All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There’s no way their next pick is a WR. It’s what everyone wants. We jinxed it.
  3. He’s 21 years old. He has massive upside and was great in his couple years at Penn State. But I believe he is still developmental. He could use some time playing behind a hall of famer, at one of the most important positions on the field. Not get re-routed to a position he has never played, just to get him on the field. There is high risk for injury at tackle. He will be on the field, before you know it. But, I don’t think he is starting week 1, without an injury. Still a good pick. But it is, what it is.
  4. It’s difficult for sure - and as @slats pointed out, along with the dudes in that video - the hand size is smallllll. And while that’s or debatable importance for a tackle, it’s definitely important for a receiver. That said, nearly every receiver at this point will have their knocks. There are no clean prospects left. Not sure about this. Open to ideas. Good thread.
  5. Explain to me how this helps Rodgers win this season if he only plays about 6 games. We have a 1 or 2 year window with Rodgers. We need impact players now. We could have traded back further and taken a WR who can help immediately
  6. As opposed to all the other players out there, who enjoy it?
  7. Its too expensive to move into the top 10ish picks of the second round, but we have enough ammo ino the 2nd half of the round. The 2 guys I like the most are Roman Wilson and Luke McCaffery (I like Ladd too but he will be gone early). Wilson is probably a slot guy but he can play some outside WR. I think his production had he played at oregon or another pass-happy school would have put him much higher then end of the 2nd so to me he represents really good value, has played in big games and in the cold and should complement GW and Mike Williams really well. McCaffrey is also going to provide tremendous value simply because of the need for instant results in the NFL. Kid is 6'2 198 and ran 4.46. He is a former QB who is lauded for his ability to work the middle of the field and understanding of when to help his QB and work back to the ball. The issue is he is a little raw since he only played WR for 2 years - who the hell cares. He played well enough and got enough reps to catch 70 balls for 900 yards. He is projected in the 3rd/4th but there is a lot of risk with SD picking ahead of us in the 3rd as they need a WR.
  8. Lol! Much like being a fly on the wall during the call to Kirk Cousins when Atlanta were on the clock. [emoji23] Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
  9. This is tough. You want to pack some weight and durability onto a guy like this at the NFL level, but it's hard to project if it will affect his speed and agility. I like the player on film enough to take him at 72 if he's there.
  10. He had a bad injury last year as I recall ... maybe they want to get younger / less wear and tear at that backup spot. Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
  11. I like this thought process - I’d add another interior lineman to this list depending on their long term plans for AVT. Also, part of me just wants to part ways with as many offensive lineman we’ve rostered the past few years. Braden Fiske also a possibility along with Jenkins jr. Can’t see us using all these picks though, we don’t have the roster space left, correct? Have to assume we’re gonna be moving up at some point?
  12. If the Jets take a QB tonight I'd pay money to see Aaron's reaction in real time
  13. Based on the mocks I have seen/done: I would try and trade into the 3rd round. Value is better there, but may not work. The S will be the play in the 3rd round, unfortunately. The next tier if WRs will go in round 2-look at where Pearsall went by a smart team. Round 4 could be Malik, Luke McCaffery and guys like that. Maybe Roman Wilson. IOL should be available Round 4+, and that is where they should be taken.
  14. And we added two picks to the mix, allowing us more talent and flexibility, for picking the guy we wanted in the first place.
  15. I really like Fashanu as a franchise LT. I hate the idea of him at guard. It takes away from his strengths and exposes his weaknesses.
  16. Not that I’m pro this but trading back and picking up another 4th is not out of the question. The draft is assumed to be deep through the first 4 rounds and we have a fairly stacked team. 5th and 6th rounders are going to struggle to make the 53 man roster. These 4th rounders with higher valued grades could though.
  17. This is quite possibly my favorite realistic target left for us too. I'm not sure the Jets will chase him but they will hopefully take him if he makes it to 72. The one thing giving me pause is that I could see the Jets trying to force an X receiver, since G Wilson and lazard can both play in the slot. G Wilson can also play X of course, but long term we'll need a Mike Williams replacement and I think the staff will want to move Wilson around. The pick might gravitate toward a Corley or tez walker (who I have mixed feelings about, each) instead.
  18. Both mentioned in the remaining WR thread. I don't mess around!
  19. JD could have approached differently - wasn’t about other teams reaching out to the Jets but rather Jets reaching out to the Vikings (or any of the QBs needy teams) giving them first dibs. Threatening if they didn’t strike a deal then he’d proactively go to next team. Could have been ongoing long before the clock started. Classic example of game theory especially since they probably failed to move up to get Maye.
  20. I’m a fan of bloodline, no evidence I should be but I’d be happy with Jenkins and McCaffery
  21. Bunch of talented athletic iOL in this class and they've probably only got room for one more iOL on the roster. No harm in giving yourself the flexibility to take one to develop via the draft and signing him after if you don't draft anybody.
  22. Having one on the practice squad is ok, but if you're optimistic they'll develop into anything beyond "intern" you likely want the extra protection of the main roster. Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity