Jets first to contact Santonio

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats interesting since others are making the arguement he gets game winning TDs all year long ? How many exactly since he only scored 6 for us all last year and ALL the big plays in the playoffs were turned in by Braylon Edwards.

Which big play did BE make in the game winning drives against the Lions, and Browns? You forget there are sometimes when Tone did and sometimes BE did it, don't minimize one just to prove your point that is wrong.

I know you dont understand the words "all around" just keep going with the hype my friend. My bad on the stats Santonio had one better year the rest are about the same but keep in mind Moore is a slot guy on a team stacked with WR's, 4 damn good ones to be exact, and he still had good numbers. Colston, Henderson, Meacham, Moore . Santonio was on the field as a so called #1 and he put up how many yards and TD's last year ?? 746 in 12 games ? yeah break the god damn bank on him

Lance Moore isn't better than Holmes in any way.

I know you dont understand the words "all around" just keep going with the hype my friend. My bad on the stats Santonio had one better year the rest are about the same but keep in mind Moore is a slot guy on a team stacked with WR's, 4 damn good ones to be exact, and he still had good numbers. Colston, Henderson, Meacham, Moore . Santonio was on the field as a so called #1 and he put up how many yards and TD's last year ?? 746 in 12 games ? yeah break the god damn bank on him

I'm not going to argue with you, we know how hard headed you are. I actually really like Lance Moore and think he'd do well here, but saying Lance Moore is the better all around WR is by far the most moronic thing I've ever heard on a Football message board in a long time.

I'm not going to argue with you, we know how hard headed you are. I actually really like Lance Moore and think he'd do well here, but saying Lance Moore is the better all around WR is by far the most moronic thing I've ever heard on a Football message board in a long time.

once again you know nothing of "all around" and its far from moronic. What is moronic is a team paying Santonio Holmes top WR cash PERIOD !!! I think Moore fits outr scheme better and thats where Ill leave it.

If Santonio signs with this team Ill root for him to put up 1500 and 15 TDS, I know thats not happening but thats what I consider Elite Not the crap this guy puts up.

Lance Moore isn't better than Holmes in any way.

Hummmm who put up more TD's last year ? Whos a much better blocker ? Whos better and fearless over the middle. Once you get over the freakin numbers (of which santonios are not all that good they arre Mid range at best) then maybe you can evaluate players.

Hummmm who put up more TD's last year ? Whos a much better blocker ? Whos better and fearless over the middle. Once you get over the freakin numbers (of which santonios are not all that good they arre Mid range at best) then maybe you can evaluate players.

lol

It's not cheating because it's your dog. Get it?

Sorry RJF Im just not a Santonio fan and it really gets to me when this guy is refered to as a top WR when hes not even remotely close. This guys best year is matched by mid ranged WR's 1200 yards and 8 TD's . I made a mistake comparing a slot reciever in a system with 4 damn good WR's that spread the ball to all of them aganist a guy who is a main target and that alone should say something. I think if A player like Lance Moore comes to the Jets and plays slot with Braylon and Cotch at WR he puts up much better consistent numbers than Santonio and gets more TD's.

Sorry RJF Im just not a Santonio fan and it really gets to me when this guy is refered to as a top WR when hes not even remotely close. This guys best year is matched by mid ranged WR's 1200 yards and 8 TD's . I made a mistake comparing a slot reciever in a system with 4 damn good WR's that spread the ball to all of them aganist a guy who is a main target and that alone should say something. I think if A player like Lance Moore comes to the Jets and plays slot with Braylon and Cotch at WR he puts up much better consistent numbers than Santonio and gets more TD's.

Every football analyst and GM will tell you Holmes is the best FA WR available they must all be wrong lol

Every football analyst and GM will tell you Holmes is the best FA WR available they must all be wrong lol

I actually am quite a Santonio fan, but do think he's become a bit overrated these days, based mostly on his admittedly impressive performance in the Super Bowl. If not for an injury I don't see how anyone who possibly consider Holmes to be a better option in FA at WR than Rice. I'd still like nothing more than to see both Holmes and Edwards resigned though.

