Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

So why track him?

Because if he was hitting hard on scum, they'd silence him. I'd know who he investigated, and I THOUGHT it'd vett me in the process on the next day if Vic confirmed I was right

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why track him?

This is also another valid question.

Why would you track the claimed cop instead of looking for scum. Moreover, his motivation doesn't make sense. If Vicious was silenced, AVM would only be able to see WHO he investigated, not any sort of result. By the time Vicious is unsilenced, he could just share the results himself, thus making AVM's track useless for that purpose.

Seems too much like he wants to not clear people.

Some of us waited as long as we did to vote Smash, in order to see who pushed and in what direction... look at the cases I've presented since the Slats/Smash trains. If you look at how I posted during that time, I said what I was going to do, but waited to do it until most of my FOS list chimed in...

Edit: I just have a very hard time believing that scum didn't have the sense to get at least one of their players in as one of the first 4 votes on Smash. Leaving you and CTM, since Slats and Vic are dead, town. I can totally buy at least one scum at the tail of the Smash train too, but not multiple.

If CTM is town, I'd wager you and AVM scum. Then like I said, back to the drawing board if there is a 5th...Brett, Jack... Sharrow? Not sure.

I disagree with the assumptions you've based your cases on. But obviously it's easy for me to see the problem because I know I'm town and I believe CTM is as well.

Because if he was hitting hard on scum, they'd silence him. I'd know who he investigated, and I THOUGHT it'd vett me in the process on the next day if Vic confirmed I was right

So you missed the part where we all kind of agreed there was no way scum would leave Vic alive and silence him, because he'd still be able to talk in night phase?

Unvote CTM

1) You thought that was better than tracking someone who could be scum?

2) If your intention was to clear yourself, why did you wait until Vicious shared his result before you said something? By waiting, doesn't that completely invalidate your motivation for tracking Vicious?

I disagree with the assumptions you've based your cases on. But obviously it's easy for me to see the problem because I know I'm town and I believe CTM is as well.

Yep. You taking a hard stance in favor of CTM here doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy about you. Its like you KNOW he's town... while the rest of us are scratching our heads.

This is also another valid question.

Why would you track the claimed cop instead of looking for scum. Moreover, his motivation doesn't make sense. If Vicious was silenced, AVM would only be able to see WHO he investigated, not any sort of result. By the time Vicious is unsilenced, he could just share the results himself, thus making AVM's track useless for that purpose.

Seems too much like he wants to not clear people.

Was going to make this point myself. Tracking Vic isn't very useful, imo.

2) If your intention was to clear yourself, why did you wait until Vicious shared his result before you said something? By waiting, doesn't that completely invalidate your motivation for tracking Vicious?

THIS THIS THIS.

It's tracking. How does that 100% prove anyone is scum or not? I have to get lucky and hit the one player left submitting a NK to know for sure, that's it. I guaranteed I'd get an answer and have SOME information. It's guaranteed information vs. uncertainty. I'd do the same thing again.

Was going to make this point myself. Tracking Vic isn't very useful, imo.

Probably wanted to know if he investigated one of them, maybe for whether or not smash should claim doc?

Yep. You taking a hard stance in favor of CTM here doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy about you. Its like you KNOW he's town... while the rest of us are scratching our heads.

Lol I don't care if you're warm and fuzzy. Your argument ignores the possibility that scum wanted to first push in Slats' direction to see if he could get lynched before jumping over to Smash.

I don't know for sure that CTM is town, but I feel much better about him than AVM, whom I've been suspicious of pretty much all game and has ridiculously convenient "results."

Anyone considering a scenario in which CTM and AVM are both scum?

CTM is GF, plus 1-time bulletproof.

AVM is actually a watcher - he watched Vic visit CTM.

Knowing Vic visited the GF, AVM makes this play - and comes away either vetting himself as a "town tracker" OR CTM comes away as "bulletproof townie"

Win-win... just like the plan A, plan B they had with Smash/Slats.

It's tracking. How does that 100% prove anyone is scum or not? I have to get lucky and hit the one player left submitting a NK to know for sure, that's it. I guaranteed I'd get an answer and have SOME information. It's guaranteed information vs. uncertainty. I'd do the same thing again.

Answer the question, my friend. What you did unequivocally gained the town Jack sh*t for one night. I have seen you play and know that you think things through, especially when it comes down to night actions. It's a much simpler and logical explanation that you put in a filler investigation because you're scum than to think you did those investigations because you had a townie mind-set.

Tracking very much has usefulness. We've seen it in many games here. HELL, you are claiming to have found CTM this very game.

Tracking isn't just for finding the person submitting kills. If scum fake claims and you have a track on them, you can see if their stories match up. If you track a town power role you can fact check their story. It has many uses.

