Ad Testing --- Help Needed

I mentioned in the other thread that we had a problem with the ads last week, autoplaying sound. We removed them but we have to get ads back up in the forums.

I put up a test page with everything but the video player. That testing went well. I would like it if some people here could:

1. Click this link http://forums.jetnation.com/testing/

2. Leave the page \ tab running in the background

3. Let us know if any of the ads autoplay sound. The video player shouldn't play sound, it is muted by default. If you click unmute it will play. What we are looking for here is to make sure it doesn't play sound by default.

If you hear sound, please let me know what the ad is. But hopefully that isn't the case and it is fixed now.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

Somewhat related - would you consider allowing people to subscribe and pay a monthly amount, and not have any ads?

We have avoided that in the past. A few people have asked recently, I honestly don't know how to answer that. The technology does exist to easily do this, but we just always avoided it because of the stigma of premium.

Just worked out a new game plan. Going to put less ads up for registered members, with no video player.

The site will make less money under this plan, we cut the payout by 25%. But it is worth it, we need everyone here happy and posting! I hope to work the ads back in later this week.

Thanks for the help testing, I appreciate it.

If you are a guest, click that register button. Less ads and you get to talk Jets football with us. Win \ Win. :)

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have avoided that in the past. A few people have asked recently, I honestly don't know how to answer that. The technology does exist to easily do this, but we just always avoided it because of the stigma of premium.

If by "stigma" you mean what's technically known as JetsInsiderism :-), IMO the issue was their private members-only forum.  If you had something where it was a few bucks a month, just to let us pay for the site more explicitly (so as a replacement for ads), with no other benefits, I would gladly pay that.

8 hours ago, thshadow said:

If by "stigma" you mean what's technically known as JetsInsiderism :-), IMO the issue was their private members-only forum.  If you had something where it was a few bucks a month, just to let us pay for the site more explicitly (so as a replacement for ads), with no other benefits, I would gladly pay that.

Yes I think that accurately describes the stigma lol.

I think the new plan, without the video player for members and less ads for members will work. Let's give that a shot, I really prefer to not go down the road of premium anything. :)

Thanks.

8 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Ran the test site over 6 hours, no audio ever unmuted.  Looks like its working as intended now.

Thank you. I had the same experience, it was good, no sound.

I appreciate you taking a look.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Yes I think that accurately describes the stigma lol.

I think the new plan, without the video player for members and less ads for members will work. Let's give that a shot, I really prefer to not go down the road of premium anything. :)

Thanks.

This place really is a great site, great atmosphere,.   I even come here to talk football sometimes  :)

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

This place really is a great site, great atmosphere,.   I even come here to talk football sometimes  :)

I am going to give the football conversation a shot here again soon. Did it years ago but had a bad experience. Damn you Herman Edwards lol.

Archived