Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackout

WILL CC SABATHIA WIN 300 GAMES???

15 posts in this topic

i think he will

GO CC

I BET CC WINS 310 GAMES!!  GO CC

He's going to be 33. He needs 105 wins to get to 300.  He averages about 15 wins a season.  He would have to pitch effectively until 40 and get 15 wins each season until then.  Not saying it isn't going to happen, but it's a pretty rare feat nowadays and he doesn't exactly have the shape to pitch into his 40s.

He's going to be 33. He needs 105 wins to get to 300.  He averages about 15 wins a season.  He would have to pitch effectively until 40 and get 15 wins each season until then.  Not saying it isn't going to happen, but it's a pretty rare feat nowadays and he doesn't exactly have the shape to pitch into his 40s.

Except he averages over 18 wins in his previous 4 seasons with the Yankees. If he stays healthy he will easily get to 300, but for a pitcher who is 32 staying healthy isn't the soundest bet n the world. I think he pushes 315 to 320 wins.

Except he averages over 18 wins in his previous 4 seasons with the Yankees. If he stays healthy he will easily get to 300, but for a pitcher who is 32 staying healthy isn't the soundest bet n the world. I think he pushes 315 to 320 wins.

Okay. So he gets 18 wins this season and through 2016.  He is possibly a free agent after that.  He would be 36/37 and there is no assurance the Yankees bring him back, or he decides to keep pitching.  He still would need aproximately 40 wins, which isn't a given.  Like I said, it's possible but not probable.  Too many factors that could impact it negatively, like his shoulder or weight.

weight problems and CC?  not a chance ;)

IF HE CAN WIN 105 MORE GAMES THEN YES!!!!! IF HE CAN'T THEN PROBABLY NO

Carl thanks for putting some thought into the response.  I wish the thread starter and put a little more thought into it.  :)

I never thought of CC winning 300, scary that it is possible.  Looking at it this way (105 away) it could happen.

And he will need to do that for a good 4 seasons still.

He will be 33 in 2 months.  He had an inflammed elbow last year and he is a big boy.

He has the talent and is on the right team to do it, but in todays 'drug testing' world.  He might not have the....err...pharmacologoical advantage Rog-ah had.