 6 conferences on their tournament run:

USC (PAC-10)

Georgetown (Big East)

Purdue (Big 10)

Florida State (ACC)

Kansas (Big 12)

Kentucky (SEC)

Not to mention Butler from the Horizon League, for good measure.

Yippee. Your 9th placed team was the only one of the 11 to make it through in a power conference down year. Best. Conference. Ever.

This tournament will always be about what team gets hot in March and down the stretch. UConn exemplified that. You shouldn't knock regular seasons over the 4 or 5 month haul because they don't perform come NCAA Tourney time.

What will be interesting is what will happen when the NBA re-does their CBA and what they say about how many years before kids can jump to the NBA. If they move it to 3 years, you won't see many mid majors having the success they've had recently.

I will never understand people who prefer college basketball to the NBA. I would honestly rather watch a seven-game series between the Cavaliers and Timberwolves than watch another minute of that garbage.

The title game was horrific, but otherwise it was a highly entertaining tournament. The NBA is of course a superior product in most ways, but I can appreciate a group of teens and 20-somethings who aren't making the big dollars yet trying to get their moment of glory. For a large majority of the seniors, its the last game they'll ever play.

Archived