Decker Talking To Thomas

KRL

Julius Thomas is a very overrated player.  He's very good in the red zone but he's not up there with Graham or Gronkowski not even close.  Your Raiders can overpay him.

Randall Cobb and Michael Crabtree are much more realistic targets for the Jets.  I'd be happy with signing one of those two and keeping Harvin.  We'd have Decker and Cobb or Crabtree on the outside and Harvin in the slot.

Vincenzo69 not trying to rain on your parade.( free agent hopes). but honestly what big time Wr is going to want to come to the Jets with your present Qb situation. See Eric Decker numbers in 2014 . There is a reason why Percy Harvin won't restructure his contract with the Jets.

That's just my opinion , and I could be proven wrong. Will see if that's the case.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vincenzo69 not trying to rain on your parade.( free agent hopes). but honestly what big time Wr is going to want to come to the Jets with your present Qb situation. See Eric Decker numbers in 2014 . There is a reason why Percy Harvin won't restructure his contract with the Jets.

That's just my opinion , and I could be proven wrong. Will see if that's the case.

DeSean Jackson went to the 3-13 Skins the reason they go is called money.. Same reason another Jackson named Vincent went to the Buc's for Bucks..

I believe it's in March where a team by the salary offered , determines what they will get back if some other team signs the restricted free agent. my guess is they offer him a salary ( isn't that much) that will cost a team a second round pick as compensation.( teams can get Wr help a lot cheaper in the second round of the 2015 NFL draft).

Rod Streater isn't going any where in 2015.

I wouldnt let go of a draft pick for him. I think he's going to be a legit go to guy for Carr though. 

I wouldnt let go of a draft pick for him. I think he's going to be a legit go to guy for Carr though.

To be a legitimate go to Wr, you have to be a number 1 type of Wr. Rod Streater isn't that, and more a solid number 2 type of Wr. The Raiders don't have that number 1 type of Wr , and you can expect them to address that early in the draft. 1. ? 2. Rod Streater 3 ? 4. James Jones( can't be any higher on depth chart) 5 . Brice Butler- can be solid number 2 in time 6. Love Seth Roberts- best hands on team and just needs to get stronger .

Andre Holmes and Kenbrell Thompkins are garbage. Raiders at the very least need to get a Wr in free agency , and need to get a number 1 type Wr in the draft. ( no number 1 type of Wr will be available in Fa). Would love for the Dolphins to cut MIke Wallace. Cobb, Percy Harvin ( if Jets cut him - has history with Raiders OC) those will be the type of Wr they go after.

I love Torrey Smith- he loves Baltimore , and I expect him to re-sign with the Ravens before free agency starts,

To be a legitimate go to Wr, you have to be a number 1 type of Wr. Rod Streater isn't that, and more a solid number 2 type of Wr. The Raiders don't have that number 1 type of Wr , and you can expect them to address that early in the draft. 1. ? 2. Rod Streater 3 ? 4. James Jones( can't be any higher on depth chart) 5 . Brice Butler- can be solid number 2 in time 6. Love Seth Roberts- best hands on team and just needs to get stronger .

Andre Holmes and Kenbrell Thompkins are garbage. Raiders at the very least need to get a Wr in free agency , and need to get a number 1 type Wr in the draft. ( no number 1 type of Wr will be available in Fa). Would love for the Dolphins to cut MIke Wallace. Cobb, Percy Harvin ( if Jets cut him - has history with Raiders OC) those will be the type of Wr they go after.

I love Torrey Smith- he loves Baltimore , and I expect him to re-sign with the Ravens before free agency starts,

To be a legit go to guy you have to be reliable for your QB. 

I dont know what the hell is going on with people around here lately. This offseason can't come quick enough. 

To be a legit go to guy you have to be reliable for your QB. 

I dont know what the hell is going on with people around here lately. This offseason can't come quick enough.

Rod Streater missed most of the year, but everyone knows what the Raiders need to do this offseason. http://cover32.com/raiders/2015/01/30/broncos-corner-compliments-derek-carr-takes-shot-at-raiders-wideouts/. Did you go to Temple Villian the Foe.

