Bill Belichick ESPN Special

lamont_jordan_rules

Will You Watch The Bill Belichick Special?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Watch The Bill Belichick Special?

• Yes, Know Thine Enemy
    • No, I'd Rather Be Intimate With Rosanne Barr, Oprah Winfrey and Kirstie Alley at the Same Time

Did anyone watch Part 1 last night? Thought it was pretty good especially when they showed BB talking about shutting down Keller/Cotchery before the Pats lost to the Jets in the Meadowlands. BB knew what the D had to do but they failed big time.

The most telling part was when BB said if defenses take away Randy deep and Welker underneath they are screwed. "We can't run, we can't pass to anyone else, we are done."

You could tell BB wasn't impressed with the 2009 edition of the Pats. Should be interesting to see Part 2 next week with the regular season losses to the Colts (4th & 2 game), Saints (arse whooping) & Dolphins (blowing a 13 point 3rd quarter lead).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't very happy with the beatdown the Ravens delivered in the playoffs!

I give it an overall "meh" Living in the area, I am somewhat privy to these "human" elements of BB....seeing him with his kid on gamedays, that silly Pats all access show on WBZ....anyway, I thought it was cool to get a glimps into the Brady/BB relationship. Enjoyed his ribbing of Welker...liked they way he broke down the upcoming games...(but honestly, an idiot -or someone partially dense as myself - could tell you that taking away Moss over the top and welker underneath would spell doom for that team) but the rest? Meh.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Derrick Mason may have been confused when reporters asked him earlier Friday about when Bill Belichick hurled profanities toward him during an exchange along the sidelines of a New England Patriots-Baltimore Ravens game two seasons ago.

Not anymore.

"Just saw that belichick video thing all u ppl are commenting about. He might As well called me boy! Lol total Disrespect," Mason, now with the New York Jets, tweeted on Friday afternoon from his verified account. "Had I said that to him, everyone would have been in a uproar! I have to much respect for the game to speck to a coach in that manner!"

In the NFL Network documentary, "Bill Belichick: A Football Life," which aired Thursday night, Belichick can be seen going off on Mason, then with the Ravens, after he hauled in a catch near the Patriots' sideline during a game in 2009.

"Oh, f--- you, Mason. Just f--- you," the Patriots head coach told Mason after the veteran said something to him. "Why don't we talk after the game, all right? Just shut the f--- up."

Mason then appears to laugh before Belichick says, "Can you look at the scoreboard?"

The Jets and Patriots will meet at Gillette Stadium in Week 5.

"I respect him because he's a very good head coach," Mason said Friday. "They won a bunch of games during those times, when they were allegedly, you know ... They won a bunch of games."

Mason's "you know" is understood to refer to Spygate, the incident in which Belichick and the Patriots were busted for illegal taping of Jets defensive signals in 2007.

"But nah, I respect Coach, he's a good coach," Mason said earlier. "But I will see him out there."

I have suddenly become a big fan of mr mason !!!!!!

Will watch only if they show his cheating ways. (they won't)

Are you kidding me - this whole show was developed and pitched, to try to further dispel the notion that he cheated from his "legacy".

I'm afraid to watch it tbh, afraid I'll come away from it respecting him.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Derrick Mason may have been confused when reporters asked him earlier Friday about when Bill Belichick hurled profanities toward him during an exchange along the sidelines of a New England Patriots-Baltimore Ravens game two seasons ago.

Not anymore.

"Just saw that belichick video thing all u ppl are commenting about. He might As well called me boy! Lol total Disrespect," Mason, now with the New York Jets, tweeted on Friday afternoon from his verified account. "Had I said that to him, everyone would have been in a uproar! I have to much respect for the game to speck to a coach in that manner!"

In the NFL Network documentary, "Bill Belichick: A Football Life," which aired Thursday night, Belichick can be seen going off on Mason, then with the Ravens, after he hauled in a catch near the Patriots' sideline during a game in 2009.

"Oh, f--- you, Mason. Just f--- you," the Patriots head coach told Mason after the veteran said something to him. "Why don't we talk after the game, all right? Just shut the f--- up."

Mason then appears to laugh before Belichick says, "Can you look at the scoreboard?"

The Jets and Patriots will meet at Gillette Stadium in Week 5.

"I respect him because he's a very good head coach," Mason said Friday. "They won a bunch of games during those times, when they were allegedly, you know ... They won a bunch of games."

