Jim Leonard tweets about stuff

Integrity28

They also allegedly can't afford Brodney Pool (after handing Smith a $2.5M/year deal), which is a complete load of sh*t. The Jets better be doing some unreported negotiating for other players or in the process of working out some trades, because this is getting ridiculous. This is the first time in a long time I'm really getting frustrated with the management of this team (and it has nothing to do with the Asomugha deal, but everything around it).

Is the front office not capable of multi-tasking? I get not being able to pull a trigger on anything after you hear from Aso, but it seems like they completely ignored the other CBs and safeties on the market in the process. Look at Houston, they went after Aso, gave him a timeline, then quickly put a deal in on Joseph at the same time. We just got led around and then got left with our dicks in our hands.

The fact that we're not close on anything with anyone else should just tell you that they didn't have plan B ready until plan A failed, which is horrible mismanagement.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visa: Guys, guys we need Braylon

The rest of the board: Well yeah, i'd like to have him back but there's something going on with him. He's either asking for too much money or is having

some sort of legal trouble or problem that is not being disclosed.

Visa: That's stupid, guys. Braylon is better than T.O and Moss.

Rest of the board: Well no sh*t, sherlock. That's not the issue. They have to decide about the money.

Visa: You're all dumbasses. Braylon is better. Tanne SIGN HIM AND CRO ALREADY DAMMIT. Cheapest Price is Best Deal.

Rest of the board: They have to agree on a deal, it's not a one-sided thing.

Visa: Optimas, stop trying to troll my threads you piece of sh*t.

Optimas: I'm just expressing my opinion.

Out of rep, dammit.

Oh, and its my thread that he is trolling... :P

If Jones is looking for starters money, I don't want any part of him. The guy's best year was only mediocre with Aaron f'n Rodgers throwing him the ball. He's proven next to nothing and unless he's willing to be a backup AND get paid like one, it would be moronic to make that move. It would be Justin McCarreins all over again and if they're saying they can't afford Braylon I might lose it if they turn around and sign this guy to a $5M+/year deal or something ridiculous like that.

I agree with you on Jones. I think he's a creation of Aaron Rogers, and that Sanchez just isn't at that level yet. Justa McGuy might be my least favorite Jet of all time. I'd like to think Jones is better than him - whether they sign him or not. As soon as the guy's name was brought up, I was leery, though. He's got stats because of where he's coming from. That's it.

It depends on what they do instead. If the FO takes their head out of their asses and rebounds well from this Aso mess, they'll see there is an opportunity to build for now and the future. Not just a 1-year run.

James Jones from teh Packers, or Steve Smith from the Giants (don't think he has resigned yet) would be excellent additions to this team. Both on emerging talents, while Braylon of last season is pretty much Braylon. I don't expect him to get better than what we saw.

I also think Plaxico or Randy Moss could be the answer at WR for the short term, but I'd rather see a young player brought in to grow with Mark.

Steve Smith is a small possession receiver. I think that's what the Jets drafted Jeremy Kerley to be. Remember, they moved up in the draft to get that kid. I think they're hoping he can contribute as a rookie. Smith's injury also makes him a tough guy to figure out a contract for. I don't think he'd be on my radar.

I'd like a guy like Malcom Floyd - if they could get him at a reasonable price. A big guy who's capable of stretching the field. He'd be a nice Braylon replacement.

Plaxico scares me. Two years away from the game, 34 years old, never a very motivated guy to begin with... I know he was capable, but I wouldn't be interested in him for anything more than an incentive laden vet minimum deal - and I suspect he'll do better elsewhere.

The fact that Randy Moss' price is reported to be too high is also off putting, otherwise I might be willing to give him a shot (and hate every second of it!).

Odd things to tweet about for him, he usually sticks to promoting his organization, one could read between the lines and see this as a passive expression of disapproval on this whole Assholemugha situation.

Nonsense. I read it as him crying out for the elusive approval he never received from his father. Also, symbolic penis.

I agree with you on Jones. I think he's a creation of Aaron Rogers, and that Sanchez just isn't at that level yet. Justa McGuy might be my least favorite Jet of all time. I'd like to think Jones is better than him - whether they sign him or not. As soon as the guy's name was brought up, I was leery, though. He's got stats because of where he's coming from. That's it.