Lol I don't care if you're warm and fuzzy. Your argument ignores the possibility that scum wanted to first push in Slats' direction to see if he could get lynched before jumping over to Smash.

I don't know for sure that CTM is town, but I feel much better about him than AVM, whom I've been suspicious of pretty much all game and has ridiculously convenient "results."

No it doesn't actually - when I've talked about Jack being scummy, I said Smash, him and JIF could have all been on the Slats train. 2 of them stayed and Jack jumped over for a last minute bus by voting Smash. Which imo means at least one scum was already on Smash bussing early... I've stated this multiple times.

I have CTM as human. I think we lynch AVM here and sort the bodies out later.

Dan- I wanted to see if I implicated CTM that if any of you guys would adamantly defend him. You were skeptical and wavering and that's fine.

Ah, I get it. I think scum would have known you didn't have a guilty anyway, but I can see what you were thinking.

Answer the question, my friend. What you did unequivocally gained the town Jack sh*t for one night. I have seen you play and know that you think things through, especially when it comes down to night actions. It's a much simpler and logical explanation that you put in a filler investigation because you're scum than to think you did those investigations because you had a townie mind-set.

Tracking very much has usefulness. We've seen it in many games here. HELL, you are claiming to have found CTM this very game.

Tracking isn't just for finding the person submitting kills. If scum fake claims and you have a track on them, you can see if their stories match up. If you track a town power role you can fact check their story. It has many uses.

Too bad I didn't do that...

Truth. However, AVM did spend most of his investigation in the Police Academy game wasting them on repeat investigations didn't he? I can't remember that well, but bad investigation choices with the goal of vetting himself, versus scum hunting is something I think he's done before no? Or was he scum that game... that is way out of my memory... ugh

Knowing Vic visited the GF, AVM makes this play - and comes away either vetting himself as a "town tracker" OR CTM comes away as "bulletproof townie"

sigh.. see this makes me think you're scum again. Now that the tide is turning a bit, you're trying to push both of us as scum in case avm gets lynched

That doesn't make any sense. If they knew Vic investigated the Godfather, why wouldn't they let it play out, let CTM go after AVM today and vet himself even further? I think I'm just going to stop reading your posts.

Truth. However, AVM did spend most of his investigation in the Police Academy game wasting them on repeat investigations didn't he? I can't remember that well, but bad investigation choices with the goal of vetting himself, versus scum hunting is something I think he's done before no? Or was he scum that game... that is way out of my memory... ugh

keep pushing avm as town goon

Ah, I get it. I think scum would have known you didn't have a guilty anyway, but I can see what you were thinking.

The reason I don't have an issue with you is because you are focusing on AVM's side of things and focusing on his guilt rather than AVM's innocence. I felt scum would've latched onto my nudging CTM as scum and been like OMFG COP SAYS SO!

I do think AVM is lying.

</3

I got town readings every night, including investigating Sharrow twice by accident. That was more because I felt I was a nieve cop, which I was once I finally investigated Dan :P

That doesn't make any sense. If they knew Vic investigated the Godfather, why wouldn't they let it play out, let CTM go after AVM today and vet himself even further? I think I'm just going to stop reading your posts.

I'm asking if it makes sense... I'm on like 3 hours of sleep and giving what I can to the game, if its coming out as rambling, I apologize.

When I play this game tired, this is what seems to always happen...

i just realized you are talking abotu the game where most of us where naive cops.. wow

No it doesn't actually - when I've talked about Jack being scummy, I said Smash, him and JIF could have all been on the Slats train. 2 of them stayed and Jack jumped over for a last minute bus by voting Smash. Which imo means at least one scum was already on Smash bussing early... I've stated this multiple times.

And what I'm saying is it should not mean one scum had to already be on Smash. Why, if lynching Slats was their very strong first choice, and a decent possibility at the time? I think they may have been hoping to pull through with a couple of wrong townie votes.

But again, I'm saying this knowing that I'm town and that you're trying to paint it as I must be scum if CTM is town.

Then how'd he supposedly see me visit vic? something doesn't make sense.. smash died yesterday

Smash died yesterday.

AVM says he tracked you last night. Vic died last night.

Vic had one more investigation last night. New day starts, Vic is dead - but can still share his results. Vic also visited you apparently.

And what I'm saying is it should not mean one scum had to already be on Smash. Why, if lynching Slats was their very strong first choice, and a decent possibility at the time? I think they may have been hoping to pull through with a couple of wrong townie votes.

But again, I'm saying this knowing that I'm town and that you're trying to paint it as I must be scum if CTM is town.

Okay, I see your point - I guess its just not how I would have played it as scum.

2+ scum voting Slats, none on Smash early? Any scum that were on Smash's train got there late... If they did that, its pretty ballsy/dumb.

Archived