Mo Wilkerson will start from day 1 at DE

InstantClassic

Rex mentioned this is his press conference. Saying they drafted him to start Im pretty sure the kid will still have to perfrom and Im also pretty sure we have enough talent to run a nice rotation and keep everyone fresh. Not many teams can do that on the DL

I think there's a very good chance the Jets bring Ellis back (or even Woody). They're first just making sure that extra million-ish of cap space isn't needed to sign someone else with a long (or longer) future.

I agree on Ellis, but if they bring Woody back that would be a sure sign that Ducasse is not even a viable backup. I would rather they redo some deals to give the money back to make more space next year than sign Woody with Hunter already on board. They could still do that under the new rules, can't they?

I agree on Ellis, but if they bring Woody back that would be a sure sign that Ducasse is not even a viable backup. I would rather they redo some deals to give the money back to make more space next year than sign Woody with Hunter already on board. They could still do that under the new rules, can't they?

I don't know, but it would make sense. If they can restructure contracts so they count less now and more later it would stand to reason you could do the opposite unless you're talking about a specific player whose immediate raise would cause a violation of the 30% rule over last season.

And yes, clearly if they bring back Woody it would be a reflection on Ducasse.

Archived