The Pats Cheated

JonEJet

Never will happen. The NFL doesnt want that stain, so they will never do it. There's a reason why the destroyed all evidence. Clearly they wanted to push this under the rug.

The Patriots and BB cheated the game. Their integrity will always be questioned, by players, fans, coaches, media...you name it. But the NFL isnt going to strip them of their trophies.

Alas you are probably right...But I still believe its what should happen...The commish also downplayed it by only fining the organization a 1st round pick and $250K. I know Bellicheat got fined $500K, but the organization fine should have been at least that, and they should have lost their first roind pick for more than a year.....

Alas you are probably right...But I still believe its what should happen...The commish also downplayed it by only fining the organization a 1st round pick and $250K. I know Bellicheat got fined $500K, but the organization fine should have been at least that, and they should have lost their first roind pick for more than a year.....

...unless what the league found out in their investigation was that every team in the league had a similar cheating apparatus in place, forcing the league to essentially eat the tapes and throw a nominal series of fines at the Pats organization lest someone actually come out and reveal just how prevalent this supposed cheating was/is.

...unless what the league found out in their investigation was that every team in the league had a similar cheating apparatus in place, forcing the league to essentially eat the tapes and throw a nominal series of fines at the Pats organization lest someone actually come out and reveal just how prevalent this supposed cheating was/is.

There's a reach. You really think there was some thorough league investigation?

:rl:

The biggest fine in NFL history is "nominal?" You're sounding like a Pats fan Tom.

And 20 years from now people will have no problem with Barry Bonds being the home run king. :rolleyes:

Patriots cheated for an entire decade, if Goodell ever really got into how severe it was the league would have been turned up side down, coaches got fired, players got cut, gamblers lost fortunes on Belicheat's crooked ways.

Goodell had a BBQ with those tapes for a reason. If it were no "Big Deal" as these poor sap patsie fans like to believe then there wouldn't have been a Nixonian cover-up.

Completely untrue.

This is a myth that Pats fans have been desperately clinging to. You don't get docked 1st round draft picks for illegal camera usage. You don't get hit with the largest fine in league history for camera usage.

As long as the Pats fail to win a title with Brady and BB since being caught there will be a major stain on their legacy and the question of their championship legitimacy will always be valid. Not to mention that Brady's stats in the postseason specifically have been horrid since they were caught. They are 2-3 in postseason games and Brady has performed poorly in 4 of those 5 games. Coincidence? Maybe.

But I also love how when it comes to this one issue, Pats fans suddenly forget that they have anointed their coach as a genius and try to pretend they are more knowledgable than their hero by ignoring a simple fact - there is no way Belichick would have done this for so long if he didn't feel he gained a significant competitive advantage from it.

In the four years since they were caught, not one Pats fan has ever addressed this and one other simple reality - if, as they claim, "everybody does it" then why has not only no one else been caught, but no one else has been so much as accused of doing this? The closest they come to addressing this is by pointing out that Jimmy Johnson, Bill Belichick's offseason fishing buddy, claimed that "everybody does it." No, Jimmy Johnson wouldn't lie to protect his friend. :rolleyes:

I'll take Marshall Faulk's word over anyone else's. I'll also take Kurt Warner's word over anyone else's. Both of them felt there was something odd that happened that day.

Even over their coach's words? :rolleyes:

Riddle me this Klecko.....is it illegal to steal signals? No.

The law the Patriots 'technically' broke. They did video tape, but did aid them during the game? It is not like that law is black and white, it is gray.

"Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

The Patriots were fined for using that video camera.

Of course there was a benefit to it. Why do all coaches review game film of their opponents? To gather information that might help them. Do all players and coaches review film in order to pick-up tendencies? Yes. Do team try to steal signals? Yes.

The Patriots were guilty of using a video recording device. That is it.

Archived