Buffets should be outlawed

CTM

Haven't been to one in 20 years before tonight and after will never go back. Seems to bring out the worst in people , between the gluttony and gross over consumption... To the waste... To the anonymity it affords to be cheap to your waitress (people to the left snuck out with no tip... People to the right left 80 cents) ... I'm convinced it's evil

and the foods cheap and nasty too, even on lobster night which lured me in.. Across from me sits the female crusher whose on lobster #6 now... Lol

Totally agree with you bro.

Worst buffet experience I ever had, I went to a Chinese buffet in Savannah, GA... they had snow crab legs so it was like $18 per person. Table next to us had about 11 people eating their faces off, and then refused to pay for more than one person. They got all crazy up in the faces of the little old Chinese people that owned the place... because you know, its really gangsta to steal food at a buffet... Cops ended up coming... half the people left... it was a nightmare and all I could picture was this happening to this old Chinese couple nightly. Losing their a$$, because the Walmart gangsta criminal generation of our country things doing stupid things like that makes them "hard".

I ended up leaving an extra $30 on top of our meal and tip, just to be generous. Its all I had on me... and I didn't see it as me paying for the scumbags to eat, so much as me paying towards the old couple's rent.

But yeah, buffets do bring out the worst in people... but I will say, most people don't need to much incentive to have the worst come out.

and the foods cheap and nasty too, even on lobster night which lured me in.. Across from me sits the female crusher whose on lobster #6 now... Lol

I could eat 6 lobstas. Probably 10 or 12 if I bring my A game.

Theres no meat on them unless youre talking 3 pounders and up.. Theyre basically big crawdads.

Theres no meat on them unless youre talking 3 pounders and up.. Theyre basically big crawdads.

Yeah, there isn't much meat at all... when I'm in Maine I usually get two 1.5 pounders... soft-shell... super sweet and tender meat... I don't buy the big ones, the meat is tougher.

Wash 'em down with littlenecks on the grill, ice cold beer... and Long Island sweet corn. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

Yeah, there isn't much meat at all... when I'm in Maine I usually get two 1.5 pounders... soft-shell... super sweet and tender meat... I don't buy the big ones, the meat is tougher.

Wash 'em down with littlenecks on the grill, ice cold beer... and Long Island sweet corn. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

It doesnt get any better than Lobsta, clams, corn and beer.

Theres a place called "Browns" in Salisbury, Mass just south of Hampton Beach, NH.

Best seafood in NE IMO.

It doesnt get any better than Lobsta, clams, corn and beer.

Theres a place called "Browns" in Salisbury, Mass just south of Hampton Beach, NH.

Best seafood in NE IMO.

... and no better sweet corn than that from Long Island. I usually have my parents bring up a ton, they still live there. I live in Boston. We have a lake house in Maine.

As for Browns... I've heard of it, but haven't checked it out yet. If I head up that far, I usually just complete the trip and go all the way up to Maine. Will put it on the list of places to try out though, for sure.

... and no better sweet corn than that from Long Island. I usually have my parents bring up a ton, they still live there. I live in Boston. We have a lake house in Maine.

As for Browns... I've heard of it, but haven't checked it out yet. If I head up that far, I usually just complete the trip and go all the way up to Maine. Will put it on the list of places to try out though, for sure.

I didnt know they grew corn on LI. Where in ME is he lake house at?

Browns aint fancy. You used to be able to bring youre own beer in.

Restaurants bring out the worst in people period. The sense of entitlement that some people walk around with because they're dropping a couple bucks inside of one is insane. In all my years of working in them, I have seen people completely throw their integrity straight down the crapper for something so simple as a free scoop of ice cream, or a free piece or two of calamari.

A few months ago in mine, we had a woman who was with a party of 15 or so people. She got completely drunk, tried stealing a stack of about 15 linen napkins and a stack of silverware, then deny she had any of the wine, THEN throw a fit when our manager busted her for stealing the stuff, which she eventually admitted to. The other people at the table were mortified. To make things worse, she wound up calling my manager's boss and complaining, lying about the incident, and getting coupons as an apology. The bitch still comes in a couple times a month.

I didnt know they grew corn on LI. Where in ME is he lake house at?

Browns aint fancy. You used to be able to bring youre own beer in.

Long Island used to be all farmland and fishermen, they grow the best corn I've ever had down there. Now most of the Island is overrun with paycheck-to-paycheck living pseudo "rich people" that have ZERO interest in the heritage and history of the island, they just live there so they can say they live there. Meh... makes me sick.

The lake house is right in the Sebago Lake region. Been vacationing up there for over 20 years... its my favorite place on Earth tbh. Don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without the lake every summer.

And seafood places shouldn't be fancy... that is why Legal Seafoods = ZZzZzzzzzzz...

Totally agree with you bro.

Worst buffet experience I ever had, I went to a Chinese buffet in Savannah, GA... they had snow crab legs so it was like $18 per person. Table next to us had about 11 people eating their faces off, and then refused to pay for more than one person. They got all crazy up in the faces of the little old Chinese people that owned the place... because you know, its really gangsta to steal food at a buffet... Cops ended up coming... half the people left... it was a nightmare and all I could picture was this happening to this old Chinese couple nightly. Losing their a$$, because the Walmart gangsta criminal generation of our country things doing stupid things like that makes them "hard".

I ended up leaving an extra $30 on top of our meal and tip, just to be generous. Its all I had on me... and I didn't see it as me paying for the scumbags to eat, so much as me paying towards the old couple's rent.

