Plaxico getting MRI, won't play Monday

Morrissey

Ya OK, because I wanted a non-geriatric WR corps...

You don't want a rookie, either. You want nothing but your drunken Braylon doll. Everything else makes you cry incessantly.

ok... How is your AARP group working for you so far?

Tough to tell being that we haven't even had a preseason game yet. I'm not too concerned about Holmes/Mason/Kerley. That could prove to be an upgrade over last year. Once Plaxico hits the field, I think it'll definitely be an upgrade.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody does, but a player getting hurt in training camp has absolutely nothing to do with another player that they didn't sign. Especially when that player is going through the same exact thing right now for another team. People are just using it an excuse to continue to pout about the same crap over and over again, which is what people have an issue with, far more so than any criticism of the Jets FO.

When the player that gets hurt doing random drills is fresh out of the PEN after two years with NO FOOTBALL, I think its slightly different than signing a regular free agent and letting another walk. Hence the criticism. He's probably more versed on the intricacies of keeping his manhood than he is at running routes right now.

Edwards hit the open market and the best offer he could get from the 31 teams in the NFL who aren't the NY Jets was a 1yr/$1M offer with a bunch of unattainable incentives.

People need to face up to the fact that this guy's off field issues are serious. He's talented, but toxic. Jets replaced him with two veterans capable of the production he put up here the last two years.

I just find it ironic that the people who call Braylon toxic are the same ones who celebrate the signing of a player who spent the better part of last 2 years in JAIL!

Edwards hit the open market and the best offer he could get from the 31 teams in the NFL who aren't the NY Jets was a 1yr/$1M offer with a bunch of unattainable incentives.

People need to face up to the fact that this guy's off field issues are serious. He's talented, but toxic. Jets replaced him with two veterans capable of the production he put up here the last two years.

This is true, but Plax's ankle is very serious for the Jets. It appears to be chronic. He had the same problems with the Giants. Don't think getting years older is going to help.

I wanted Plax here but as depth, not a starter. To much risk

I miss him. :frown:

I certainly get that. I was arguing Edwards over Holmes as much as anyone this offseason, and really wanted both back more than anything. But unfortunately that didn't happen, and now Plax is a Jet and Edwards a 49er. So what happens with him going forward is really unrelated to Edwards. I can get not agreeing with the decision, but there was clearly a lot more to the decision than the Jets simply preferring Plax as a player over Edwards, so I'm not so sure if he would've been brought back even if Plax wasn't signed.

WHy do you people act as if Rex/Tanny are beyond criticism?

Nobody is, but to say we could have had Braylon for $3M is ridiculous, he wanted way more from us, and he had a rude awakening when he tested teh market.

Dude could not swallow his pride, and stay here for what the league dictated he was worth.

I just find it ironic that the people who call Braylon toxic are the same ones who celebrate the signing of a player who spent the better part of last 2 years in JAIL!

Yeah, but you know what? I was one of the guys who really wanted Braylon resigned here! I wanted him signed before Cromartie. I made no bones about it.

The league thinks otherwise about the two players. Plaxico was fielding offers, and the Jets felt compelled to put a guaranteed contract in front of him to bring him here. The rest of the league has determined Braylon's toxicity. I'm just reporting it. This guy has world class god-given ability, is in the prime of his career, and the best he could do on the open market was a 1yr/$1M offer. You want a comparison for that? How's this: Chansi Stuckey signed a 2yr/$3.5M contract. Think about it.

I'll be very interested in Braylon once he checks himself into rehab.

Ahh so you want proof but your counterpoint is based on guesses and speculation. Nice! :)

That wasn't meant to be a counterpoint. That's just one other surmise one can guess at without any concrete proof. IF you would like another, how about "for all we know, Rex Ryan might have pissed in Braylon's Wheaties and that's why he went to the 9ers." I can go on and on. All I'm saying is it's completely illogical to state we could've signed Braylon for the same money without any evidence to back that up.

