Everette Brown Passes Through Waivers

hoping4ASuperBowl

http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl/statuses/110840303556108288

per Rotoworld:Former Panthers DE Everette Brown passed through waivers unclaimed Monday and is now an unrestricted free agent.

Brown only had a $480K salary, so the league must know something about him we don't. The 43rd pick in the 2009 draft, Brown has flashed explosive rush ability but is a complete zero against the run. He needs to go to a 3-4 team.

Being an FSU fan I'd say yes. This guy was a beast at getting to the QB. If that's all they want he'd fit, not sure how his coverage skills were in Carolina. But then again if that's all they want, they would've kept Maybin.

I thought that Carolina was using him as a down lineman? I don't think they were asking him to cover at all.

Maybe an injury?

He's a little small, but personally I don't see any major issue with bringing him in if he's healthy and the Jets feel up to it.

Small? Doesn't he weigh 260? That is small for a DE, but for a LB that's good size even among the Jets freakishly large LBs.

$480k and no one put in a claim ?

if the jets wanted a situational 1 trick pony, they would have kept maybin

pass

This.

There's no reason to wait for the guy to clear waivers if that's his salary. The whole league decided he's not worth $480K. He should get himself a passport if he doesn't already have one. You need one to get into Canada nowadays.

Archived