Brad Smith: "[The Bills] might be a Super Bowl team, too"

Jetsfan80

Brad Smith had the best year for a KOR on the Jets in the last 10 years last year. However they finally got around to giving him the job, he was the best of a consistently very good group.

I expect Westoff to plug in the next guy and continue to have success. If he's nearly as good as Brad Smith was in the role, we'll be fortunate.

Better than Leon Washington had in '07? Nuh uh.

Brad Smith had the best year for a KOR on the Jets in the last 10 years last year. However they finally got around to giving him the job, he was the best of a consistently very good group.

I expect Westoff to plug in the next guy and continue to have success. If he's nearly as good as Brad Smith was in the role, we'll be fortunate.

The change to the kickoff rules will keep any player, including Smith, from having that kind of year again this year. That said, Westhoff will have someone back there that will still prove to be one of the best KR in the league, be it McKnight, Kerley or whoever else, because that's just what Westy does. Hell, as good as Smith was last year, once he got hurt late in the year, Cromartie came in and did an even better job than Smith on KRs.

Sorry, but Cpt. Klacko's on it. Leon's 07 >>>> Brad's 10.

You sitll missed the point, Brad Smith got the job be default and necessity. He was on the team for 4 years and was never the KR guy til 09 when Leon got injured and their expirement with Justin Miller failed. I mean, if Westy was so sure about Smith on KR's than why bring in Justin Miller?

And the reality is, the biggest KR of the year, came from Cro.

Better than Leon Washington had in '07? Nuh uh.

Uh huh.

Leon had three TD's in '07 to Smith's two last year, but Smith still managed to have a better return average: 28.6 > 27.5. Smith was consistently better.

Sorry, but Cpt. Klacko's on it. Leon's 07 >>>> Brad's 10.

You sitll missed the point, Brad Smith got the job be default and necessity. He was on the team for 4 years and was never the KR guy til 09 when Leon got injured and their expirement with Justin Miller failed. I mean, if Westy was so sure about Smith on KR's than why bring in Justin Miller?

And the reality is, the biggest KR of the year, came from Cro.

If Tom Brady's such a good QB, why did he last until the 6th round of the draft?

Doesn't matter how the guy came into the job. Bottom line is that once he got there he was the best guy Westoff put there over the last decade.

If Tom Brady's such a good QB, why did he last until the 6th round of the draft?

Doesn't matter how the guy came into the job. Bottom line is that once he got there he was the best guy Westoff put there over the last decade.

No, he wasnt...if anything it was a wash between him and Leon...like I said above, I'll take the extra TD over the .9 yards.

And I have no clue how draft position has anything to do with being on a roster and having a FA brought into do the job that you eventually win. That means, the he wasnt hand picked by Westy, like you claimed. In fact, it proves that there was some apprehension and Westy thought Miller might be better, who wasnt on the active roster.

How the F is that a similar scenario to Brady getting drafted in the 6th?

Come'on...what would you rather have an extra .9 yard per carry or another TD?

1.1 yards, Mr. Math Whiz.

Smith's two TD's demonstrate that he was plenty explosive and a threat to score at any time. The higher average despite the one less TD tells you that Smith was consistently better in the role. TD's are nice, but the return game is all about field position.

No, he wasnt...if anything it was a wash between him and Leon...like I said above, I'll take the extra TD over the .9 yards.

And I have no clue how draft position has anything to do with being on a roster and having a FA brought into do the job that you eventually win. That means, the he wasnt hand picked by Westy, like you claimed. In fact, it proves that there was some apprehension and Westy thought Miller might be better, who wasnt on the active roster.

How the F is that a similar scenario to Brady getting drafted in the 6th?

What I'm saying is that it doesn't matter how he got the job. You want to make a point of that, but it's as completely and totally irrelevant as Tom Brady's draft position.

Once Brad Smith became the KOR, he was the best Westoff put back there in the last 10 years (and I limit it to ten because I haven't bothered to look back further).

KOR's are judged by return average. You know this.

1.1 yards, Mr. Math Whiz.

Smith's two TD's demonstrate that he was plenty explosive and a threat to score at any time. The higher average despite the one less TD tells you that Smith was consistently better in the role. TD's are nice, but the return game is all about field position.

Ha! No math Whiz. Would never take that claim.

But please, you're making an awfully big deal over 1.1yrds per. And who ever said he wasnt explosive? You made it out to be like NOBODY put up similar numbers in the past decade when thats simply not true...both Miller and Leon had very similar years...minus a whopping 1.1 over Leons' 07 who scored an extra TD which apparently arent a big deal to you...never mind scoring TD is how you win games. lol

The bottom line is, Brad Smith KR's wont be missed because of the rule changes and Westy's ability to get similar production out of just about anyone. Which makes me very much over this debate.

BTW, Cromartie averaged 31.8 yds on KRs in the playoffs. Just saying.

Smith was very good, but the Jets will be more than fine without him.

Too small a sample size; didn't read. :)

Brad Smith > Leon Washington.

Better at KOR, significantly better in the wildcat.

Doesn't mean the Jets won't be able to take another step up, but Smith was the best in both those roles that we've seen in a long time. If ever.

And really, my reply was about Klacko sh*tting on former Jets. That's it. You can go back to January and find posts from me explaining why Brad Smith shouldn't be retained. Doesn't mean he's not an excellent football player.

Doesn't mean the Jets won't be able to take another step up, but Smith was the best in both those roles that we've seen in a long time. If ever.

And really, my reply was about Klacko sh*tting on former Jets. That's it. You can go back to January and find posts from me explaining why Brad Smith shouldn't be retained. Doesn't mean he's not an excellent football player.

Wow, you're out there today my friend.

Has Brad Smith ever led the league in all purpose yards? Lets see what Brad Smith does behind a different ST's coach, because Leon went to Seattle and didnt miss a beat. Had similar numbers to 07 and guess what...had more TD's on KR than your little butt buddy Brad Smith. I know, I know, its all about return yard average. :D

Agreed, Smith was a good player (in certain roles), but nowhere near worth the money we all knew he was going to get from some team. My point is really while he may have been great in multiple special teams roles, with Westy in control that's the last thing I would ever be worried about. By year's end McKnight was beating Smith down the field almost every time as a gunner and the team has a number of guys who can step into what will already be a reduced KR role, which makes any potential downgrade mean that much less. As far as the Wildcat, well I wouldn't exactly be upset if they cut back on it as it is.

For the ninth time, I wasn't sh*tting on former Jets.

Archived