Brodney Pool all but gone

F.Chowds

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Good News/Bad News For #Jets secondary. Good: Eric Smith landed deal today. Bad: I've been told Brodney Pool won't be back.

Losing Brodney Pool is significant blow for #Jets. Played well in Jim Leonhard's absence. Showed progress in 1st year of Rex's system. #nyj

Ultimately, #Jets simply afford to keep safety Brodney Pool. He will get a more lucrative deal elsewhere. #nyj

Don't really get it. Pool is not that good, he shouldn't command that much. I like Eric Smith and James Ighedibo but both are downgrades.

We have a lot of money, and for some reason we're not spending it. I'm getting impatient too. Something will happen, just a matter of time.

You figure after the restructures we are looking at $15 mil or more. That's plenty.

You know what else? Highly doubt that Mike T. was unprepared to lose out on Nnamdi. He's gutsy, and a risk taker, but you can sure as hell bet he had not only a plan B but a plan C-Z. We might even see some kind of trade now. Who knows?

I'm hoping Cullen Jenkins is now our next priority, with BE, and either Carr, and or, Buchanon.

Jenkins will dominate in Rex's system think a poor mans Ngata, that would give us a D-line rotation of Jenkins, Wilkerson, Devito, K. Ellis, Dixon, Pitiotua, and Pouha, that makes the DL a big strength not a weakness, no one will be able to run the rock on us and they will open up bigger holes for Rex's blitzes, and then we just cross our fingers, Wilson is not an embarassment at CB 2, and Carr is an excellent slot.

With getting BE back we will be bringing most of our offensive talent back outside of B. Smith, who was a luxury not a WR, so I don't think its that big of a deal, and Sanchez takes the next step in his development, and its another great Jets season.

Just my musings, and opinion of what I would like to see the Jets do now that the big fish broke the line (Im very happy he did by the way).

I'm hoping Cullen Jenkins is now our next priority, with BE, and either Carr, and or, Buchanon.

Jenkins will dominate in Rex's system think a poor mans Ngata, that would give us a D-line rotation of Jenkins, Wilkerson, Devito, K. Ellis, Dixon, Pitiotua, and Pouha, that makes the DL a big strength not a weakness, no one will be able to run the rock on us and they will open up bigger holes for Rex's blitzes, and then we just cross our fingers, Wilson is not an embarassment at CB 2, and Carr is an excellent slot.

With getting BE back we will be bringing most of our offensive talent back outside of B. Smith, who was a luxury not a WR, so I don't think its that big of a deal, and Sanchez takes the next step in his development, and its another great Jets season.

Just my musings, and opinion of what I would like to see the Jets do now that the big fish broke the line (Im very happy he did by the way).

Hope he keep's his bro's number so I don't have to move that Jersey to the retired / traded side of the closet :D I know he was 77 on the pack

pool is a good player, yet somehow the jets survived without him in the past.

exactly Larz-the Jets know what they're doing...they've done a damn good job for us so far-who knows maybe they WANTED the Eagles to take Nnamdi and keep him out of the AFCE-Trust the process boys

exactly Larz-the Jets know what they're doing...they've done a damn good job for us so far-who knows maybe they WANTED the Eagles to take Nnamdi and keep him out of the AFCE-Trust the process boys

Haha! I don't know about that this year. I think they're flying by the seat of their pants right now.

They came into the offseason looking to make a huge splash in their secondary, and instead have lost a couple key guys while most of the better secondary players around the league have been snapped up. I'd've loved a modest pickup at #2 CB (hoping for Wilson's improvement) and an upgrade at safety. I don't think there are any upgrades at safety over Pool anymore - and we just lost him.

With the speed of this year's free agency, there's no time to regroup, either. They need to act.

Haha! I don't know about that this year. I think they're flying by the seat of their pants right now.

They came into the offseason looking to make a huge splash in their secondary, and instead have lost a couple key guys while most of the better secondary players around the league have been snapped up. I'd've loved a modest pickup at #2 CB (hoping for Wilson's improvement) and an upgrade at safety. I don't think there are any upgrades at safety over Pool anymore - and we just lost him.

With the speed of this year's free agency, there's no time to regroup, either. They need to act.

clements, cro, samuels probably all available

patience

clements, cro, samuels probably all available

patience

I'd rather sign Carr + a safety for less, and see what Wilson can do.

Samuels isn't a good fit for the Jets. All three of those guys will be expensive.

Samuels isn't a good fit for the Jets. All three of those guys will be expensive.

it's still only July bro-a lot of guys are going to be shaking loose and everybody knows it-trust in Tanny trust in Rex-trust the process

it's still only July bro-a lot of guys are going to be shaking loose and everybody knows it-trust in Tanny trust in Rex-trust the process

The Jets run complex system on both sides of the ball guys shaking loose in late august is not an option for starters.

Really don't like Samuels for the Jets either. You can't put a safety that takes that many chances on an island. His INT #s will always be impressive. But with little safety help it is hard to take chances at CB.

Archived