BSG: Frak one, marry one, kill one...

Integrity28

I think I have a new favorite for most hated character on the entire show: Cally. Granted she's only a nothing secondary character, but every bit of involvement she has in it is nothing but pure awfulness. Wow, do I hate that bitch. Lee Adama is also beyond irritating at times and possibly the whiniest bitch ever.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Adama is also beyond irritating at times and possibly the whiniest bitch ever.

he's the worst, I don't ever remember rooting for someone to die like I did with him, even if i28 thinks he's a cutie..

he's the worst, I don't ever remember rooting for someone to die like I did with him, even if i28 thinks he's a cutie..

He's been upgraded from cutie to hottie.

Starbuck is getting progressively less annoying as the show goes on. I don't mind her now.

The amazing part is every time I find myself thinking, "he couldn't possibly be a whinier bitch" he goes and proves me wrong by being one. Just awful.

Totally agree. We're in the middle of the second season, but there are definitely a few filler episodes that are self-contained and don't push the plot forward at all. And like you said, there are ancillary storylines that suddenly become the focus after everyone ignored them for a while.

Dan and I hated the episode where Lucy Lawless is making the documentary. I thought the crew just did things that were completely out of character, hated that the culprit in the episode was some schmuck you saw for like 5 minutes, and the ending where the cylons are watching the documentary made me want to barf.

I also have an issue with some of their music. For some reason, they do "titanic-esque" sappy nostalgic tunes in season 2 that makes it feel weird. I like most of the music on it, but I just felt like sometimes it's hokey as sh*t.

Love the show overall though. Most of the writing and acting are very good. None of my complaints about it made me less hooked :D.

I wanted to come back and comment on this, as I just got through that stretch of completely pointless episodes in the middle of season two. Yeah, that was pretty bad. And while I agree with you on the Lucy Lawless episode, I think the Scar episode had to be the worst thing they've done in the series through the first two seasons. What a pile of crap that was... ugh. Although it looks like the show is finally picking back up the last couple of episodes that I watched, which is nice.

The amazing part is every time I find myself thinking, "he couldn't possibly be a whinier bitch" he goes and proves me wrong by being one. Just awful.

I'd be surprised if you're not strongly rooting for his a violent death by the next seaso

Meanwhile, I just wrapped up season four of The Wire and thought it was the weakest one yet. "Legalizing" drugs, hidden bodies, the whole middle school and mayor race story lines, etc. Feels like they're setting up a big fifth and final season, though. At least I hope so. I'll probably get started on that tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, I just wrapped up season four of The Wire and thought it was the weakest one yet. "Legalizing" drugs, hidden bodies, the whole middle school and mayor race story lines, etc. Feels like they're setting up a big fifth and final season, though. At least I hope so. I'll probably get started on that tomorrow night.

Are you able to watch at work? You seem to motor through these..

Are you able to watch at work? You seem to motor through these..

Yeah. I get paid for what I know, not what I do. :lol: Midnights, weekends... if there's nothing going on, I can TV watch all shift.

Yeah. I get paid for what I know, not what I do. :lol: Midnights, weekends... if there's nothing going on, I can TV watch all shift.

Nice, I was wondering how you were getting through them that quick. I used to be a systerms admin and worked midnights, had about 1hrs worth of work and 7 hrs worth of baby sitting, it was great, and that was before things like netflix and bittorrents made it easy to get content

Yeah, I would certainly agree that was probably the weakest season of the series. Although as CTM said, it's impressive how you're tearing through that show. I thought I was doing well considering I'm averaging like 1 season per week of BSG, but you're putting me to shame.

I'd be surprised if you're not strongly rooting for his a violent death by the next seaso

Haha, I guess that answers the question of whether it's going to get any worse. I think they make it even worse by every now and then pretending like he's going to act as if he had a pair of testicles, and then immediately pulling a complete 180 and making him an even bigger bitch. It's so bad that there's times it makes me even think less of the old man. I couldn't help but shake my head in disgust when I got to see him randomly get a promotion despite being out of action, and then get another one like 10 seconds later, which I'm guessing is going to play mightily into your anticipation of my upcoming death wishes. He still hasn't gotten to quite that point for me and has a long way to go before catching up to my most hated TV character of all time (that award belongs to Charlotte from Lost. Man did I cheer when that bitch finally ate it.)