Ahh so you want proof but your counterpoint is based on guesses and speculation. Nice! :)

I think it was pretty clear he was throwing out a hypothetical to point out that there is actually no proof whatsoever to this constantly repeated theory that the Jets could have easily signed Braylon for a cheap one year deal, and that it's just as likely another situation with absolutely no evidence to it whatsoever occurred as the one people keep trying to repeat and want accepted as fact.

Although there were reports at the time that the Jets had discussed a lower dollar, shorter term deal with Braylon at one point but he wasn't interested, but I'm sure those are buried far down on some beat writers twitter by now.

Yeah, but you know what? I was one of the guys who really wanted Braylon resigned here! I wanted him signed before Cromartie. I made no bones about it.

The league thinks otherwise about the two players. Plaxico was fielding offers, and the Jets felt compelled to put a guaranteed contract in front of him to bring him here. The rest of the league has determined Braylon's toxicity. I'm just reporting it. This guy has world class god-given ability, is in the prime of his career, and the best he could do on the open market was a 1yr/$1M offer. You want a comparison for that? How's this: Chansi Stuckey signed a 2yr/$3.5M contract. Think about it.

LOL. Holy sh*t.

I'm with you 100% on this. I wanted Braylon over Holmes too. I don't understand how people can't see that there is clearly something going on with him that we just don't know about based on the overwhelming lack of interest in him on the open market.

The only reason a 27-year-old receiver with Braylon's size and talent doesn't get a mega-deal is because teams see him as too big a risk. Why is he such a risk? Is it drinking? Is he a locker room cancer? I don't know but there is clearly something that kept teams away from him.

I'm with you 100% on this. I wanted Braylon over Holmes too. I don't understand how people can't see that there is clearly something going on with him that we just don't know about based on the overwhelming lack of interest in him on the open market.

The only reason a 27-year-old receiver with Braylon's size and talent doesn't get a mega-deal is because teams see him as too big a risk. Why is he such a risk? Is it drinking? Is he a locker room cancer? I don't know but there is clearly something that kept teams away from him.

Me too.

once again slats I was right there with you on that one but after a while determined that there had to be something going on with that guy-something we weren't privy to and I guess I was right-maybe it's an alcohol problem, maybe it's the guys he's hanging out with, I suspect we'll soon find out-sooner than later.

that's funny Joe-we posted almost the same thing at the same time

That wasn't meant to be a counterpoint. That's just one other surmise one can guess at without any concrete proof. IF you would like another, how about "for all we know, Rex Ryan might have pissed in Braylon's Wheaties and that's why he went to the 9ers." I can go on and on. All I'm saying is it's completely illogical to state we could've signed Braylon for the same money without any evidence to back that up.

Thats the point. On one hand you demand proof and counter it with a surmise that is purely hypothetical!

Its not completely illogical. The JETS wanted him back. But at the end of the day the player ended up signing with another team for a low price.

Could it just be the FO screwed this up for whatever reason ?

I think it was pretty clear he was throwing out a hypothetical to point out that there is actually no proof whatsoever to this constantly repeated theory that the Jets could have easily signed Braylon for a cheap one year deal, and that it's just as likely another situation with absolutely no evidence to it whatsoever occurred as the one people keep trying to repeat and want accepted as fact.

Although there were reports at the time that the Jets had discussed a lower dollar, shorter term deal with Braylon at one point but he wasn't interested, but I'm sure those are buried far down on some beat writers twitter by now.

At the end of the day JETS wanted to sign a player who was a key part of the offense last season. And they ended up not only not signing him but seeing him go to another team for a low price while the player they signed got a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons.

Did you FO screw up on this one ? You don't hear that. But instead all we get is bunch of hypothetical speculation that in many cases is passed around as fact!

Braylon wouldn't be a Jet today if he offered to play here for free, IMO. He was Kerry Rhodes'd.

BTW, Fan Poll!

Who will have the most catches this year:

A. Plaxico

B. Cotchery

C. Braylon

If Braylon plays a full 16 games (which IMO is in doubt) he will otherwise I'd put my $$ on Plaxico-Cotchery is going to be in the 35-40 range-if that

But its not like the league has never been wrong before!

