*** AFC EAST: Off-season Movement***

Integrity28

Bills agreed to terms with Tyler Thigpen on a three-year contract.

Thigpen is reunited with Chan Gailey, who coached him to a career season back in 2008 with the Chiefs. It's a perfect fit as Thigpen can run some of Gailey's spread offenses and serve as a decent insurance for unproven starter Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Interesting addition... oh wait... no its not.

Jags steal MLB Paul Posluszny from Bills

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and the Florida Times-Union report the Jaguars have agreed to terms with MLB Paul Posluszny on a six-year contract.

The Bills "fought hard" to keep Poz, but he wanted to get back to a 4-3 defense. A now-aggressive Jacksonville front office budgeted for big signings at middle linebacker and safety, and they just reeled in one of their big fish. Posluszny figures to regain IDP stud status if he can stay healthy. Kirk Morrison will have to move to the weak side if he re-signs with the Jags.

One of the better players in Buffalo, and gone... because he's a poor fit for the 3-4. Reminds me of when we got rid of Vilma, and that hole square peg / round hole reasoning.

Interesting addition... oh wait... no its not.

One of the better players in Buffalo, and gone... because he's a poor fit for the 3-4. Reminds me of when we got rid of Vilma, and that hole square peg / round hole reasoning.

I actually kind of liked Thigpen as a player, and actually wanted the Jets to swing a trade for him when our QB situation was Clemens/Ratliff/Ainge. I'd consider him at least a solid backup, and Gailey certainly knew how to get the most out of him in KC.

Losing Poz is definitely a hit to Buffalo, but on the flip side the guy could never stay on the damn field anyway. Honestly, I don't see the Bills being much of a threat in the division regardless of what they do now, as they still have too long to go. I'll be much more interested to see what the Pats do (particularly on defense), and to a much lesser extent the Dolphins (mostly just if they manage to swing a trade for Orton).

Isnt it way too early to decide whos getting better and whos getting worse?

You don't waste any time do you?

Its a thread for discussing additions and subtractions from our division rivals, and what the ramifications could be... you know discussion? Like the rest of the threads on the site? I thought it would be nice to discuss something other than Holmes and Aso.

Pats are going to fire off some big shots at the end of this week. They drafted two RBs, a corner and a pothead QB in the draft. Beli is loading up for something and they need a DE and an OLB to do it. Should be interesting.

There are no big name OLB's or 34 DE's for them to get.

That would not be good. I'm a rare Jets fan, in that I don;t hate the Giants, and I've loved watching Bradshaw play. When healthy, he's got some serious skills running.

I don't hate the Giants either. Bradshaw helped me to two fantasy championships this past year. :)

I actually kind of liked Thigpen as a player, and actually wanted the Jets to swing a trade for him when our QB situation was Clemens/Ratliff/Ainge. I'd consider him at least a solid backup, and Gailey certainly knew how to get the most out of him in KC.

Losing Poz is definitely a hit to Buffalo, but on the flip side the guy could never stay on the damn field anyway. Honestly, I don't see the Bills being much of a threat in the division regardless of what they do now, as they still have too long to go. I'll be much more interested to see what the Pats do (particularly on defense), and to a much lesser extent the Dolphins (mostly just if they manage to swing a trade for Orton).

What are you talking about? Poz only misserd two games last year and four the year before. He played all 16 in 2008. His rookie year he missed 13 games but other than that, he's been fairly healthy, especially for a guy who was one of the few players worth a sh*t on a lousy team.

Dude is a huge addition for Jax.

The Pats are fine at DL with Ty Warren healthy again, and a number of young DEs from the past two years improving significantly (assuming they don't plateau or regress).

The biggest concern for the Patriots has to be LB/pass rush. I'm not sure who is a legitimate option that they wouldn't have to overpay for though. Pass rushers always seem to have some team willing to throw crazy money at them.

Losing Poz is definitely a hit to Buffalo, but on the flip side the guy could never stay on the damn field anyway. Honestly, I don't see the Bills being much of a threat in the division regardless of what they do now, as they still have too long to go..

I agree the Bills just suck but Poz was a really good player and hasn't missed that many games. He had over 150 tackles in 14 last year, I'd take that in a heartbeat. It's a great pickup for Jax.

Archived