GREAT Pennington Interview!!

JOJOTOWNSELL

Like I said, this was more a out an entertaining, candid interview more than chads playing skills.......BUT......no one here thinks chad got done super dirty by mike t in the whole favre ordeal!?

I don't really give a sh**. He got a $64 million deal in the Herm era. He deserves no sympathy.

Like I said, this was more a out an entertaining, candid interview more than chads playing skills.......BUT......no one here thinks chad got done super dirty by mike t in the whole favre ordeal!?

Not even slightly. He was a very mediocre, highly overpaid player who was replaced. He wasn't earning his pay or doing it to an acceptable level of his employer and lost his job because of it. That's the way the world works. The team didn't even make the slightest bit of effort to stop him from acquiring a new job with a division rival, so what exactly was even slightly dirty about that? How should the Jets have handled the situation differently, promised not to do anything at the QB position until Chadwick's contract expired?

Mark Sanchez wins playoff games >>>>> Freeman can't beat teams with good defenses.

Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Freeman.

Last year you were fellating Chad Henne. You're going to suffer the same fate on this one pal.

Perfect for this thread. So Pennington was a good Qb because he won a couple of road games in the playoffs.

Got it.

Carry on.

JiF

Undergrad: BS in Trike Freestyling

Masters in Surfing

Doctorate in Trolling

<3

It's true, all those years toiling in anonymity trying to be a good jets fans and talk good football, when he could've went troll 10 and became a message board celebrity much sooner

It's true, all those years toiling in anonymity trying to be a good jets fans and talk good football, when he could've went troll 10 and became a message board celebrity much sooner

Those were the "awkward years" where he was growing into this troll-dome. Now he's filled out quite nicely. I applaud it.

Chad Pennington was the epitome of "taking what the defense gives you". The problem is the Defense is giving it to you for a reason. Most NFL defenses give some part of the field up because they are not good enough as an entire unit or don't have the playmakers or coaching to force the action, so they essentially "give up" whatever they feel will hurt them the least. Chad was the king of taking whatever they gave up. The problem was Chad never would or could force the action. Eventually against a top tier D or even an aggressive D the QB needs to play right into the teeth of the defense and force the issue. As good as Chad was at picking up the easy meat, he was horrible at forcing the defense to conform to what he wanted to do. Defenses with top tier playmakers, especially at Safety and CB, would just stack the box with 8 men, cover the outlet receiver tightly, and watch Chad crumple. Chad was like a computer that would just fry up and freeze when the "smart play" was not there anymore, hence why he always sucked in the plahyoffs and against top Defenses. He was the most frustrating player to watch because he could make himself look good against the mediocre teams in the NFL, but he was never, EVER, going to get an NFL team over the hump against the top teams. Period. You could point to every stat in the book but that is the bottom line with him. Mark Sanchez may not be as "smart" as Chad with always taking the easy play, but he is willing to go for the big play even when it might not look like it's there and let his playmakers make plays for him.

Put it this way-It's 3rd and 10, the defense rolls the safety over to Plaxico's side to try and take him out of the play. Ladanian is running a short out route that the defense allows and plays contain to swarm to him if the pass heads his way, limiting his yards. Chad thros that pass to Ladanian every single time and hopes maybe he'll break 3 tackles for the first down because Plax is strategically taken out of the play by the safety rolling to him. Sanchez on the other hand will make the throw to Plax and try to put the ball where only Plax can get it. He will try to let his playmaker make the play and beat what the D is trying to take away. He attacks the defense. Sometimes in football you have to have that "attack" mentality as a QB. Chad never did.

Like i said, forget about Chads playing skills and shortcomings! I follow sports media and wouldnt be shocked at all if this guys is sitting at ESPN'S, FOX, or CBS big boy table with the Boomers and Terry Bradshaws of the world. HE knew his stuff, presented it in a very vannila way, and wasnt afraid to add his opinion to the mix!

he will have a great career as a broadcaster, true natural!

Pennington was in the midst of his best training camp when the Jets let him go for Favre.....he then proceeded to make nfl history by taking a 1-15 Dolphins team and making them 11-5 to win the division. He is the most accurate passer in NFL history,...yeah, he was garbage LOL!!

We need neg rep back.

Pennington was in the midst of his best training camp when the Jets let him go for Favre.....he then proceeded to make nfl history by taking a 1-15 Dolphins team and making them 11-5 to win the division. He is the most accurate passer in NFL history,...yeah, he was garbage LOL!!

Is that the same year Brady was knocked out for the season in the first 5 minutes of Week 1, Favre got hurt later in the season, and the Dolphins played San Diego, San Fran, Oakland & Seattle at home while the Jets and Pats played those teams on the road? I think it was!

Like i said, forget about Chads playing skills and shortcomings! I follow sports media and wouldnt be shocked at all if this guys is sitting at ESPN'S, FOX, or CBS big boy table with the Boomers and Terry Bradshaws of the world. HE knew his stuff, presented it in a very vannila way, and wasnt afraid to add his opinion to the mix!

he will have a great career as a broadcaster, true natural!

I've said it many times - in his era, he was 2nd only to Peyton Manning in his position before the ball was snapped. Unfortunately, that doesn't include live reads or throwing - in which he was horsesh*t. So he nets out as a bad investment, which he certainly was. Then tie in the pathological, almost schizoid, personality disorder which tells him he is 50x better than he really is as a QB and you have the rest of the pain involved with this sh*thooks. I will have to turn the sound down when his mic is live as when is Penny critiquing any other player, he will certainly be doing it from where he perceives himself to be as a player, rather than the poser he really is.

I've said it many times - in his era, he was 2nd only to Peyton Manning in his position before the ball was snapped. Unfortunately, that doesn't include live reads or throwing - in which he was horsesh*t. So he nets out as a bad investment, which he certainly was. Then tie in the pathological, almost schizoid, personality disorder which tells him he is 50x better than he really is as a QB and you have the rest of the pain involved with this sh*thooks. I will have to turn the sound down when his mic is live as when is Penny critiquing any other player, he will certainly be doing it from where he perceives himself to be as a player, rather than the poser he really is.

was phil simms a great qb?? was trent dilfer a great qb!? that didnt stop them from being at the top of the broadcasting game

are you not able to listen to Boomer Esiason critique a player b/c he wasnt a hall of famer??

Archived