As the episode continues, as big of a bitch as Lee has been... I don't think there's anything he can EVER do to top this epic level of bitchiness that Helo pulled. Wow, what a giant load of horse crap. The whole "no investigation" thing also just shows how as great as this show can be, when the writing gets bad, it is AWWWWWFUL. They decide they want to do something sometimes and put absolutely zero effort into having it make the slightest bit of sense whatsoever. Just like the writing surrounding the election at the end of season two, which was almost unwatchable.

Finished up The Wire. I was concerned that season five was picking up where season four left off, and I was none too happy about it. But in the end, I think they did a very nice job of tying everything together in a the more things change kinda way.

Looking for my next series to delve into. I downloaded the Lost box set, and I have to say I'm a little apprehensive about getting started on that. My son had a Dane Cook standup on last night, and he said Lost was his favorite show. I'm not sure that's a positive endorsement. :lol:

I've got a year of Lucky Louie and some movies to get me thru short term. I'm open to ideas.

I'll just say this, I was a huge lost fan, especially at the beginning, and it's worth watching for the first two seasons alone, but that show definitely did have some low points as it went on. Not to say it was by any means all bad after that or anything, there were plenty of really good parts, but also so stupid sh*t and annoying things going on here and there. Basically the writers even admitted that because of the popularity, the series had to be drawn out to be much longer than it was ever intended to be, and since they already had an ending point they knew they were going to land at, that meant filling in the middle with a lot of sh*t to keep it going. Again, not that it was all bad, but there were some moments that left you shaking your head. But once you get into it, that won't stop you anyway, it was one of those things that you were so hooked at the beginning that you just needed to watch the entire series because you just had to know wtf happened.

3 episodes of BSG left.... then I'll be switching to Firefly, and also want to start in on Always Sunny, Workaholics and The Prisoner (from the 1960's) then the new version on AMC.

Gotta be honest, I love not having cable.

So in the midst of season 3 I've not only managed to be, once again, shocked at the level of vagination Lee Adama has shown, I'm always currently halfway through this whole "disease" episode, having known exactly where they were taking it from about 1 minute in and just being annoyed by how awful this is. I just don't understand how this show can be so good 95% of the time, then suddenly shift to having some episodes that are so horribly written that it's nearly unwatchable. I mean seriously, what is that crap?

So in the midst of season 3 I've not only managed to be, once again, shocked at the level of vagination Lee Adama has shown, I'm always currently halfway through this whole "disease" episode, having known exactly where they were taking it from about 1 minute in and just being annoyed by how awful this is. I just don't understand how this show can be so good 95% of the time, then suddenly shift to having some episodes that are so horribly written that it's nearly unwatchable. I mean seriously, what is that crap?

Power through the weak writing in the middle episodes... it rebounds for the most part.

Power through the weak writing in the middle episodes... it rebounds for the most part.

Oh, I'm not quitting now, and I don't doubt that. Season two had a similar problem (that Scar episode was horrendous), it just really baffles me is all. Because if nothing else, it's really like night and day between the good episodes and the bad ones. Maybe it's the expectation level that is too high, but I just feel like when it gets bad, it's reallllly bad. I just can't understand how the difference is that extreme.

Oh, I'm not quitting now, and I don't doubt that. Season two had a similar problem (that Scar episode was horrendous), it just really baffles me is all. Because if nothing else, it's really like night and day between the good episodes and the bad ones. Maybe it's the expectation level that is too high, but I just feel like when it gets bad, it's reallllly bad. I just can't understand how the difference is that extreme.

Yes. I couldn't agree more. However, I think single-episode side-stories like that are a necessary evil when trying to extend the show to more episodes than the amount needed to tell the primary story. I considered those episodes a responsible step in making sure this series didn't go awry the way Lost did. I felt like they plugged in episodes like those so that they could distance themselves from the project, assess the whole story arc and make sure the they bring everything full-circle... unlike Lost which crashed into its own ending and left a lot of people pissed off. Not everyone, but a lot.

3 episodes of BSG left.... then I'll be switching to Firefly, and also want to start in on Always Sunny, Workaholics and The Prisoner (from the 1960's) then the new version on AMC.

Gotta be honest, I love not having cable.

What are you using to watch TV now? Your computer? A gaming console?

I have a PS3, and I'm thinking about maybe getting a Boxee for a second TV.

What are you using to watch TV now? Your computer? A gaming console?

I have a PS3, and I'm thinking about maybe getting a Boxee for a second TV.

PS3

Been straight Netflix, and added Hulu Plus this weekend. Hulu is kinda meh so far... but Netflix is pretty much all we need.