I actually am quite a Santonio fan, but do think he's become a bit overrated these days, based mostly on his admittedly impressive performance in the Super Bowl. If not for an injury I don't see how anyone who possibly consider Holmes to be a better option in FA at WR than Rice. I'd still like nothing more than to see both Holmes and Edwards resigned though.

I agree, but that bold is the key.

I agree, but that bold is the key.

Absolutely, which is the one thing that makes Rice a risk and keeps him from being the top FA on the market (Asomugha included), but a risk that could potentially work out huge for the team that's willing to take that risk. It's not so often that a WR that talented and young becomes available.

BG I can actully deal with this. And no hes not better than Rice. My feeling is if we can get a very good slot receiver for less money than Santonio wants we could use that money elsewhere.

I ask again what does everyone think A fair salary for Santonio is ?

And Lupz 27 its also rumored the Jets are going to make an Offer to ASO so where does that leave Santonio

I dont give a damn what football analysts have to say they watch the same damn game I do most of them are idiots who read a script and have their producer piping in information.

And the Jets offered him a contract your rantings did not reach Mr. T and Rex sorry buddy

Oh I get it ...Rex and Tanny offered Santonio a contract so that gets it done in your mind right ? Got any numbers ?? What exactly did they offer ? IMO they should offer Santonio what they offer Braylon since their numbers are very compareable and will see how much this bitch wants to play in NY

Oh I get it ...Rex and Tanny offered Santonio a contract so that gets it done in your mind right ? Got any numbers ?? What exactly did they offer ? IMO they should offer Santonio what they offer Braylon since their numbers are very compareable and will see how much this bitch wants to play in NY

Why so much venom for Holmes? Its clear that Rex and Tanenbaum think VERY highly of him, regardless of your arguments suggesting that they should not. There's a very good chance he'll be here for a while, what with the Redskins already dumping some WR money into Santana Moss.

Doesn't get it done but shows who THEY think is #1 on their list duh.

We get it you don't like Holmes, but unfortunately for u the Jets do.

Just remember how Rex reacted when Tanny asked him if he wanted him last year that's all u need to know.

Like you said before you will root for him regardless, I would start preparing yourself to do that.

Why so much venom for Holmes? Its clear that Rex and Tanenbaum think VERY highly of him, regardless of your arguments suggesting that they should not. There's a very good chance he'll be here for a while, what with the Redskins already dumping some WR money into Santana Moss.

80 Im a Jets fan first, if Santonio signs Ill root for him all day long and I will NEVER want to have to say I told ya so and I WONT I dont play that game. But right now he's a free agent and hes made it clear he will take the high bid. While a guy like Braylon plainly states he wants to be a Jet and will take less to do it. There is going to be a lot of fancy money talk going on the next few days and anything can happen. For all we know the Jets could be looking in totally different directions than any of us think. I just hope its the right one.

Talking directly about Holmes I think hes an amazing talent who under achieves. Im not sure hes the type to put in the work in the classroom he seems to make mistakes and he seems to get slouchy when his number is not called. This is a guy who averages 750 - 900 yards a year yet gets mentioned as a top WR because like someone said hes got a SB MVP and hes been riding that wave for all its worth. maybe Ive gone a bit over board but I really dislike over rated players call it "Larry Brown Syndrome"

Doesn't get it done but shows who THEY think is #1 on their list duh.

We get it you don't like Holmes, but unfortunately for u the Jets do.

Just remember how Rex reacted when Tanny asked him if he wanted him last year that's all u need to know.

Like you said before you will root for him regardless, I would start preparing yourself to do that.

Rex reacted to getting him for a 5th round pick ....dont sugar coat .

