NFL: Possible Sheldon Richardson suspension still under review

flgreen

On 5/26/2016 at 6:00 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Look, f Sheldon in the b-hole for what he did, but the way this sh*t has dragged on is sad as hell. Goodell is the worst. And I'm not just saying that because I just watched Concussion on an airplane. 

Seriously. What takes this long to decide? What news is going to come out some 5-6 months (and counting) after Sheldon entered a plea deal? What took longer than 5-6 weeks (or days or hours, for that matter)? Why is the team double-penalized for this, in the form of not knowing in March whether a player will play all 16 games, or be suspended 4, 8, or all 16 games?

He is so very awful. 

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And there is no greater crime in sports than effecting the outcome of a game through cheating.  Putting doubt  fans minds over the level playing field is a bigger crime than a offseason murder.  And the NFL ruled he had the balls deflated.  

Stop already

Again not saying Brady wasn't wrong.  Just his case going to take time for him to serve 4 week suspension .( he can go through all the legal jargon to delay it). There is no precedent for this case,

Sheldon Richardson is more black and white situation .( NFL players run a foul of the law- and the league hits them with a suspension( - violating the league personal Policy.    All he can do is appeal it with the league ( not courts)- which he probably in that stage with the league.        

The NFL announces Sheldon Richardson suspension  that means his appeal was denied.( only time the public will hear about it-.   Than Sheldon Richardson has no legal recourse to fight his suspension.    ( totally different situation than Tom Brady).

If Sheldon Richardson could fight his suspension in the courts he would, he can't.

On May 26, 2016 at 5:53 PM, flgreen said:

NFL: Possible Sheldon Richardson suspension 'still under review'

Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on May 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM, updated May 26, 2016 at 3:00 PM
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
3shares

FLORHAM PARK  Sheldon Richardson acknowledged Wednesday that he had spoken to the NFL "here and there" this offseason about his road-race incident from last summer.

Jets OTAs day 2 highlights 5/25/16Highlights from the second day or Jets organized team activities on May 25, 2016. (Video by Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

Richardson, the Jets' defensive end, also said he had no idea whether the NFL would suspend him for it.

"Positive vibes, man, really," Richardson said. "If I get a letter saying I'm suspended, I'm suspended."

Some form of punishment could be coming. On Thursday, a league spokesman told NJ Advance Media that Richardson's case is "still under review."

In January, Richardson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge charge of resisting arrest. The charge stemmed from an incident last summer in which local police in Richardson's native Missouri alleged he drove his Bentley at speeds as high at 143 miles per hour, and that there was a 12-year old and a loaded gun in the vehicle.

"The media fabricated it a little bit," Richardson said Wednesday. "I read the police report. Some of it was true, some of it wasn't. But it got settled in court. The league will do what they do. There's an investigation process for that. They did most of that this offseason. I'm past it."

MORE: Non-QB observations from Jets OTAs

MORE: Non-QB observations from Jets OTAs

A rundown of what some other guys did.

As part of his plea deal, Richardson was fined $1,050 and sentenced to 100 hours of community service. He also got a two-year bench probation, which means he doesn't have to report to a probation officer.

But the incident happened just two weeks after Richardson was given a four-game suspension by the league for violating its drug policy. Richardson served that suspension at the start of last season.

It's impossible to know one way or the other whether Richardson will be punished again by the NFL, or how much discipline he might receive. League discipline is handed downat the whim of commissioner Roger Goodell, and it's pretty much done whenever the league decides to do it.

Last summer, Richardson's drug-policy suspension wasn't announced until July 2.

"Right now," head coach Todd Bowles said, "we're just preparing for him to be on the field."

Ridiculous.  This happened before last season

27 minutes ago, baamf said:

maybe the 89% reduction in crime was from all the bad people moving out then. it just happened to coincide with the new gun law. a lot of laws are passed that are not enforced. doesn't mean the law had no affect. i am not in favor of having a law requiring you to own a gun. its a dumb law. however, i do know that where there are good people who legally possess guns, there seem to be a lot less crime. let me retract that. where good people are not allowed to possess guns, there seems to be a lot more crime

Archived