Jets Cut 2

flylikeajet

what ?????????youre nuts

I don't see the Jets picking up any RB's off the waiver wire anytime soon, but I would like to see them try McKnight and/or Powell back there more.

I know the OL has issues, but I'm still not pleased with Shonn Greene.

I don't see the Jets picking up any RB's off the waiver wire anytime soon, but I would like to see them try McKnight and/or Powell back there more.

I've been lukewarm on Greene since he was drafted, mainly because he came her with poor receiving skills. But I think he's proven himself a solid runner. Rewatching the Jax game, Greene ran really hard and did very well considering he was running into a wall of bodies on nearly every touch--as did LT. Greene is our best pure running back--but he doesn't have the OL of 2009 in front of him. The losses of T-rich and Hartstock have led to downgrades in the running game, and Hunter, Slauson and Baxter are certainly not Woody, Faneca and Mangold. The running game is suffering because there simply is no place to run any more. Greene has had tough sledding so far. And it will continue until we re-prioritize the importance of the Line.

I think you are being a little hard on Greene. Powell hasn't shown much and they tried McKnight last week and he couldn't get anything. True it was in a run only situation, but he looked significantly worse than Greene to me. Greene didn't look bad to me this week. He caught the ball well and he ran with authority. His stats were ruined by having a couple of decent runs called back by penalty. I'm not sure all the penalties helped the run - I'd guess the hold did. LT's drop was easily as bad as anything Greene's done, but we accept it because we know LT can catch. It'll probably be tough to get much going with Baxter, but the Jets have run on the Raiders in the past, did they do much to shore up their run D?

It'll probably be tough to get much going with Baxter, but the Jets have run on the Raiders in the past, did they do much to shore up their run D?

Seymour? I haven't actually watched a Raiders game since the last time the Jets played them, but he's probably still got something left in the tank.

Seymour? I haven't actually watched a Raiders game since the last time the Jets played them, but he's probably still got something left in the tank.

Yeah. That's all I could think of, but he was there in 2009. McClain looks pretty solid as well. They have been giving up points and they haven't exactly been playing the Patriots every week. As far as I can tell they have been pretty bad against the run the past few years. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

Archived