We have no idea of any real intentions so lets just see what happens. For what its worth I wanted the Jets to get Santonio for the 5th round pick but then I watched him play and I was far from impressed. Hes a GOOD wr and is very far from the elite in this league. I would much rather have a solid tuff posession guy in their because thats my preference. I like Lance Moore because the guy is tough, hes smart, he blocks, and he is fearless over the middle. These are all qualities I think Santonio lacks. Im looking for consistency here not a big play 2 or 3 times a year. i should not have compared the 2 I should have just stated my preference

BG I can actully deal with this. And no hes not better than Rice. My feeling is if we can get a very good slot receiver for less money than Santonio wants we could use that money elsewhere.

I ask again what does everyone think A fair salary for Santonio is ?

And Lupz 27 its also rumored the Jets are going to make an Offer to ASO so where does that leave Santonio

I'd be pulling a salary number out of my butt. $8M/year? Maybe $9M? I really don't know.

I do know the Jets need a #1 type WR, not a slot receiver. Jets just drafted two slot guys.

Doing everything they can for Sanchez is paramount, and Santonio came here and put up 746 yards in 12 games. That's pretty good for any receiver learning a new system and QB, and a lot for a guy on a smashmouth team like the Jets. Prorated out to 16 games, that would be just under 1000 yards. It wasn't without a couple bumps in the road (his end around stands out), but it definitely included some big time clutch play. I'd expect much more from him next year. If he signs, I think 1200 yards/10 TD's should just about be expected.

That and he's a one year wonder who flourished playing under an outstanding year by Favre.

I'd think Holmes is the better option because he's not a one year wonder despite the injury.

I'd be pulling a salary number out of my butt. $8M/year? Maybe $9M? I really don't know.

I do know the Jets need a #1 type WR, not a slot receiver. Jets just drafted two slot guys.

Doing everything they can for Sanchez is paramount, and Santonio came here and put up 746 yards in 12 games. That's pretty good for any receiver learning a new system and QB, and a lot for a guy on a smashmouth team like the Jets. Prorated out to 16 games, that would be just under 1000 yards. It wasn't without a couple bumps in the road (his end around stands out), but it definitely included some big time clutch play. I'd expect much more from him next year. If he signs, I think 1200 yards/10 TD's should just about be expected.

if he signs for what you just estimated he better do 1200 + 10 + TDs every year of the contract.

Well I was always hoping Braylon would be signed so It would be Him, Cotch, and another . Im all for giving Sanchez as many weapons as possible I would have even liked to see another reciever out of the backfield since LT is a bit beat down hopefully Mcknight can step up big time this year I think were going to need him too . Im afraid if we sign Santonio and not Edwards Santonio will easily be doubled and then what ? Much harder IMO to double Edwards because of his height. When were talking about 2 guys that are similar stat wise Ill take the taller guy everytime

if he signs for what you just estimated he better do 1200 + 10 + TDs every year of the contract.

Well I was always hoping Braylon would be signed so It would be Him, Cotch, and another . Im all for giving Sanchez as many weapons as possible I would have even liked to see another reciever out of the backfield since LT is a bit beat down hopefully Mcknight can step up big time this year I think were going to need him too . Im afraid if we sign Santonio and not Edwards Santonio will easily be doubled and then what ? Much harder IMO to double Edwards because of his height. When were talking about 2 guys that are similar stat wise Ill take the taller guy everytime

You're really much more hung up on stats than I'd expect from you. The Jets aren't an offensive powerhouse by design. For the 5th overall pick in the draft and $50M, Sanchez should be putting up 4500 yards and 30 TD's every year, too - but that's just not who the Jets are. They want a QB/WR tandem that can pull a win out of their asses in the final minutes, and Sanchez/Holmes can be that tandem.

I've been in McKnight's corner since the Jets drafted him. I really hope his role grows this year.

That and he's a one year wonder who flourished playing under an outstanding year by Favre.

I'd think Holmes is the better option because he's not a one year wonder despite the injury.

Holmes IS a one year wonder he had one really good year and thats it (prove me wrong). You do realize that right ?. I do agree about the injury Rice is a gamble ... JIF you also need to take into consideration when it comes to Moore he plays on a team that all the RB's can catch the ball out of the backfield and all 4 receivers are top notch as are the TE's. With a team like the Jets a guy like Moore could stand out much more. Different philosophies I guess I like the steady hard nosed smart player who moves the chains and you like the potential big play guy whos inconsistent and a pussy . :)

In the same number of years played, Santonio Holmes has 95 more receptions for 2425 more yards and four more TDs. He also averages an enormous 4.8 more yards per reception. Holmes has also been healthier, never having missed a significant stretch of games in five years while Moore missed nine games in 2009.