At the end of the day JETS wanted to sign a player who was a key part of the offense last season. And they ended up not only not signing him but seeing him go to another team for a low price while the player they signed got a lot more guaranteed money and that player has not stepped on a football field for what like 3 seasons.

Did you FO screw up on this one ? You don't hear that. But instead all we get is bunch of hypothetical speculation that in many cases is passed around as fact!

Oh, you mean like the hypothetical speculation that Braylon would've signed that same contract, or anything close to it, with the Jets?

I don't get replies like this. Obviously, there IS cause for concern, so why act all sarcastic. This is very bad news... it means Mason could be our #2 and a rookie without a training camp could be #3.

Because I'm laughing at all the ridiculous over-reaction people have. I also assume that people running a football organization (a winning on as of the past 2-3 years meaning winning records) have a better idea of what to do than myself. If you want to continue being Francesa Jr., please continue.

Yes we shouldve. Instead we sign a geriatric WR with a gimpy ankle who's only been healthy enough for 4 reps all of training camp. The Jets dropped the ball.

At this juncture Braylon Edwards ( who only signed for a mere Milly) is a better option than Plexiglass. Some upgrade @ WR he is.

Braylon-Mason-Holmes>>>>>>>>>>Plexiglass-Mason-Holmes.

This is a giant assumption. Everyone assumes Edwards would've signed for X amount with the Jets. Obviously he tried holding the Jets hostage and taking a kings ransom which is why early on the Jets were saying they weren't going to pursue him. Then nobody bit on Braylon because well, he's Braylon. Then Braylon went out and proved many teams, and our teams, fear and got himself into a less than desirable situation. He took what he had to take at that point. Just stop and think about that for a second.

-Coming off a good season

-Thin WR Market

-Could get paid

-Acts like a jerk-off and gets into a bar fight

-Outcasted to San Fran and taking a contract that's worth sh*t

Yup. I definitely want him on my team. Additionally he's like Kerry Rhodes v2.0. It's obvious Rex wants guys who want to play football which is why I was left scratching my head over the Nnamdi thing but whatever.

I reserve my judgment for the season and production there. I have my concerns about Plax, I'm not going to overreact.

Think about this logically. The NY media lives to kill front offices. If the Jets legitimately lost Braylon by offering him less than the 49ers (not really possible since he is ostensibly playing for the vet minimum) than they would be killing Tanny right now. But they're not, are they?

Oh, you mean like the hypothetical speculation that Braylon would've signed that same contract, or anything close to it, with the Jets?

Nice way to deflect. All we know is this:

Whatever the reason it does not make the FO look really great right now with these moves!

If they were not interested at all that would be another thing. But given they were clearly interested and still the player get away to another team for small money does not look like a good job!

I was one of the bigger Braylon supporters, at least over Holmes. I'm still not too in love with Holmes but it's just clear as day that Braylon's issues are huge and nobody in the league is willing to roll the dice on him with any real money.

It's all going to be on Sanchez anyway. Yesterday I watched Vick throwing pinpoint lasers to nobodies. Just carved the Ravens right up. I know it's preseason, but still.

I was one of the bigger Braylon supporters, at least over Holmes. I'm still not too in love with Holmes but it's just clear as day that Braylon's issues are huge and nobody in the league is willing to roll the dice on him with any real money.

It's all going to be on Sanchez anyway. Yesterday I watched Vick throwing pinpoint lasers to nobodies. Just carved the Ravens right up. I know it's preseason, but still.

I'm mentally hugging you right now. Don't fight it.

Think about this logically. The NY media lives to kill front offices. If the Jets legitimately lost Braylon by offering him less than the 49ers (not really possible since he is ostensibly playing for the vet minimum) than they would be killing Tanny right now. But they're not, are they?

:face:

I did not say that!

Nice way to deflect. All we know is this:

Whatever the reason it does not make the FO look really great right now with these moves!

If they were not interested at all that would be another thing. But given they were clearly interested and still the player get away to another team for small money does not look like a good job!

Did you just quote yourself to make a point?

Archived