PS3

Been straight Netflix, and added Hulu Plus this weekend. Hulu is kinda meh so far... but Netflix is pretty much all we need.

I like the idea of getting some of the internet content - like the Comedy Central stuff. My kids use Hulu, too. Have you tried Vudu for movies yet? I'm reading good things about it, and it does run thru the PS3. I'm thinking about trying it out. Sounds like a premium service for something of a premium price.

I just started Netflix over the weekend, and I have this feeling I'm going to start to run out of material there.

I like the idea of getting some of the internet content - like the Comedy Central stuff. My kids use Hulu, too. Have you tried Vudu for movies yet? I'm reading good things about it, and it does run thru the PS3. I'm thinking about trying it out. Sounds like a premium service for something of a premium price.

I just started Netflix over the weekend, and I have this feeling I'm going to start to run out of material there.

Netflix is shallow on movies, unless you like really old B movies... hahah... there's lots of 60's and 70's era sci-fi / monster movies for some reason. However, if you lock into a TV show and watch it from start to finish like we have with BSG, its more than sufficient.

Hulu doesn't allow you to go back to the start of a lot of the series I'm interested in, nor does it have the HBO shows... not sure its any better than Netflix tbh.

Yes. I couldn't agree more. However, I think single-episode side-stories like that are a necessary evil when trying to extend the show to more episodes than the amount needed to tell the primary story. I considered those episodes a responsible step in making sure this series didn't go awry the way Lost did. I felt like they plugged in episodes like those so that they could distance themselves from the project, assess the whole story arc and make sure the they bring everything full-circle... unlike Lost which crashed into its own ending and left a lot of people pissed off. Not everyone, but a lot.

I watched the Lost two-part pilot last night, and I really don't feel compelled to keep watching. Maybe I just got in too late. I'm avoiding 24 for that reason. I have a feeling I'd be seeing to clearly thru the hype. I might give it a couple more episodes out of boredom at work and see if it picks up for me.

My son wants me to watch the new Dr. Who reboot. He was right about the Sherlock reboot so I might give that a try next. Also thinking about rewatching Rome and Deadwood.

I watched the Lost two-part pilot last night, and I really don't feel compelled to keep watching. Maybe I just got in too late. I'm avoiding 24 for that reason. I have a feeling I'd be seeing to clearly thru the hype. I might give it a couple more episodes out of boredom at work and see if it picks up for me.

My son wants me to watch the new Dr. Who reboot. He was right about the Sherlock reboot so I might give that a try next. Also thinking about rewatching Rome and Deadwood.

I can't really speak on Lost, because I definitely fell into and got hooked, but I would definitely say you're on the right track with 24. The first season I thought was pretty good. Every season after that was just a repeat of the same exact story OVER AND OVER again, it was beyond annoying. From the first episode you knew exactly who was going to live and die, who was going to be the bad guy that wasn't really all bad, who was going to be the good guy that turned out to be a traitor, and what hole Jack was going to be sticking it in this time. The twists stopped being twists once they were repeated 50 frakin times. That said, by the time I realized that it was too late and I found myself watching every episode of the damn series. I would strongly recommend you save yourself the trouble on that one.

Quick question, anyone have any particular suggestions on where to grab the BSG TV movies online? I'm almost at the end of season 3, and I know the first one takes place between seasons 3 and 4, but the movies aren't available on Netflix instant watch, and I have no desire to wait around for the DVDs to show up.

Quick question, anyone have any particular suggestions on where to grab the BSG TV movies online? I'm almost at the end of season 3, and I know the first one takes place between seasons 3 and 4, but the movies aren't available on Netflix instant watch, and I have no desire to wait around for the DVDs to show up.

I watched Razor on Netflix just about a week or so ago. What other movies are there?

I watched Razor on Netflix just about a week or so ago. What other movies are there?

Really? When I was on there before the only option that came up was to get it on DVD, I'll have to take another look at that. There was Razor, which was between seasons 3 and 4, and The Plan, which was after season 4.

Oh, looking at it now I see Razor was included right there as part of the BSG TV series group on Netflix, which is pretty cool. They had a separate DVD available for it too, which is what I was looking at and what threw me off. Looks like the only way to get The Plan is on DVD though.

Watched a few more episodes of Lost last night - mostly because I forgot my portable hard drive with all my video on it. Haha. Now I'll probably wind up watching the first season at least.

Anyway, the fat guy with the long hair is exactly how I picture Crusher and JiF's lovechild to look like.

That's all I've got so far.

Archived