Bowles Unafraid to Make QB Switch if Smith Struggles

flgreen

Catchy slogans and moral victories were high on Rex Ryan's list of accomplishments. It won't be that way under Bowles. I predict a 10-6 season for the Jets presuming Geno Smith operates at a the level he showed down the stretch last season. With better targets and blocking I can see it happening. 

problem there is...Geno played at a high level to end his rookie season.  Starts 2014 on a high until half time game 2. Then the real slim shady stood up.  BUT  if he could just play average QB play. say 16 to 24 best in the league, you and I are in agreement.

Geno even being average is a long shot.  I have zero faith in this kid and even the "good" games he had throughout his jets career would be considered average by top QB standards.  Has he ever thrown for over 300 yards in a game, and if he has, how many picks did he also throw in that game?

I liked the Geno selection when he was drafted but he has let me down through and through to the point where I was happy when he got clocked right in the face in the Tennessee game.  I was hoping it would knocks some sense into him but sadly he still sucked.  This is the kind of kid who will put up numbers when the seasons lost and throw away the game when the Jets are in it.

The sooner we move on from this bust, the better.

Harris has not been to a SB. That is the aim of this game. Get to a SB and win. Jets fans need to understand that

It's a team sport. Any and all arguments about athletes not winning a title are retarded unless it's golf or tennis. Even auto racing is a team sport.

It's a team sport. Any and all arguments about athletes not winning a title are retarded unless it's golf or tennis. Even auto racing is a team sport.

It is difficult to grasp that concept even in this thread. Looks like Kap is held to a different standard than Harris

It is difficult to grasp that concept even in this thread. Looks like Kap is held to a different standard than Harris

At this point Kaep is a flash in the pan. Pretty much the definition of one. Harris leads, or is 2nd on his team in tackles every year. He hasn't missed a game and has started every game for 6 years.

You're comparing a work horse LB to a gimmicky QB with questions all over.

At this point Kaep is a flash in the pan. Pretty much the definition of one. Harris leads, or is 2nd on his team in tackles every year. He hasn't missed a game and has started every game for 6 years.

You're comparing a work horse LB to a gimmicky QB with questions all over.

A QB that has SB experience that Harris does not have. I now see a thread here with Harris' contract as a bad one too. No SB experience and a bad contract for slow run thumper.

A QB that has SB experience that Harris does not have. I now see a thread here with Harris' contract as a bad one too. No SB experience and a bad contract for slow run thumper.

What is this SB experience thing you have? Lots of better qbs than Kaep with no SB experience. And again, its a team game.

Rex was over-confident..."I'm gonna' win a Super Bowl" vs. "I'm gonna' try to win a Super Bowl".

Yes,  but Rex was close with winning 2 championship games.  With a team that good,  why not shoot for the best?

It may be before the start of the season.  Say goodnight to Smith if he doesn't do well during pre-season games.  

It would take a meltdown of epic proportions for smith not to start.  smith can do ok in practice and against vanilla defenses in pre-season. he's starting the season.

It would take a meltdown of epic proportions for smith not to start.  smith can do ok in practice and against vanilla defenses in pre-season. he's starting the season.

It doesn't sound like Todd Bowles is that high on Smith.  This is why I think he may not start.

Kaep is marginally better than Geno. Look at the #s. He's middle of the pack, at best.

Middle of the pack is still 15 spots better than Geno. I'd kill for a middle of the pack qb.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Archived