Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG WTF THIS FO SHOULD'VE HAD BRAYLON

Yes we shouldve. Instead we sign a geriatric WR with a gimpy ankle who's only been healthy enough for 4 reps all of training camp. The Jets dropped the ball.

At this juncture Braylon Edwards ( who only signed for a mere Milly) is a better option than Plexiglass. Some upgrade @ WR he is.

Braylon-Mason-Holmes>>>>>>>>>>Plexiglass-Mason-Holmes.

So will Cheddar Bob ever see the field? Or did we throw $3M out the door?

What a bitch.

Rex said if this were the regular season, Plax would be playing on Monday. So I'm thinking this probably isn't a season ending injury we're looking at here.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could have given him a one year deal for the same price! $3M would have done it.

Now listening to the media trash this move :(

People keep saying this. Can you provide a source or link to back that? For all we know, the Jets offered 3 to 4 mill but Braylon was insulted or whatever, took to the open market, found there was no market, and was forced to sign a similar (or possibly even poorer) contract with the niners.

What a bitch.

Rex said if this were the regular season, Plax would be playing on Monday. So I'm thinking this probably isn't a season ending injury we're looking at here.

Do i always believe what Rex says. The answer is NO. I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

I wish Plax has a 1000 yards plus season. But right of the bat its not looking too good.

People keep saying this. Can you provide a source or link to back that? For all we know, the Jets offered 3 to 4 mill but Braylon was insulted or whatever, took to the open market, found there was no market, and was forced to sign a similar (or possibly even poorer) contract with the niners.

Can you provide a link to back that up ?

We could have given him a one year deal for the same price! $3M would have done it.

I wanted Braylon back as well, but this is getting ridiculous. There is ZERO evidence whatsoever that Braylon would have come back for anything close to what he signed with the 49ers for or even what Plax signed with the Jets for. All reports at the time they were talking to him were that Braylon was looking for a multi-year deal worth nearly as much as what they gave Holmes. It was also reported at one point that the Jets actually DID offer him a one year deal worth a good bit more than what he got, but he turned it down. Then Jets walked away from the table, which it wasn't until after that when Braylon realized there was not nearly the interest in him out there that he thought and just took what he could get.

I can get wanting Braylon over Plax, but using this as a reason is just an attempt to search for justification to the stance you've already decided on, because a sprained ankle doesn't have anything to do with it. I mean, everyone here realizes that Braylon's TC in SF is going about the same as Plax's is here, right?

Rex pleaded with him to take less money, he would not.

He wanted more than $3M from us, and it's obvious.

He shot himself in the leg, this year.

Can you provide a link to back that up ?

Edwards hit the open market and the best offer he could get from the 31 teams in the NFL who aren't the NY Jets was a 1yr/$1M offer with a bunch of unattainable incentives.

People need to face up to the fact that this guy's off field issues are serious. He's talented, but toxic. Jets replaced him with two veterans capable of the production he put up here the last two years.

I wanted Braylon back as well, but this is getting ridiculous. There is ZERO evidence whatsoever that Braylon would have come back for anything close to what he signed with the 49ers for or even what Plax signed with the Jets for. All reports at the time they were talking to him were that Braylon was looking for a multi-year deal worth nearly as much as what they gave Holmes. It was also reported at one point that the Jets actually DID offer him a one year deal worth a good bit more than what he got, but he turned it down. Then Jets walked away from the table, which it wasn't until after that when Braylon realized there was not nearly the interest in him out there that he thought and just took what he could get.

I can get wanting Braylon over Plax, but using this as a reason is just an attempt to search for justification to the stance you've already decided on, because a sprained ankle doesn't have anything to do with it. I mean, everyone here realizes that Braylon's TC in SF is going about the same as Plax's is here, right?

I miss him. :frown:

WHy do you people act as if Rex/Tanny are beyond criticism?

Nobody does, but a player getting hurt in training camp has absolutely nothing to do with another player that they didn't sign. Especially when that player is going through the same exact thing right now for another team. People are just using it an excuse to continue to pout about the same crap over and over again, which is what people have an issue with, far more so than any criticism of the Jets FO.

Archived