A-10 Thunderbolt II

Alk

A-10 is incapable of Mach flight and is built to loiter in the battlefield area and destroy armor. It's extremely maneuverable and feared by its enemy. Everything about it, from engines, to hydraulics, has redundancy.

Finally !! Good job G.O.B.

The Warthog is the baddest plane ever made. Discuss...

A-10_800.jpg

This is a cool thread. The A-10 has always been my favorite fighter plane.

They did a fly over at a Jets game one year, 3 of them in formation. Sooo badass.

You don't want to be on the other end of that gatling gun.

Just had the pleasure of seeing about 6 of these things roaring overhead today. Freakin' awesome!! :headbang:

I hate you. Coolest thing we ever had fly over us were a couple of F-15Es going to some airshow in Longford - it was amazing, we heard this roaring noise, looked out, and saw the two planes flying pretty low over the hill in front of us.

Usually all we get are the occasional dinky little IAC helicopter.

I hate you. Coolest thing we ever had fly over us were a couple of F-15Es going to some airshow in Longford - it was amazing, we heard this roaring noise, looked out, and saw the two planes flying pretty low over the hill in front of us.

Usually all we get are the occasional dinky little IAC helicopter.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in this thread or not but they have what's called a "hog roast" every year here. There's a bombing range about 5 miles west of here and they have a competition to see who's the most accurate. I haven't been out to the range to see it but they always circle over here when they're making thair runs.

comparing an f22 to an a10 is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Crown Victoria Police Cruiser. Yeh the Ferrari is undoubtedly faster but way more pricey and I would imagine way less reliable. An A-10 is durable, can be basically ripped apart by gunfire and still remain air-worthy like the great bombers in WWII. An F22 i doubt can say the same. both are excellent, i preferr the rumbly warthog

Agreed. The A-10 is my all-time favorite. And I used to be REALLY into fighter planes. It is the most menacing looking plane ever built. The F-14 is a VERY close second though, followed by the FA-18 Super Hornet, the F-16, F-15, and i always like the ugly ass A4 for some reason even though its more of a bomber.

The SR-71 Blackbird is amazing too, although its a surveillance plane. Hard to believe it came out over 40 years ago and still holds speed and altitude records. Way before its time. Interesting side note - 12 of the 32 built were destroyed in accidents. It flew from Palmdale, CA to Chantily, VA in just over 68 minutes.

And the F-22 Raptor is just on another level. Nothing is even close to it.

Archived