Russell Martin Hates The Red Sawx

JonEJet

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/09/22/pregame-notes-martin-not-shy-about-his-hate-of-red-sox/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LohudYankees+%28The+LoHud+Yankees+Blog%29

Pregame notes: Martin not shy about his “hate” of Red Sox

September 22nd, 2011 by Chad Jennings

536911d4747c7b14f80e6a7067009f41.jpg

In terms of real news, there’s more good stuff down in the notes below. In terms of raw entertainment, it didn’t get much better than Russell Martin’s pregame interview this afternoon. There’s obviously a way we’ve all come to expect athletes to respond when asked about opponents, but Martin pulled no punches when asked about the Red Sox.

“Anything to get the Red Sox out would be awesome for me,” he said. “… They are fun to play against just because they have a quality team, and they’re gritty, and they play hard and stuff, but I’d love to see them lose.”

Why?

“Because I hate the Red Sox,” Martin said.

Fair enough. The Yankees could play the role of spoilers down the stretch, but oddly enough, to help eliminate the Red Sox, the Yankees would have to lose against the Rays. Joe Girardi — of course — said he has no preference in the wild card race, and he said he feels no responsibility to either the Rays or the Red Sox.

“Our responsibility is to our club,” he said. “That’s the bottom line. I have to make sure our guys are healthy and rested and ready to go next Friday… Obviously our goal is to get home-field advantage, and the important thing to me about some of these lineups is that we take care of our guys and have them ready to play next Friday. I’ll rotate some days off with some guys and get them a little rest, but I want them sharp and we want home-field advantage.”

And what happens if the Red Sox hang on and meet the Yankees in the American League Championship Series?

“They gave us a hard time all year, but I don’t think we’re scared of them or anything,” Martin said. “We’ll see what happens. If we play them, we play them. We’ll just have to beat them.”

That doesn't magically turn mediocre players into good players. He was borderline average. The Yankees are division champs but not because of Russell Martin.

The Yankees are Champs because of the play of guys like Martin

They are the definition of Team, unlike the Sawx

Amongst catchers with at least 350 at bats Russell Martin ranks 14th in OPS. That's about middle of the pack. Which is mediocre.

And since a Yankee fan poster told me Salty was terrible, I suppose the fact that Salty has a higher OPS than Martin makes Martin terrible as well.

Martin has thrown out 29% of runners. Salty has thrown out 31% and that is with catching Wakefield.

Turnabout is fairplay.

Amongst catchers with at least 350 at bats Russell Martin ranks 14th in OPS. That's about middle of the pack. Which is mediocre.

And since a Yankee fan poster told me Salty was terrible, I suppose the fact that Salty has a higher OPS than Martin makes Martin terrible as well.

Martin has thrown out 29% of runners. Salty has thrown out 31% and that is with catching Wakefield.

Turnabout is fairplay.

Dude, who is obsessed now? The Red Sox are in second place and are hanging onto the wildcard for dear life and are desperately hoping the Yankees rest half their team this weekend so they'll have a shot.

Everybody on the Yankees this year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everybody on the Red Sox this year.

95-61 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 88-68

DEAL WITH IT.

Dude, who is obsessed now? The Red Sox are in second place and are hanging onto the wildcard for dear life and are desperately hoping the Yankees rest half their team this weekend so they'll have a shot.

Everybody on the Yankees this year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everybody on the Red Sox this year.

95-61 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 88-68

DEAL WITH IT.

Dude, I'm sorry that I use factual information to prove you wrong, dude. I'm not obsessed with the Yankees, just fighting fire with fire. Go ahead and find all of the topics Yankees fans have started about the Red Sox and then find all of my topics I have started about the Yankees and I'm certain you will find quite in the difference in favor of the Yankees fans.

By the way your argument makes absolutely no sense. Because the Yankees have had a better season as a team doesn't make their individual players better. That's just illogical.

Dude, I'm sorry that I use factual information to prove you wrong, dude. I'm not obsessed with the Yankees, just fighting fire with fire. Go ahead and find all of the topics Yankees fans have started about the Red Sox and then find all of my topics I have started about the Yankees and I'm certain you will find quite in the difference in favor of the Yankees fans.

By the way your argument makes absolutely no sense. Because the Yankees have had a better season as a team doesn't make their individual players better. That's just illogical.

So you want me to compare the number of Red Sox related threads started by all of the Yankees fans on a Jets message board to the number of Yankees related threads started by one Red Sox fan on the same message board? Duh. I tink we maybee started mor treads dan one guy. :confused0058:

In CC'S World

SALTY'S BET-AH

GONZO'S BET-AH

MUDDY CHICKEN'S BET-AH

MARCO'S BET-AH

YOUK'S BET-AH

ELLS'S BET-AH

CRAWFORD'S BET-AH

REDDICK'S BET-AH

Unfortunately for Spin Cycle

THE YANKEES ARE BET-AH!!!!!!

I'd take Salty, Gonzo, Pedey and Cano are a wash, and Ellsbury. And depending on what Carl Crawford showed up, I'd take him too. Maybe last years version though.

So you want me to compare the number of Red Sox related threads started by all of the Yankees fans on a Jets message board to the number of Yankees related threads started by one Red Sox fan on the same message board? Duh. I tink we maybee started mor treads dan one guy. :confused0058:

Just compare JonE and myself then. Even then the numbers are VERY skewed in favor of JonE.

So don't make a blanket statement blaming all Yankees fans. I think I've maybe started one Red Sox related thread in my time on this forum. You've got me beat by a mile.

Your Yankees obsession is pretty creepy.

Go ahead and find the last Yankees related topic I started that doesn't directly involved my team. You'll be hard pressed.

I have no obsession with the Yankees, though I am beginning to think you have an obsession with me.

Archived