A-10 Thunderbolt II

Alk

We've had a pair of them cruising overhead pretty much all afternoon. I about drove off the road watching the damn things. :lol:

i almost did the same thing the other day but it was a model plane that this guy was flying the hell out of... is there a base by your house?? i know when i was in college in Minnesota we went to Bismark, North Dakota to play ball and there was a HUGE base there ive never seen so many humvees in my life in one spot there must of been a convoy of 50-60 that drove by the field

i almost did the same thing the other day but it was a model plane that this guy was flying the hell out of... is there a base by your house?? i know when i was in college in Minnesota we went to Bismark, North Dakota to play ball and there was a HUGE base there ive never seen so many humvees in my life in one spot there must of been a convoy of 50-60 that drove by the field

We don't have a huge base here but there is a bombing range fairly close and the city I work in has one of the longest airstrips in the US.

The A-10 shouldn't need too long of a runway though, should it? They used to build the Tomcats at Grumman by my grandfather's house on Long Island.

No the A-10 doesn't but alot of the other military planes flying in and out of here do.

The rounds in that gatlin gun are almost as big as Budweiser bottles. and they're packed with depleted uranium. do you know what that means? that means it's bad news for the bad guys :lol:

****pit hahaha! I said c o c k pit damnit!!! \:D/

is surrounded with a bath tub of titanium.

Good thread Alk!!:cool0043:

The Warthog is the baddest plane ever made. Discuss...

A-10_800.jpg

No Alk. Despite it's muscled looks, it's not THE baddest plane ever made. I worked on Harriers, Hornets, and helicopters in the Marines, and I'm still an an F.A.A. certified mechanic working on aircraft to this day.

The baddest by FAR is the Air Force F-22 Raptor.

AIR_F-22_10-Oc_Over_Mountains_lg.jpg

They've run exercises with as many as SIX top line F-15 fighters with combat experienced pilots up against a single F-22, and the Raptor is yet to lose.

Why? Even with their sophisticated radar systems, they still cannot see their adversary, and even when they do, it's too late. It has more thrust, speed, and maneuverability than ANY plane flying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSQ_6YyoHc

As far as the A-10, it is a formidable attack platform, but with an enemy fighter in the air...it's a dead duck.

DAM TWIN ENGINES!!!! what does that thing do Mach 10 lol

It's one of the slowest planes out there. That Vulcan is kick ass though. When they're at the range, you hear the pbbbbllltttt of it firing and then a couple of second later you can hear the rounds hitting the target.

The A-10 shouldn't need too long of a runway though, should it? They used to build the Tomcats at Grumman by my grandfather's house on Long Island.

My friend's dad worked there and we used to take our cars out on the runway and they'd hit us with the radar to see how fast they could go.

Ever sit there and think....man...itfeels like somebody is staring at me...like a sixth sense....yeah, I had that happen one time when I was stationed in Turkey working as an Air Force cop. We were told earlier in the day that it was a "no fly" day which means no planes taking off, no planes landing. Inactive runway. Well on that particular day I was working a flight line patrol and decided to park my truck not on the runway (obviously) but on a portion of the taxi area. Well, when that "somebody is staring at me feeling" hits, I look around and see nothing. Look in my rear view mirror, and there's an A-10parked behind me trying to get on to the runway......yeah, I felt like a schmuck.

Also got to see em do some live firing and those things are awesome.

No Alk. Despite it's muscled looks, it's not THE baddest plane ever made. I worked on Harriers, Hornets, and helicopters in the Marines, and I'm still an an F.A.A. certified mechanic working on aircraft to this day.

The baddest by FAR is the Air Force F-22 Raptor.

AIR_F-22_10-Oc_Over_Mountains_lg.jpg

They've run exercises with as many as SIX top line F-15 fighters with combat experienced pilots up against a single F-22, and the Raptor is yet to lose.

Why? Even with their sophisticated radar systems, they still cannot see their adversary, and even when they do, it's too late. It has more thrust, speed, and maneuverability than ANY plane flying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSQ_6YyoHc

As far as the A-10, it is a formidable attack platform, but with an enemy fighter in the air...it's a dead duck.

Looks like a bad bondo job. Send that thing in for some wet-sanding and a re-spray.

Actually it is kinda slow i believe, made for taking out tanks and ground targets.

dam i guess you can really never judge a book by it cover... i got to sit in on of these when i was like 8.. my dad had to take a couple astronuats to the airport where they where stationed and they gave us a tour and stuff it was pretty cool.. what kind of planes are those??

s_blue-angels-jets.jpg

dam i guess you can really never judge a book by it cover... i got to sit in on of these when i was like 8.. my dad had to take a couple astronuats to the airport where they where stationed and they gave us a tour and stuff it was pretty cool.. what kind of planes are those??

s_blue-angels-jets.jpg

FA-18 Hornets

• 4 months later...

Archived