Finally the DL draft I've waited for.

SenorGato

YEAR after YEAR I have cried out to the Jets! To the Jets I said, "JETS!! You want to play in this 3-4 defense, do you not?" To which the Jets would reply, "YES!"

I in turn would reply, "Would you, team whom I root for and live closest to, like some draft advice from me?!?!?!" To which they, in turn, would reply, "NAY! But good fan and citizen, we offer thee message boards to pander you bullsh*t!!

To the boards I went. Around this time, as I kinda mentioned, the Jets were transitioning to a 3-4 under a dipsh*t newb from their greatest rival in a desperate attempt to become their greatest rival. Surely, I wondered, if they imitate a 3-4, they'd want to get a young monster DL in there? The great 3-4s were built on the likes of Richard Seymour (future HOFer), Vince Wilfork (young future HOFer), Ty Warren, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton (future HOF)? That was not to be. They got by for 3 years with Ellis, spots of a guy who could have been a future HOF had his knee stayed together, and then guys like late career Palmer Killer, Kenyon Coleman, CJ Mosley (?), and an undrafted lad named Mike DeVito. Oh, and Vernon Gholston, who was a legit afterthought. That guy...

Then the winds started to blow! The newb had fallen, and was replaced by a great defensive genius/prodigal (grand)son of sorts. Surely now would be the time for the monster DL! Nay, t'was not. It was, in fact, time for a QB. That was smart. Who knew they'd pull it off? Then...well yeah then Wilson because Terrence Cody was fat and Linval Joseph just isn't good. BUT NOW!! NOW! NOW they have picked THE CHOSEN ONES!! That's right people. Muhammad Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis have been CHOSEN to be the iceberg to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady's Titanic.

No, really I hope you didn't read all that. Really, finally this 3-4 has some 3-4 sized DL with no rust on them, no major injuries, no nothing but upside and then/and/or downside. 660+ pounds of fresh face to the D, the DL, and the futcha. Good stuff. I actually yelled (cursed, I'm unevolved) when I read that Ellis was the pick late tonight. Good stuff indeed.

I want to see an Ellis - DeVito - Wilkerson front with Pouha rotating with everyone. One, because that'd be a good indicator that these guys are ridiculous, and two because DeVito's already shown to be a mediocre pass rush/awesome run stopper. Ellis could be that, but with his size, youth, and athleticism he just might offer more against the pass. Our DL talent now > Miami's for the best in the division, the Pats still miss Seymour, and Buffalo only has two. Soon, the world.

I've been wanting them to address the D-line for years now. Our defense has been elite mostly because of our elite pass coverage. If we had young studs up front collapsing the pocket and a Ware type, we'd be a historic defense.

(Just need the Ware) :P

I think the Jets have their eye fixed on a veteran pass rusher whenever F/A happens. Anybody they pick today will be no better than Jamaal Westerman who is pretty much Vernon Gholston 2.0 as far as never meeting our hopes and expectations

I think the Jets have their eye fixed on a veteran pass rusher whenever F/A happens. Anybody they pick today will be no better than Jamaal Westerman who is pretty much Vernon Gholston 2.0 as far as never meeting our hopes and expectations

I disagree having watched JW play his college career at Rutgers. Him and VG shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Pace will get double digit sacks this years if he actually gets to the field and plays 16 times. That said, I think someone like Antwan Barnes or another JAG-like guy with pass rush potential/ability should be brought in.

Mike Vrabel, anybody?

Why not, If for no other reason than to replace Keller inside the 5.

:lol:

OLB/TE with testicles. Double bonus!

You know who would be the perfect--PERFECT--piece in this defense right now? Bill Romanowski. They need one angry red-a$$ psychopath on the edge to really bring it all together.

You read the whole thing? You are a strong one with the will of a thousand gods.

I didnt read any of it but I feel the same way as the title of the thread. Finally, the Jets take some guys that I wanted. This is exactly how I wanted it to go. Beef up the dline with a youth movement, and the players I wanted.

If we land Ahmad Black, I'll literally do back flips over this draft. Wouldnt mind Chris Carter either.

I didnt read any of it but I feel the same way as the title of the thread. Finally, the Jets take some guys that I wanted. This is exactly how I wanted it to go. Beef up the dline with a youth movement, and the players I wanted.

If we land Ahmad Black, I'll literally do back flips over this draft. Wouldnt mind Chris Carter either.

Carter would definitely be a solid pick. Will be interesting to see where Black goes if he gets drafted at all - NFL teams generally don't like small, slow guys. Saw the other day that Mayock loves the kid, thought that was interesting.

Archived