But yeah, buffets do bring out the worst in people... but I will say, most people don't need to much incentive to have the worst come out.

yeah, i left a big tip too and then asked the lady if the pocket change on the table next to me was typical and she said mostly. Really don't get it, cause the women was working more tables then a typical waitress would.. and was bussing the stacks of dirties away by her self as well. Again though, I think it's a lot easier to stiff the waitress when you can sneak away without them seeing.

Yeah,i know the actual meat wasn't that uch. Just thought it was funny seeing a women house 6 of them. When I left she was eating something different, so she wasn't done.

Restaurants bring out the worst in people period. The sense of entitlement that some people walk around with because they're dropping a couple bucks inside of one is insane. In all my years of working in them, I have seen people completely throw their integrity straight down the crapper for something so simple as a free scoop of ice cream, or a free piece or two of calamari.

A few months ago in mine, we had a woman who was with a party of 15 or so people. She got completely drunk, tried stealing a stack of about 15 linen napkins and a stack of silverware, then deny she had any of the wine, THEN throw a fit when our manager busted her for stealing the stuff, which she eventually admitted to. The other people at the table were mortified. To make things worse, she wound up calling my manager's boss and complaining, lying about the incident, and getting coupons as an apology. The bitch still comes in a couple times a month.

heh.. while I don't doubt you, I can tell you I've never seen anything like I witnessed last night. If the floor of the NYSE is pure unadulterated capitalism, the floor of a buffet is pure unadulterated gluttony.. I counted atleast 5 people that seemed to be in physical pain on there way back for more food, holding their stomachs, sweating.. it was crazy

and the food combinations were hilarity.. 1 plater, 2 slices of cafetria grade pepperoni pizza + a lobster.. bad pep pizza and lobster? Anotehr had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, with a lobster

Long Island used to be all farmland and fishermen, they grow the best corn I've ever had down there. Now most of the Island is overrun with paycheck-to-paycheck living pseudo "rich people" that have ZERO interest in the heritage and history of the island, they just live there so they can say they live there. Meh... makes me sick.

The fisherman and farmers are who made his country great to begin with.

Yeah, I know the wannabe deep pocket type. Doosh nozzles

The lake house is right in the Sebago Lake region. Been vacationing up there for over 20 years... its my favorite place on Earth tbh. Don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without the lake every summer.

I used to go to Sebago every summer.

heh.. while I don't doubt you, I can tell you I've never seen anything like I witnessed last night. If the floor of the NYSE is pure unadulterated capitalism, the floor of a buffet is pure unadulterated gluttony.. I counted atleast 5 people that seemed to be in physical pain on there way back for more food, holding their stomachs, sweating.. it was crazy

and the food combinations were hilarity.. 1 plater, 2 slices of cafetria grade pepperoni pizza + a lobster.. bad pep pizza and lobster? Anotehr had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, with a lobster

Yeah, I finally gave in to the wife and kids and went to a chinese buffet two weeks ago. The couple next to our table was absolutely enormous. And the waitstaff was thin, even skinny--each of them. I think its a money over sense issue. I've paid for all-i-can eat so I'm gonna eat all I can. Whereas the waitstaff likely ate what they liked and stopped when they were full. I'm always a bit embarassed to return to a buffet more than once or twice--even at a wedding--but some just keep going. It gets a little gross after a while. My rules when it comes to dining out are generally: pick a type of restaurant, nice location, quiet atmosphere and never eat on the sidewalk where people can walk past gawking at you and cars can blow exhaust onto your plate while pigeons eat your scraps off the sidewalk.

I was at an all you can eat pizza buffet called Pizza Inn one time in Beaumont, Texas. I was there for a summer building apartments near Baylor college.

Unbelievable, people were grabbing whole pizzas, metal plate and all and bringing them back to their tables. If you werent near where they brought out the pizzas, you werent getting anything but crumbs or a slice of stray peperoni. They were like Piranha. Then, suddenly, it was over and people left. At every table there were huge plates of pizza crust. It looked like locusts had come through that place.

If I worked at a restaurant that offered all you can eat buffet, id lace all the food with so much laxative these cheap hungry bastards would sh*t for days... :o

You probably would love jail.

All the free gay secks you can handle.

I was at an all you can eat pizza buffet called Pizza Inn one time in Beaumont, Texas. I was there for a summer building apartments near Baylor college.

Unbelievable, people were grabbing whole pizzas, metal plate and all and bringing them back to their tables. If you werent near where they brought out the pizzas, you werent getting anything but crumbs or a slice of stray peperoni.

They were like Piranha. Then, suddenly, it was over and people left. At every table there were huge plates of pizza crust. It looked like locusts had come through that place.

Lol... Funny stuff

Yeah, I finally gave in to the wife and kids and went to a chinese buffet two weeks ago. The couple next to our table was absolutely enormous. And the waitstaff was thin, even skinny--each of them. I think its a money over sense issue. I've paid for all-i-can eat so I'm gonna eat all I can. Whereas the waitstaff likely ate what they liked and stopped when they were full. I'm always a bit embarassed to return to a buffet more than once or twice--even at a

wedding--but some just keep going. It gets a little gross after a while. My rules when it comes to dining out are generally: pick a type of restaurant, nice location, quiet atmosphere and never eat on the sidewalk where people can walk past gawking at you and cars can blow exhaust onto your plate while pigeons eat your scraps off the

sidewalk.

I hear you.. The women waitress last night was thin.. And sweating like crazy.. She must of had 12 tables and was responsible drinks and clearing/cleaning

felt bad for her, all the people stiffing her

Oh I know it well. We do family style at mine and it's all you can eat, I've seen some pretty fat ****s just leave their dignity at the door. I feel like a total enabler to boot serving them.

Archived