Kirk Cousins - the future Jets nobody here seems to want to talk about

Integrity28

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/07/2017 at 4:12 PM, Kleckineau said:

:oIf the NEP snag Cousins the AFCE is theirs for another decade so lets hope not.

It'd be interesting to see how NE adapted from massively underpaying for Brady to overpaying for Cousins. ;-) 

7 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

With Goodell as commissioner there wouldnt be any problem "underpaying" Cousins.

Does Cousins run a consultancy business too (or whatever the sham is with Brady?)

On 7/20/2017 at 0:11 PM, Kleckineau said:

Fair enough. I agree he wasnt cant miss unanimously like few others but  he was a cant miss to me (sure more felt this way) when he was drafted in spite of the issues.

My red flag with him was not so much his antics because i think it was immaturity but I thought his father was meddlesome and might be a nightmare for any team selecting him.

Today? I would want him over Luck (injuries) and Eli (on his last lap)

What makes a player a sure thing isn't that he will become the best QB in the NFL or is the most physically gifted. It's that (injury notwithstanding) a sure thing has a 0% chance of being a bust. There was no way either of those two were going to spend their careers as below average QBs, or have a starting career shortened because they weren't good enough to start.

Newton's lack of experience alone, playing one season of one-read-then-run against mostly poor opponents, suggests he was not a can't miss prospect no matter how much you may have liked him coming out.  Eli and Luck, on the other hand, you got to see each of them start for 3 full seasons. 

Archived