Mason's "you know" is understood to refer to Spygate, the incident in which Belichick and the Patriots were busted for illegal taping of Jets defensive signals in 2007.

"But nah, I respect Coach, he's a good coach," Mason said earlier. "But I will see him out there."

I have suddenly become a big fan of mr mason !!!!!!

I told you guys Mason would grow on you. He's a surly dude, who has busted his a$$ his whole career... and the Ravens hate the Pats as much as the Jets do, them and the Steelers both consistently accused the Pats of cheating.

belichick-haters.jpg

Mmm.... not a bad looking GILF at all.

I love that 2 years ago for New Years Eve when my girlfriend and I decided last minute not to go out of town and had nothing to do, we went to a new Seafood Restaurant that had just opened by us for a late dinner. We sat, ate some oysters, had a couple cocktails... and in walks BB and his lady.

First off, she looks that good in person.

Second, he was wearing one of those snowboarder winter hats with the really long dreadlock-like tassles - Pats colors. He looked like a complete buffoon and I could only surmise that she made him wear it - or he wore it to not be recognized or something. But it was him.

They were seated straight across from us. Me, a die-hard Jets fan. My girlfriend, a die-hard Colts fan.

Some of the wait staff approached him to chat, mostly they were classy and didn't bother him for photos or autographs. Same way I would have handled it, if I were a fan. Throughout the meal I exchanged glances with him, he caught me checking her out at least once - and likewise I saw him peeping my girl. As men do. At the end of our meal, when we got up to leave he leaned back as though he was expecting us to come bother him. So I stopped for just a minute, smiled at him and his lady and quietly, and courteously said, "Wow. I wonder what an actual Patriots fan would have given for our table tonight." He smirked / smiled, and then I just said, "Happy News Years to you both." They both wished us a happy new year in return. I felt no need to talk trash at him, or announce my Jet fanliness... I felt it was more important to be respectful, and just sorta ponder that we had the best seat in the house... for a Pats fan. I made me laugh.

My favorite part of this little encounter is telling Patriots fans about it. Life-long ones, that would give their left arm to meet him. Heh.

I love that 2 years ago for New Years Eve when my girlfriend and I decided last minute not to go out of town and had nothing to do, we went to a new Seafood Restaurant that had just opened by us for a late dinner. We sat, ate some oysters, had a couple cocktails... and in walks BB and his lady.

Second, he was wearing one of those snowboarder winter hats with the really long dreadlock-like tassles - Pats colors. He looked like a complete buffoon and I could only surmise that she made him wear it - or he wore it to not be recognized or something. But it was him.

They were seated straight across from us. Me, a die-hard Jets fan. My girlfriend, a die-hard Colts fan.

Some of the wait staff approached him to chat, mostly they were classy and didn't bother him for photos or autographs. Same way I would have handled it, if I were a fan. Throughout the meal I exchanged glances with him, he caught me checking her out at least once - and likewise I saw him peeping my girl. As men do. At the end of our meal, when we got up to leave he leaned back as though he was expecting us to come bother him. So I stopped for just a minute, smiled at him and his lady and quietly, and courteously said, "Wow. I wonder what an actual Patriots fan would have given for our table tonight." He smirked / smiled, and then I just said, "Happy News Years to you both." They both wished us a happy new year in return. I felt no need to talk trash at him, or announce my Jet fanliness... I felt it was more important to be respectful, and just sorta ponder that we had the best seat in the house... for a Pats fan. I made me laugh.

My favorite part of this little encounter is telling Patriots fans about it. Life-long ones, that would give their left arm to meet him. Heh.

Good story.

Yeah, I wouldnt have bothered them either.

Oysters huh? Know wonder why you and the woman were in a hurry to leave.

belichick_fullsize.jpg?91c651f8

Are you kidding me - this whole show was developed and pitched, to try to further dispel the notion that he cheated from his "legacy".

I'm afraid to watch it tbh, afraid I'll come away from it respecting him.

You will.

I found it interesting how brutally honest he was. Especially, after you hear the rumors there were locker room issues after that season.

Some of the wait staff approached him to chat, mostly they were classy and didn't bother him for photos or autographs. Same way I would have handled it, if I were a fan. Throughout the meal I exchanged glances with him,

stopped reading right there... why you are righting about this encounter as if you are a supermarket romance novel authori don't know.. but I don't like it, not 1 bit

Archived