Vladimir Putin - Patriots SB Ring Thief???

The Gun Of Bavaria

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/29/putin.ring.ap/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Was it a big misunderstanding, or simply a generous gift when Russian President Vladimir Putin made off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring?

Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg last Saturday, according to Russian news reports, Kraft showed his 4.94-carat, diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring to the Russian president, who tried it on, then put it in his pocket and left.

It was not immediately clear whether Kraft, whose business interests also include paper and packaging companies and venture capital investments, intended for Putin to keep the ring.

Stacey James, a spokesman for the football team owner, said he was still traveling in Europe and unavailable for comment.

"I've seen the story, and I've gotten other calls," James said Tuesday. "I wish I could confirm it, but I just don't have any way to."

Yevgeniy Khorishko, a spokesman at the Russian embassy in Washington, said he had no information about the matter.

A Kremlin spokesman on Wednesday refused to comment.

Tokens given to the Russian president normally are kept in the state treasury, but in this case the Super Bowl ring has been deposited in the Kremlin library, according to a report in Kommersant, a leading Russian business newspaper.

Kraft handed out Super Bowl rings to players and coaches during a gathering at his home two weeks ago. The team wouldn't say how much each ring is worth, other than it costs more than $15,000. The Patriots have won three of the last four Super Bowls.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/29/putin.ring.ap/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Was it a big misunderstanding, or simply a generous gift when Russian President Vladimir Putin made off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring?

Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg last Saturday, according to Russian news reports, Kraft showed his 4.94-carat, diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring to the Russian president, who tried it on, then put it in his pocket and left.

It was not immediately clear whether Kraft, whose business interests also include paper and packaging companies and venture capital investments, intended for Putin to keep the ring.

Stacey James, a spokesman for the football team owner, said he was still traveling in Europe and unavailable for comment.

"I've seen the story, and I've gotten other calls," James said Tuesday. "I wish I could confirm it, but I just don't have any way to."

Yevgeniy Khorishko, a spokesman at the Russian embassy in Washington, said he had no information about the matter.

A Kremlin spokesman on Wednesday refused to comment.

Tokens given to the Russian president normally are kept in the state treasury, but in this case the Super Bowl ring has been deposited in the Kremlin library, according to a report in Kommersant, a leading Russian business newspaper.

Kraft handed out Super Bowl rings to players and coaches during a gathering at his home two weeks ago. The team wouldn't say how much each ring is worth, other than it costs more than $15,000. The Patriots have won three of the last four Super Bowls.

Nice to see the mods read the board before posting. :shock:

Go have another friggn' donut. :wink:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5067

Tx:

DO NOT BLAST THE MODS.

That is our job. Is that clear?

I didn't read the whole story, did Kraft get the ring back?

If not, will he just bill Leon Hess' estate for the replacement cost?

Nice to see the mods read the board before posting. :shock:

Go have another friggn' donut. :wink:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5067

Tx:

DO NOT BLAST THE MODS.

That is our job. Is that clear?

I didn't read the whole story, did Kraft get the ring back?

If not, will he just bill Leon Hess' estate for the replacement cost?

Archived