Rod Streater missed most of the year, but everyone knows what the Raiders need to do this offseason. http://cover32.com/raiders/2015/01/30/broncos-corner-compliments-derek-carr-takes-shot-at-raiders-wideouts/. Did you go to Temple Villian the Foe.

He missed pretty much all of last year. He had a foot injury I know. No I didnt go to Temple, I just know what a go to guy is. Wayne Chrebet was a go to guy on a Jets team and he wasnt a #1 or #2 receiver on the team. Yeah Keyshawn was the #1 and the threat, but if its 3rd and long every Jet fan knew where the ball was going. Chrebet was a go to guy yet wasnt a #1 WR. He didnt have to be, all he had to be was reliable, which he was. I didnt have to attend Streaters school to understand that. 

He missed pretty much all of last year. He had a foot injury I know. No I didnt go to Temple, I just know what a go to guy is. Wayne Chrebet was a go to guy on a Jets team and he wasnt a #1 or #2 receiver on the team. Yeah Keyshawn was the #1 and the threat, but if its 3rd and long every Jet fan knew where the ball was going. Chrebet was a go to guy yet wasnt a #1 WR. He didnt have to be, all he had to be was reliable, which he was. I didnt have to attend Streaters school to understand that.

Lol, even Raider fans are like "What the f*ck are you talking about?".

Lol, even Raider fans are like "What the f*ck are you talking about?".

And yet I sit here, watching you take into consideration the words of a person who made the important life decision to become a Raiders fan. :winking0001:  You are reaching for the heavens right now, Relax! Besides he never called him a JAG, he simply didnt understand what I meant when I said "go to guy" so I clarified it for him. And if he ever did call him a JAG it wouldnt matter because I know that the only individuals that could be considered JAG's were the QB's throwing Streater the ball. 

And did you tweet JAG Bettis yet to tell him that he's not a HOF'er in your book? lol. 

And yet I sit here, watching you take into consideration the words from a person who made the important life decision to become a Raiders fan. :winking0001: You are reaching for the heavens right now man, relax! Besides he never called him a JAG, he simply didnt understand what I meant when I said "go to guy" so I clarified it for him. And if he ever did call him a JAG it wouldnt matter because I know that the only individuals that could be considered JAG's were the QB's throwing Streater the ball.

And did you tweet JAG Bettis yet to tell him that he's not a HOF'er in your book? lol.

Tim Brown isn't a HOFer in my book, either. The HOF got a lot more mediocre yesterday. At least Coach Gollum didn't get in, though.

While I'm busy "reaching for the heavens", find me one other person that agrees with you that Rod Streater is a "go to guy". Thanks and have fun.

Tim Brown isn't a HOFer in my book, either. The HOF got a lot more mediocre yesterday. At least Coach Gollum didn't get in, though.

While I'm busy "reaching for the heavens", find me one other person that agrees with you that Rod Streater is a "go to guy". Thanks and have fun.

The bold thing about being a trendsetter is that no one agrees with you in the beginning. The same people who will criticize your opinion in the beginning will make sure to rub it in your face when you're wrong, however, when you're right these people seem to magically fade away. It takes balls having your own opinion and sticking to it, especially when people will troll you about it from page to page.

Plenty of times in my 8 years on this site I've held an opinion when no one agreed, so I know exactly how people operate here. If Streater plays all 16 games next year and has 15 catches for 110 yards you will make sure to remind me. If Streater has 70 catches for 900 to 1000 yards I wont hear a f'ing thing from you. Its called Jetnation my friend. 

Now that you know my position on Streater, which was him being a nice addition if available, could we FINALLY get off it until the end of next year if he puts up Chaz Schilens numbers and you dig through forum threads to find this one in order to remind me? You said like 15 responses ago that this was a moot point, and I'm confident that his numbers next year will not require you to dig through the thread crates this time next year. Now can we PLEASE move on? I understood 15 pages ago that you think he's a JAG. I acknowledge you. I know its hard, but I'll hold your hand through it, lets move on already.  :shake:

Archived