Who will pick up the slack...

stoicsentry

Couldn't resist the rhyme.

We had 40 total sacks in the regular season last year.

We've lost Coleman (4.0), Ellis (4.5), Taylor (5.0), Ighedibo (3.0) and more.

In total, we have lost about 50% of our sacks between releases/unsigned free agents and so on.

Where will our sacks come from this year?

Couldn't resist the rhyme.

We had 40 total sacks in the regular season last year.

We've lost Coleman (4.0), Ellis (4.5), Taylor (5.0), Ighedibo (3.0) and more.

In total, we have lost about 50% of our sacks between releases/unsigned free agents and so on.

Where will our sacks come from this year?

The defensive back sacks could come from any other defensive back. C'mon already...

Wilkerson, KEllis, Pitoitua, DeVito, and Westerman should hopefully be able to add up to 10 between them.

The defensive back sacks could come from any other defensive back. C'mon already...

Wilkerson, KEllis, Pitoitua, DeVito, and Westerman should hopefully be able to add up to 10 between them.

No, we've filled our roster with tackling dummies, haven't you heard. This thread is astounding.

The rhyme was the best part.

If Pace can stay healthy he's shown that he can generate sacks on a consistent basis as well. It's pretty much a stupid question, our defense isn't predicated on one guy being the missle or one guy specifically getting to double digit sacks. Sure, there are packages designed for different players, but we're pretty much a team that stuffs the run and tries to force incompletions on 3rd and long.

What I hope is that we start generating more turnovers. Fumble recoveries are kind of fluky and hard to control. Outside of Revis, we don't really have that ball-hawk. Maybe Lowery, but he's kind of slow.

Westerman and a healthy Pace should get more sacks for us. I'm curious about how good Wlkerson and K. Ellis are going to be, especially early. Could be huge x-factors.

You just said something that sounded mildly positive. I think I will now leave the site for a little while.

I think Tom and I have traded places. I don't know how the hell that happened, because just last week I was picking an internet fight with him. LOL

Archived