•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone else think losing out is for the best?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

POPULAR

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

#2 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I agree, they need to lose EVERYTHING!

Posted Image

#3 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I do. What could happen any better than a nice top 3 pick for the new regime? If Woody leaves Tanny and Rex it won't matter who or where we pick. But our new GM and new HC could use a nice top 3 pick.

Well, the season is lost so I guess the best thing to do is to position the team for the following year. We're not contenders, plain and simple.

#1 on my list arent even players/draft picks. Its coaching and personnel. This is where our problems really stem. Sparano was a bad decision and I knew it from jump though of course I give the benefit of the doubt after I throw my fit about it. Rex Ryan not being able to make tough decision (sitting sanchez) is another thing. Not having an impact draft pick in over a half decade also points out the personnel, coaching and GM.

We need change on the coaching staff, and front office.

NYJetsScript.gif

#4 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,541 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just think. The next Kyle Wilson could be the New York Jets #1-5 pick in the 2013 NFL entry draft!

#5 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,325 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

If losing out results in Jarvis Jones, then sign me up!!!

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.
Posted Image

#6 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,862 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

You play To win the draft pick

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#7 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Worst part about having this sh*tty of a season is the timing. This is probably the least exciting draft in decades and the Jets will finally have a top 5 pick.

lattimore injury killed that? and clowney is next yr yikes

#8 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,221 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

If the goal is to get a new GM and whole new coaching staff, then yes, losing out will do that. Even Rex can't survive such a debacle and it will be interesting how Woody reacts now that he can concentrate on football after losing a ton of money in the election.
Posted Image

#9 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Well, the season is lost so I guess the best thing to do is to position the team for the following year. We're not contenders, plain and simple.

#1 on my list arent even players/draft picks. Its coaching and personnel. This is where our problems really stem. Sparano was a bad decision and I knew it from jump though of course I give the benefit of the doubt after I throw my fit about it. Rex Ryan not being able to make tough decision (sitting sanchez) is another thing. Not having an impact draft pick in over a half decade also points out the personnel, coaching and GM.

We need change on the coaching staff, and front office.

Yes everybody must go. Then gift wrap a nice fresh crispy top 3 draft pick for the new regime. They could use it or trade it for more picks. Maybe we might even get a guy that might know something about who to draft? Maybe just maybe. Im kinda excited to be honest.

#10 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Top 3 is the goal. Truth is it's always been a bad ddraft year for the Jets since Manigini left. So if we have a new regime that has some football smarts we might get a player that can actually...uh PLAY?

#11 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

You play To win the draft pick

BOOM!!

#12 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

lol can we trade it?

#13 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Top 3 is the goal. Truth is it's always been a bad ddraft year for the Jets since Manigini left. So if we have a new regime that has some football smarts we might get a player that can actually...uh PLAY?

Top 3 this yr and top 2 next yr will be needed, the whole team almost needs to be waived. Clowney will be best defensive prospect since Peppers.

#14 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

If the goal is to get a new GM and whole new coaching staff, then yes, losing out will do that. Even Rex can't survive such a debacle and it will be interesting how Woody reacts now that he can concentrate on football after losing a ton of money in the election.

Rex is proving every week he is not the man we thought he was. He was a good a coupld years with another coaches team. Now he has put his stamp on this team and it's in the shape of a clowns ass. New GM, new coach top 3 pick. It's a start.

#15 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Top 3 this yr and top 2 next yr will be needed, the whole team almost needs to be waived. Clowney will be best defensive prospect since Peppers.

Not true. Team is in meltdown mode. We get a new coach and some talent and a nice top 3 pick we could at least be on the mend. Now we our a gigantic turd....

#16 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Of course it's for the best. Not gonna happen though.
Tank for Teddy.

#17 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Not all top 3 picks are created equally.

it's a weak draft at the top end in 2013. They are saying Luke Joekel could go first.

they don't need to lose out to get Jarvis Jones. In fact, with his injury history, they could go 8-8 and still get him probably.

Edited by bitonti, 12 November 2012 - 02:37 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#18 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

They should, which means they won't. The Jets will be sure to pick up a handful of meaningless wins against the likes of the Jags just to make sure they get a worse pick, probably save Tanny's (and maybe Rex's) job and then to top it off, it will probably come around the same time Tebow comes in to mop up the season, making sure he is given an opportunity to waste a few more years of our football watching lives with even more crappy QB play. It should be exciting stuff.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#19 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Of course it's for the best. Not gonna happen though.

Leave Sanchez in and it's a lock. I believe 100% in that. Did you see how good he was at throwing a pick on our own goaline? You can;t teach that sh*t. Kid has exactly the tools to get us a top 3 pick.

#20 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

it's a weak draft at the top end in 2013. They are saying Luke Joekel could go first.

they don't need to lose out to get Jarvis Jones. In fact, with his injury history, they could go 8-8 and still get him probably.

Hey, stop pissing on my optimism.

#21 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

They should, which means they won't. The Jets will be sure to pick up a handful of meaningless wins against the likes of the Jags just to make sure they get a worse pick, probably save Tanny's (and maybe Rex's) job and then to top it off, it will probably come around the same time Tebow comes in to mop up the season, making sure he is given an opportunity to waste a few more years of our football watching lives with even more crappy QB play. It should be exciting stuff.

Exaqctly why Tebow can never start a game. One win and then all the hype crap associated with it and BAM... we are picking in the 8-14 wasteland. COME ON MARK BRING US TO THE PROMISE LAND... WE BELIEVE

#22 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,325 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

lattimore injury killed that? and clowney is next yr yikes

There literally isnt a single prospect that I'm drooling over outside of Jones.

This draft sucks. Warren at FSU is intriguing, Mingo at LSU - there's like, ok prospect, but nobody that makes you jump out your shoes you want so bad...
Posted Image

#23 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

There literally isnt a single prospect that I'm drooling over outside of Jones.

This draft sucks. Warren at FSU is intriguing, Mingo at LSU - there's like, ok prospect, but nobody that makes you jump out your shoes you want so bad...

Fine we get it and trade it for a pick the following year. Mark iwll lose us 10-13 games next year too.

#24 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 21,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Not true. Team is in meltdown mode. We get a new coach and some talent and a nice top 3 pick we could at least be on the mend. Now we our a gigantic turd....

Next yr is the real prize mon, Clowney FTW

#25 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Jones is a risky pick, especially for a team that already has a defense that is at least playoff caliber with Revis coming back. They have to go O O O.
Tank for Teddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users