Vlad.

JetsFanInDenver

Tonite's game did not see him give up any sacks or any penalties. Seemed to open up a huge gap on that goaline TD play.

Seems to have come a long way from the first pre-season game!

I had to watch the game at a bar...didn't get to focus on him as much as I would have liked to. Definitely curious to hear any other thoughts about his performance. He is really a key to this roster. If they have confidence in him the waiver process won't be crazy after final cuts. If they don't have confidence in him and have to bring and OLineman along that would shake things up.

The 2nd line as a whole seemed to do well last night. Plus I am hearing that Rob Turner will be back according to the original timeline so they might be okay in this regard.

I had to watch the game at a bar...didn't get to focus on him as much as I would have liked to. Definitely curious to hear any other thoughts about his performance. He is really a key to this roster. If they have confidence in him the waiver process won't be crazy after final cuts. If they don't have confidence in him and have to bring and OLineman along that would shake things up.

The 2nd line as a whole seemed to do well last night. Plus I am hearing that Rob Turner will be back according to the original timeline so they might be okay in this regard.

He did a decent job, and definitely blew a hole on the TD run.

I have confidence in Mangold, Brick, and Hunter. If he's sandwiched between those guys at either guard spot, I fully expect him to be able to hold his own. At this point, I'd probably still be concerned about him covering the RT position, but I do think that's where his future still resides.

I have confidence in Mangold, Brick, and Hunter. If he's sandwiched between those guys at either guard spot, I fully expect him to be able to hold his own. At this point, I'd probably still be concerned about him covering the RT position, but I do think that's where his future still resides.

It is a good point, everyone is down on Vlad because of his early play mainly at RT. As a guard he has been better. Hunter and Turner have been staples as backups for the past few years. With neither of them backing up right now...hopefully Vlad and some of the other kids step up. I am not quite sure any of us are ready to see Matt Kroul at guard.

Although I have been impressed with Robbie Felix at Center. I would imagine that he could play guard as well. So like you said Slats...it really does shake out with Vlad being the backup at tackle. Hope Brick and Hunter stay healthy -- that is the best game plan!

Although I have been impressed with Robbie Felix at Center. I would imagine that he could play guard as well. So like you said Slats...it really does shake out with Vlad being the backup at tackle. Hope Brick and Hunter stay healthy -- that is the best game plan!

I think Vlad's gonna be the first OL off the bench for the G or T spots, and that he'll get a lot of playing time as an eligible receiver in their jumbo packages. He really just needs the experience. This is a kid with all the raw materials. He's the biggest OL the Jets have, and a natural athlete. We've seen what Callahan can do with lesser prospects. I expect him to become a very good player.

I agree with you, Slats. I have more faith in Vlad at G than RT because of Mangold and Turner (WTF, BTW. R Turner goes down and WHunter has to take his hothead role?). I'm concerned with Vlad at RT right now and hope they sign a vet as backup. Felix at backup C I'm fine with.

I agree with you, Slats. I have more faith in Vlad at G than RT because of Mangold and Turner (WTF, BTW. R Turner goes down and WTurner has to take his hothead role?). I'm concerned with Vlad at RT right now and hope they sign a vet as backup. Felix at backup C I'm fine with.

Psssst... Wayne's last name is Hunter, not Turner. :-P

If he turns out to be Robert Gallery 2.0, I could live with that as a 2nd round pick (as opposed to a top-5 pick at least).

Archived