Steve Smith is a small possession receiver. I think that's what the Jets drafted Jeremy Kerley to be. Remember, they moved up in the draft to get that kid. I think they're hoping he can contribute as a rookie. Smith's injury also makes him a tough guy to figure out a contract for. I don't think he'd be on my radar.

I'd like a guy like Malcom Floyd - if they could get him at a reasonable price. A big guy who's capable of stretching the field. He'd be a nice Braylon replacement.

Plaxico scares me. Two years away from the game, 34 years old, never a very motivated guy to begin with... I know he was capable, but I wouldn't be interested in him for anything more than an incentive laden vet minimum deal - and I suspect he'll do better elsewhere.

The fact that Randy Moss' price is reported to be too high is also off putting, otherwise I might be willing to give him a shot (and hate every second of it!).

Malcolm Floyd is an interesting option... he was pretty inconsistent last year though, might be a cost-effective addition though.

Pretty much agree with all of this, and at the right price I think Floyd might be a good option for the reasons you mentioned, which are actually another part of the reasons I want no part of Jones. When you have a QB with accuracy issues, the last thing you need to do is be sporting one of the smallest WR corps in the entire league. The Jets need someone with size both from a standpoint of having a player with those kind of abilities, and giving Sanchez a bigger target.

Pretty much agree with all of this, and at the right price I think Floyd might be a good option for the reasons you mentioned, which are actually another part of the reasons I want no part of Jones. When you have a QB with accuracy issues, the last thing you need to do is be sporting one of the smallest WR corps in the entire league. The Jets need someone with size both from a standpoint of having a player with those kind of abilities, and giving Sanchez a bigger target.

Speaking of size... what if the Jets went in another direction entirely and went after TE Zack Miller? I actually think that might be awesome for Sanchez.

Speaking of size... what if the Jets went in another direction entirely and went after TE Zack Miller? I actually think that might be awesome for Sanchez.

I just brought this up on Twitter, but asked for Kevin Boss (better blocker). Sanchez should NOT be throwing the ball 15 yards down the field every time he drops back.

Problem is, it's not Schotty's way.

I honestly think it would be a much better move than bringing in a guy like Jones. I think he's exactly the kind of player that Sanchez has never had that could be a big boost to him. And with Keller, the Jets could obviously play these guys in 2 TE sets or even line him up out wide more often, as it's something he's certainly capable of doing. I'd be much happier with a guy who's proven his worth on a sh*tty team with sh*tty QBs and has the skill set that could be very beneficial to our QB than a guy who was only ok on a Super Bowl team with an elite QB.

I just brought this up on Twitter, but asked for Kevin Boss (better blocker). Sanchez should NOT be throwing the ball 15 yards down the field every time he drops back.

Problem is, it's not Schotty's way.

Boss would be an upgrade over the nameless TE we recently lost, and wouldn't ruffle Keller's feathers, either. Again, for cheap, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Boss would be an upgrade over the nameless TE we recently lost, and wouldn't ruffle Keller's feathers, either. Again, for cheap, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

He was my #1 free agent wish list target. I think it makes you better at two positions (base TE and Keller/H-back).

Zach Miller gives me Doug Jolley flashbacks.

Miller would be as good as Keller. He's underrated, great at getting open. Dustin Keller is the most annoying player in the history of the Jets. Not worst, not even close, but he's annoying.

I would prefer Boss. With a name like that you can't suck.

He was my #1 free agent wish list target. I think it makes you better at two positions (base TE and Keller/H-back).

Zach Miller gives me Doug Jolley flashbacks.

No way, Zach Miller (OAK) is legit.

Miller would be as good as Keller. He's underrated, great at getting open. Dustin Keller is the most annoying player in the history of the Jets. Not worst, not even close, but he's annoying.

I would prefer Boss. With a name like that you can't suck.

Zach Miller is much better than Keller. Agree on Boss.

No hes not, as soon as Sanchez learns to check down and throw to the TE Keller will have a monster year like he when Favre was here.

Zach Miller is a far better TE than Keller. Period. Only a Jets homer would argue this.

Archived