Fred Jackson open to trade

Jetsfan80

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-23/buffalo-bills-team-report-fred-jackson-open-to-trade

Buffalo Bills team report: Fred Jackson open to trade

Rodney McKissic

Sporting News

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Fred Jackson wasn't pleased when he was informed that C.J. Spiller would be starting against the Denver Broncos in the second preseason game.

Jackson, nevertheless, wasn't on the bench for long, yet remains irritated about the decision. "I feel like a No. 1 back, and I should be treated like one," he said.

Jackson has a point because he's been the team's most consistent back over the last two seasons. In 2009, he led the Bills with 1,062 yards rushing, and he had 46 catches for 371 yards receiving in 11 starts.

When asked about a trade Jackson said, "If that's an avenue I have to take, I would definitely be open to it."

Meanwhile, Spiller has yet to justify being the No. 9 overall pick in 2010 and some have even compared him to Reggie Bush, meaning he's not an every down back.

Perhaps, Jackson isn't the one who should be seeking a way out of town.

Notes: One of the problems with the Bills offense is the shuffling of the line like a corner hustler playing three-card monte. Andy Levitre rotated between left guard and left tackle with the first team, which left him playing for guard Chad Rinehart and Demetrius Bell for some snaps and alongside them on others. The starting offensive line, their biggest weak spot and primary concern going into the season, struggled again against Denver. Levitre has been shuffled around for the past two weeks after opening training camp as the starter, and Bell's problems in Denver contributed to the latest move.

If I was the Bills, I'd trade Jackson and stockpile some picks and use it on my craptastic o-line. Then again this is the Bills and they haven't addressed their o-line for years.

They actually have. A couple years ago they used their 2nd and 3rd round picks on Levitre and Wood (thus prompting the lame joke they took Levitre and then got Wood :rolleyes: ). There problem isn't that they don't try and address they're issues, it's that they suck at evaluating players to fill those needs.

If I was the Bills, I'd trade Jackson and stockpile some picks and use it on my craptastic o-line. Then again this is the Bills and they haven't addressed their o-line for years.

Let them keep their unhappy player, and never upgrade... bad enough it took a decade to make the AFC East a 2 horse race, no need for either the Phags or Jills to see the light.

Archived