Jump to content
Maxman

### Jets \ Bills -- (2017 Season Is Here) Game Thread ###

Recommended Posts

Just now, Joejet said:

He has two tackles today and is on the field with Aaron Rodgers.  I somehow don't think he's the best player on the field today!

He would have been the best player on the field for the Jets today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I misspelled 1 word wrong you on the other hand know nothing about football. 

Im not ranting I'm trying to have an intelligent Jets message board discussion, your lack of reading comprehension and general knowledge of the game make it very difficult. 

 

Screenshot_20170910-185302.png

"I'm not ranting."

"Intelligent discussion!"

Screenshot_20170910-185616.png

"I'm not attacking intelligence!"

My reading comprehension is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He would have been the best player on the field for the Jets today. 

To be fair im a 31 year old Brit who has never pkayed Gridiron is his life, and I think I could have been the best player on the field for Jets today.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20170910-185302.png

"I'm not ranting."

"Intelligent discussion!"

Screenshot_20170910-185616.png

"I'm not attacking intelligence!"

My reading comprehension is fine.  Yours on the other hand...well the screenshots speak for themselves.

Yawn go wash your Robbie Anderson jersey and put it back in the drawer next to the Ryan Fitzpatrick Buccaneers.Jets,Bills.Texans,Bengals,Rams jersey's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yawn go wash your Robbie Anderson jersey and put it back in the drawer next to the Ryan Fitzpatrick Buccaneers.Jets,Bills.Texans,Bengals,Rams jersey's.

My reading comprehension is fine. Hell, reading comprehension isn't the issue here. It's more of an issue with you going after people who disagree with you and then spiraling out of control.  I Ieft our disagreement because we don't see eye to eye on Robby or the INT, made a light hearted comment on ticket costs with another poster, and you came after me with a snarky "LOL ROBBY ANDERSON JERSEY" comment out of left field with that comment quoted. Look in the mirror before going after others.  Look at what you just posted.  I don't own either one of those players jerseys, hated Fitz, but this is the "intelligent discussion" you're trying to have? I'm done here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

He has two tackles today and is on the field with Aaron Rodgers.  I somehow don't think he's the best player on the field today!

I think Rodgers is a mutant like in X-Men. I swear he sometimes throws the ball forward before it has even reached his hands. Just amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My reading comprehension is fine. Hell, reading comprehension isn't the issue here. It's more of an issue with you going after people who disagree with you and then spiraling out of control.  I Ieft our disagreement because we don't see eye to eye on Robby or the INT, made a light hearted comment on ticket costs with another poster, and you came after me with a snarky "LOL ROBBY ANDERSON JERSEY" comment out of left field with that comment quoted. Look in the mirror before going after others.  Look at what you just posted.  I don't own either one of those players jerseys, hated Fitz, but this is the "intelligent discussion" you're trying to have? I'm done here.

Dude whatever blah blah blah. You have no clue about anything let alone footballl, you defended Robbie Anderson on his weak ill fated attempt to catch the ball on the INT. 

He wrestled it away after the play was whistled dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Dude whatever blah blah blah. You have no clue about anything let alone footballl, you defended Robbie Anderson on his weak ill fated attempt to catch the ball on the INT. 

He wrestled it away after the play was whistled dead. 

There you go again.  Have a good night JW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

About as expected, honestly.

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

Many other teams are 0-1 FYI 

Ticket sales are going to be very low this season regardless if its Jets fans or opposing teams fans looking to buy. 

Enjoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

I'm always happy when you're happy SAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

0-1, currently the #1 seed in the NFL Draft, some youngsters showed nicely, Bowles gaffes ensure he'll be gone in February, all in all a great day.

SAR I

Those were not gaffes. That would imply he hadn't thought them through. His philosophy is flawed but that is no mistake. 

He did exactly what he said he would do and has done since he arrived.

"If we play mistake free football then we will have a chance to be competitive in most games." 

We did in deed have a chance to be competitive in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

I'm always happy when you're happy SAR.

Some can see the big picture, some can't.  You know how that goes.

For the next few years I'm not living in W's and L's but individual player and coaching performances.  For the skill level this roster possesses and the venue/team we played against, I give today's effort a solid B, not bad.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Those were not gaffes. That would imply he hadn't thought them through. His philosophy is flawed but that is no mistake. 

He did exactly what he said he would do and has done since he arrived.

"If we play mistake free football then we will have a chance to be competitive in most games." 

We did in deed have a chance to be competitive in this game. 

I thought it was a bit early to go for a 2 point conversion, and then he chased those points the rest of the way.  I don't think Parcells does that, I don't think Belichick does that, so I consider it a gaffe.  Not a major one, we weren't going to win that game no matter what, but a questionable and/or poor decision nonetheless.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, morny said:

To be fair im a 31 year old Brit who has never pkayed Gridiron is his life, and I think I could have been the best player on the field for Jets today.....

Gridiron?  Don't you mean 'hand egg'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As it turns out, when used properly, Sheldon Richardson is the best player on the field in pretty much every game he plays. Color-me shocked. 


ironically ... he has been missing in action most of today's game.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Gridiron?  Don't you mean 'hand egg'?

Haha yeah. Had to go with Gridiron as "American football" wouldn't be right to majority of the board, and football isn't quite right to me as football is soccer. 

Not sure it needed quite that much explanation from me mind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching the game. I had to DVR it. The Jets were ok. The offense should improve with ASJ although they did get production today from the tight end position. But probably the Bills keyed on the running backs and production wasn't really there. I discount the two picks, the first was almost a toss up and the second at the end of the game when they were playing for the pass. McCown was ok but no big plays esp to Robbie. Our D was respectable and the rookies ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Some can see the big picture, some can't.  You know how that goes.

For the next few years I'm not living in W's and L's but individual player and coaching performances.  For the skill level this roster possesses and the venue/team we played against, I give today's effort a solid B, not bad.

SAR I

I think in a vacuum this is all great and I agree, but for someone like yourself and countless others, people who have spent the equivalent of a mortgage on Jets tickets since the new stadium...I don't know. You're way more accepting of this than I would be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope, you're just a football fan rooting against the NY Jets.  Just like a Pats fan, or a Phins fan or a Buffalo Fan.  

To give you credit, at least you're honest about it.  

Who isn't.  The idea that going 0-16 will magically fix that is as much a fantasy as your phantom "tie goes to the WR" call.

People laying their entire souls on Darnold or Rosen will almost assuredly wind up massively disappointed, one way or the other.  

 

 

 

Laying our entire souls?  Ummm... What?

No one actually thinks what you claim here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Brain cells die daily you never had a chance from the start at equalling my intelligence you were doomed from the start. 

Robbie friggen Anderson LOL what a joke a dumb joke. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS follow along spell it and chant it with me. 

Can someone remind me why we keep this poster around despite his inability to follow a few simple rules?
 

@badposter12 is it time for another time out? Like a permanent one this time with an IP Ban?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Laying our entire souls?  Ummm... What?

No one actually thinks what you claim here...

Exactly. I'm not laying my soul on anyone.  I just desperately want a young QB that can give me a glimmer of hope.  There is nothing about McCown that gives me hope. 

The franchise destroyed any "hope" I had going into this season when they blew up the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×