We get to see Drew Coleman this weekend

GREENBEAN

It would bring such a warm smile to my face to see Plax, Holmes, or anyone else for that matter, burn Drew Coleman for a TD or two on Sunday. He was a decent player for us but I sure would like For Sanchez to let him know just how angry he is for the Colts game in '09.

It would bring such a warm smile to my face to see Plax, Holmes, or anyone else for that matter, burn Drew Coleman for a TD or two on Sunday. He was a decent player for us but I sure would like For Sanchez to let him know just how angry he is for the Colts game in '09.

So based on this Coleman will noit be getting a standing O from the crowd??

He iced the game for them last week. He's got a knack for doing that.

I actually hate the Lowery trade. It's not that I think he's irreplaceable of course, but it's not like we helped our team this year by letting him go IMO. I don't even recall what we received in compensation other than it was an undisclosed future pick. Lowery is a decent ball player and does have a nose for the ball. Week one and he already sealed a game for the Jags. Say what u want about him. That's the fact right now. I'm sorry to see him go. hopefully the condition of the pick we get had something to do with him getting picks. He's off to a good start.

The Coleman/Mason matchup will be one to watch!

Tough, hopefully, Schotty prefers the Cumberland/Coleman matchup. Giant guy v tiny guy - too obvious for Schotty?

Painfully it will most likely take Schotty until the fourth quarter to see any mismatches. That would be nice to see though

I actually hate the Lowery trade. It's not that I think he's irreplaceable of course, but it's not like we helped our team this year by letting him go IMO. I don't even recall what we received in compensation other than it was an undisclosed future pick. Lowery is a decent ball player and does have a nose for the ball. Week one and he already sealed a game for the Jags. Say what u want about him. That's the fact right now. I'm sorry to see him go. hopefully the condition of the pick we get had something to do with him getting picks. He's off to a good start.

I liked Lowery too, but I think they helped the team by getting a draft pick instead of cutting the guy and getting nothing. They are carrying a whole bunch of DBs. I doubt they could carry any more. To ice the game you have to be in front and they evidently feel much better about getting in front with Strickland, Wilson and Pool than they did with Lowery at corner or safety. It was pretty obvious that they weren't in love with Lowery. I think he was a bad fit and it made sense to move him since he obviously belongs in the league.

Ditto. I was really surprised because I thought if anyone could find a fit for a ball hawking hybrid corner/safety it would be Rex. But then again, WTF do I know?

I liked Lowery too, but I think they helped the team by getting a draft pick instead of cutting the guy and getting nothing. They are carrying a whole bunch of DBs. I doubt they could carry any more. To ice the game you have to be in front and they evidently feel much better about getting in front with Strickland, Wilson and Pool than they did with Lowery at corner or safety. It was pretty obvious that they weren't in love with Lowery. I think he was a bad fit and it made sense to move him since he obviously belongs in the league.

Sure and I guess looking ahead is the mark of a truly well put together org. Something I'm not used to quite frankly. I found it strange that they didn't really replace Lowery either. I think we're only carrying three safeties with one being Eric Smith and one of the other two a tweener, who is good, but it just seems odd to me. Hey, it is what it is. I have faith in this staff which is nice for a change, but It's taking me longer to trust wholeheartedly, Ya know?

I was upset to see Drew Coleman go. I loved the 2009 addition of Donald Strickland during the offseason, but still wish we had Drew Coleman on the roster. We've developed Coleman since 2006, we've seen the worst of Drew at times, but he really broke out and started to come into his own last season. 41 tackles (37 being solo tackles), 4 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and 1 INT? He had a very good season for us last year, and I'll be one of the first to admit that I wish Coleman was still with the Jets. Look at what Coleman did for the Jaguars last week. 5 tackles, 1 sacks and 1 forced fumble. This kid's a player, and if anything, I would have LOVED to see him behind Revis, Cromartie, Wilson and Strickland on the depth charts. Hopefully either Trufant or Cole can step up as our 5th CB.

smh, Jets fans are the worst. They crucify players as soon as they're gone no matter what they did while here. Drew Coleman made so many plays for us last season. Just like Braylon did. But they get crucified. And I stand by what I said, the Lowery trade was uneccesary

smh, Jets fans are the worst. They crucify players as soon as they're gone no matter what they did while here. Drew Coleman made so many plays for us last season. Just like Braylon did. But they get crucified. And I stand by what I said, the Lowery trade was uneccesary

He was a dime back. lol.

Who's crucifying him? I would have loved to see him, Braylon( I was one of the most vocal BE supporters here) Ellis, B Smith and Lowery stay. The point was that we play a team that has a couple of guys that have been Jets for their entire careers this week. I hope to hell that we burn them like I did to the steaks I grilled last weekend. (It was bad!)

I am rarely a guy who roots for former players to do well. I don't have a second favorite team nor do I have an " NFC Team" I hate everyone that isn't a Jets player and I only root for other teams because it helps the Jets or because I simply hate one less than I hate another. Ex: I rooted for the Ravens last weekend.

I agree the Lowery trade was unnecessary and am trying to entertain that it was a good look into the future and grabbing some value for him. Who know's what the pick is we can get? If he's starting for them, maybe it gets up to a 3 or something. Then I would be more ok with it than I am now.

But this Sunday, I hate them. I hate them like they stole my cupcakes. HATE!!!!! :D

John Abraham can kiss my A$$ by the way....

Archived