Holmes is better, more explosive, more reliable and more consistent than Lance Moore.

Holmes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moore.

And its not remotely close.

What is funny to me is that you are hyping a guy that has only 4 more TDs in more games than another guy that you consider nothing more than a backup. If Holmes can only manage 4 more TDs even though he's played 9 more games and started all of them than a freaking backup, how good is Holmes really?

Apparently Holmes only scores TDs when the team is tied or losing at the end of a game. Maybe they are tied or losing all the time is because he drops them before then.

You're really much more hung up on stats than I'd expect from you. The Jets aren't an offensive powerhouse by design. For the 5th overall pick in the draft and $50M, Sanchez should be putting up 4500 yards and 30 TD's every year, too - but that's just not who the Jets are. They want a QB/WR tandem that can pull a win out of their asses in the final minutes, and Sanchez/Holmes can be that tandem.

I've been in McKnight's corner since the Jets drafted him. I really hope his role grows this year.

Wait you would think a smashmouth football team would want a homerun hitter rather than a sure handed chain mover ? keyshawn was a chain mover and our offense was awesome back then but as soon as our big WR got traded our offense went into the sh*tter really fast. Ill take the chain mover any day slats trust me Im not about the stats. Only reason I bring up stats is because people are talking about Holmes as some elite reciever when he is in fact not even close. Hes over hyped.

Holmes IS a one year wonder he had one really good year and thats it (prove me wrong). You do realize that right ?. I do agree about the injury Rice is a gamble ... JIF you also need to take into consideration when it comes to Moore he plays on a team that all the RB's can catch the ball out of the backfield and all 4 receivers are top notch as are the TE's. With a team like the Jets a guy like Moore could stand out much more. Different philosophies I guess I like the steady hard nosed smart player who moves the chains and you like the potential big play guy whos inconsistent and a pussy . :)

I'm not going to argue with you Smash because this is the most moronic debate I've ever seen...ever. All I'm imagining is Rex laughing in your face right now and I'd prefer imagining that then being brought into something this moronic which will only make me feel dumber than I already am.

I'm not going to argue with you Smash because this is the most moronic debate I've ever seen...ever. All I'm imagining is Rex laughing in your face right now and I'd prefer imagining that then being brought into something this moronic which will only make me feel dumber than I already am.

JIF your smart a$$ posts dont state the facts they state nothing. The year Mr Santonio had 1200 yards recieving he was ranked 39 in the NFL in TDs .... Mr Big Play ? WTF does this guy do other than one game that put his a$$ on the freakin map. Please JIF tell me something about this guy that makes him so great. Please !!!!!! hes a good WR but hes not a 8, 9 or 10 mil guy not in the least. hes worth about 5-6 mil per year and if we pay him more than that we are IDIOTS. Like I said if we do sign him Ill root for him like a mad man but dont insult me by saying this guy is so great when he obviously is NOT. You dont have to agree with my scenario about Moore or anyone else for that matter just please dont tell me this guy is great OK,

Wait you would think a smashmouth football team would want a homerun hitter rather than a sure handed chain mover ? keyshawn was a chain mover and our offense was awesome back then but as soon as our big WR got traded our offense went into the sh*tter really fast. Ill take the chain mover any day slats trust me Im not about the stats. Only reason I bring up stats is because people are talking about Holmes as some elite reciever when he is in fact not even close. Hes over hyped.

Ideally, they want both - but this team's MO is to keep the score close and low, and either run down the clock at the end or steal the win at the end. In games where they need to steal the win, they need to have a home run threat. Holmes brings that quality. Hopefully, between Cotch, Keller, Tomlinson, Kerley, etc., they have the chain movers.

Archived