WT-you know what -I can't get sleep, I am still too mad

JohnnyLV

26 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Oh boy. 

Passing on Watson at 6 is another blown NFL draft here. Watson leads the NFL in TD passes and many including myself wanted him on the Jets as we needed a QB on draft day and still need one today. 

Mike Maccagnan this in on you. 

I was a fan of Watson during draft season. This probably sounds like an apologist but Mac was not the only GM to pass on Watson.

Cleveland, Chicago traded up to take another QB, 49ers, Jaguars, Chargers, Chiefs traded up to take another QB and the Bills traded down.

It happens every season. A QB drops, Wilson, Prescott. 

It's not just the Jets. It's an NFL problem trying to identify QB prospects.

Good for Watson, but I can care less about him now since he's never going to be a Jet

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I was a fan of Watson during draft season. This probably sounds like an apologist but Mac was not the only GM to pass on Watson.

Cleveland, Chicago traded up to take another QB, 49ers, Jaguars, Chargers, Chiefs traded up to take another QB and the Bills traded down.

It happens every season. A QB drops, Wilson, Prescott. 

It's not just the Jets. It's an NFL problem trying to identify QB prospects.

Good for Watson, but I can care less about him now since he's never going to be a Jet

Sad part is the Jets desperately needed a QB when we passed on Watson, so the consolation prize is Josh McCown is that really a good GM. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad part is the Jets desperately needed a QB when we passed on Watson, so the consolation prize is Josh McCown is that really a good GM. 

But that's what I am saying. Browns, 49er's, Jaguars, Bills, and Bears are or were in desperate need of a QB and passed on Watson. Bears took Trubisky. Would you rather have Watson? I guess it wasn't a slam dunk on Watson or he would have been taken earlier.

NFL in general doesn't know how to scout QB prospects.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Boohoohoo....it was one freakin' play - how about this - leading 14-0, how about all them high draft picks on defense and the supposed guru of d stop Brady?

**** off dude. The jets were up 14-0 and were going in for another score when the refs stepped in and picked up a sure-fire helmet to helmet hit against the pats. Then they gifted gronk a defensive PI when he was the one initiating contact. Then they said a TD was in fact a touchback because the ball was fumbled without ever leaving ASJ's person.

It's fun to play the macho old-schooled guy on the internet, but at the end of the day, the Jets were good enough to beat the pats. You're allowed to be pissed that the Jets weren't good enough to additionally beat the refs.

23 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

**** off dude. The jets were up 14-0 and were going in for another score when the refs stepped in and picked up a sure-fire helmet to helmet hit against the pats. Then they gifted gronk a defensive PI when he was the one initiating contact. Then they said a TD was in fact a touchback because the ball was fumbled without ever leaving ASJ's person.

It's fun to play the macho old-schooled guy on the internet, but at the end of the day, the Jets were good enough to beat the pats. You're allowed to be pissed that the Jets weren't good enough to additionally beat the refs.

losers whine.

Archived