15 years ago on this EXACT date on a Monday.........

Gas2No99

It was $1 Becks promo night at the Abbey pub on West 105th street off of Broadway. A real hole in the wall. I was the lone Jets fan sitting in the back miserably watching the Jets get reamed by Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt of all people.

Woke up the next morning with a Becks ESPN Tshirt, a random Becks 3rd eye blind pint glass, and one GLORIOUS Hangover worth the Tuesday pain after one of the greatest Jets victories I had ever witnessed 

This was my wife's first Jets game, we got there at start of the 2nd because we stopped for big macs on the way and traffic was a nightmare.  People were leaving when we got there and we decided we were staying until the end because we had no where better to be.  Great night. 

This was my wife's first Jets game, we got there at start of the 2nd because we stopped for big macs on the way and traffic was a nightmare.  People were leaving when we got there and we decided we were staying until the end because we had no where better to be.  Great night. 

that building was empty but loud in the 4th qtr/OT

fortunately - the wife and I had a family function to attend and I missed the 1st half - friend of mine who was a Dolphin's fan had called and left a very obnoxious voice mail - set down and decided to see how bad the game would turn out to be....

f*cking awesome, that's what!

The building filled back up, they let fans back in that night.

Yes, we were loud though

they did but it was still pretty empty compared to the first half.  what a great night but when thinking back to that game it reminds me of that season and how we collapsed to end it.

On a positive note that season we were 4-1 going to Foxboro and then we crushed the Pats but unfortunately Drew Bledsoe won't be playing this Sunday.

they did but it was still pretty empty compared to the first half.  what a great night but when thinking back to that game it reminds me of that season and how we collapsed to end it.

On a positive note that season we were 4-1 going to Foxboro and then we crushed the Pats but unfortunately Drew Bledsoe won't be playing this Sunday.

anyway you look back at that season it was a great night.  Always remember Jason Taylor arguing with fans, telling them to go home, the games over etc while waving bye-bye to them.  Only to cry like a baby after we came back and beat him.

Again

anyway you look back at that season it was a great night.  Always remember Jason Taylor arguing with fans, telling them to go home, the games over etc while waving bye-bye to them.  Only to cry like a baby after we came back and beat him.

Again

it was a great night and it overshadowed that great comeback in TB that year and the great comeback vs. NE as well.

We were sitting pretty until we pissed away games and the season

I cannot believe we blew that season, after we got to 9-4 w/ crushing Miami in the rematch then beating Indy it looked like there was no way we could miss the playoffs.  that Lion game was the real killer, if we find a way that day we make it w/o having to try and beat that raven D(even though we piled yards on them).

I cannot believe we blew that season, after we got to 9-4 w/ crushing Miami in the rematch then beating Indy it looked like there was no way we could miss the playoffs.  that Lion game was the real killer, if we find a way that day we make it w/o having to try and beat that raven D(even though we piled yards on them).

that and 2008 were the two worst meltdowns ever

We went into that Raven game and played no huddle in the first half. We're able to move the ball with relative ease ease.

Then decided that was enough and lost the game 

We went into that Raven game and played no huddle in the first half. Icing the ball with ease.

Then decided that was enough and lost the game in then2nd half.  

that game changed w/ Vinny's fumble near midfield.  we were up 14-0 and moving toward another score, instead they get the TO and cut it to 14-7.  That was the turning point.

1986 was the worst. 10-1 and then folded to 10-1.  Lost home field after the WC game vs KC and went into the postseason reeling 

10-1 looking like a 1 seed(had already beaten Denver for tiebreaker) and at least our first ever AFC East title then we lose the last 5.  ridiculous.

following that season we'd make the playoffs just once(at 8-8 in '91) from 1987-1997.  those were tough times.  This is why I laugh when people think the last 4 years have been rock bottom.  they have sucked but nothing like the 70s or that '87-'96 stretch.

10-1 looking like a 1 seed(had already beaten Denver for tiebreaker) and at least our first ever AFC East title then we lose the last 5.  ridiculous.

following that season we'd make the playoffs just once(at 8-8 in '91) from 1987-1997.  those were tough times.  This is why I laugh when people think the last 4 years have been rock bottom.  they have sucked but nothing like the 70s or that '87-'96 stretch.

that some fans who watch a team that has made lots of playoff appearances up until that last few years and think it's SOJs is too funny.  Those post 86 through Kotite years were brutal.

that some fans who watch a team that has made lots of playoff appearances up until that last few years and think it's SOJs is too funny.  Those post 86 through Kotite years were brutal.

I wasn't around for the 70s but I would assume going 0 for the decade in trying to make the playoffs that it was the worst stretch in our history.  In my viewing lifetime it's obviously '87-'96.  as bad as last year was(and it was brutal), we won as many games last year and we did the 2 years Kotite was here. 

even though we won 3 games in 1995 compared to 1 in 1996 I think 1995 was worse b/c they were losing and boring.  at least in 1996 they found interesting ways to lose.

I wasn't around for the 70s but I would assume going 0 for the decade in trying to make the playoffs that it was the worst stretch in our history.  In my viewing lifetime it's obviously '87-'96.  as bad as last year was(and it was brutal), we won as many games last year and we did the 2 years Kotite was here. 

even though we won 3 games in 1995 compared to 1 in 1996 I think 1995 was worse b/c they were losing and boring.  at least in 1996 they found interesting ways to lose.

the Namath Jets were never boring though. If he was healthy of course. Mgt screwed those 70's teams though.  

5 years ago the Jets honored that team at halftime of the Jets-Vikings game.  Not sure how many people saw it as it was a monsoon at halftime.  Before the game I was able to go to a reception w/ the players.  Thought I'd share a few pics, see if you guys can name them:DJets-Vikings019.jpg

Jets-Vikings033.jpg

Jets-Vikings029.jpg

Jets-Vikings025.jpg

Jets-Vikings019.jpg

Jets-Vikings015.jpg

Jets-Vikings011.jpg

The building filled back up, they let fans back in that night.

Yes, we were loud though

Exactly. That was half of the miracle of it all to me. I was a drunken mad man yelling at all the people leaving and people were laughing at me.

It was the most amazing thing to experience 2/3 empty stadium literally start filling back up as the comeback took place. And sure as hell we were loud! 

I think the game last till after 1 in the morning.

Still my favorite live Jets game experience up to this point. I can't believe that was 15 years ago. Jeesh.

Vinnie T came to the S florida Jets fan club at hammerjacks a few years ago and was signing stuff. I thanked him for the memories particularly the midnight miracle. He smiled and said.. "ok"

I'm gonna detach that memory from the game. :D

Archived