It happens every week in the NFL

JoeWillie

Good teams lose to teams they should beat.

Patriots lost to the Bills... Eagles lost to the Giants... Jets lost to the Raiders... Hell, Indy, without Manning, is beatling Pittsburgh at the half.

Last week, the Ravens got beat by Tennessee.

It happens EVERY week in the NFL to EVERY good team and it will probably happen to us again before this season is over.

No need to panic after one loss.

I do admit, we have some issues, most notably on the offensive line, but we have issues every year. I'm confidence this coaching staff will get it fixed to the point we'll be one of the elite teams when the season is over.

If we win the next 2, everyone will be back on the bandwagon, I guarantee it.

Good teams lose to teams they should beat.

Patriots lost to the Bills... Eagles lost to the Giants... Jets lost to the Raiders... Hell, Indy, without Manning, is beatling Pittsburgh at the half.

Last week, the Ravens got beat by Tennessee.

It happens EVERY week in the NFL to EVERY good team and it will probably happen to us again before this season is over.

No need to panic after one loss.

I do admit, we have some issues, most notably on the offensive line, but we have issues every year. I'm confidence this coaching staff will get it fixed to the point we'll be one of the elite teams when the season is over.

If we win the next 2, everyone will be back on the bandwagon, I guarantee it.

This really wasn't a good team losing to a team we should have beat.

Last season we were a good team. This season, we've got a lot of hype, a miracle against a mediocre and highly injured dallas team and a blowout of one of the leagues worst teams who was also without most of their weapons.

Right now, we're not a good football team. In fact, we're the 3rd best team in our division.

Last season we were a good team. This season, we've got a lot of hype, a miracle against a mediocre and highly injured dallas team and a blowout of one of the leagues worst teams who was also without most of their weapons.

Right now, we're not a good football team. In fact, we're the 3rd best team in our division.

We will finish 1st/2nd and make the playoffs.

We will finish 1st/2nd and make the playoffs.

Glass half empty scenario is that the league has caught up to Rex's blitz packages and, minus a Terrell Suggs, teams will shred us down the middle of the field all year long, and the offense won't be good enough to handle having to score 24+ per game every week to compensate.

Glass half empty scenario is that the league has caught up to Rex's blitz packages and, minus a Terrell Suggs, teams will shred us down the middle of the field all year long, and the offense won't be good enough to handle having to score 24+ per game every week to compensate.

And we'll still finish 1st/2nd and make the playoffs.

Thats generous. The way the league is shaping up the Jets will be a 7 win team if the defense plays at the level it did against Dallas and Oakland.

And that could be true.

We had four games last season where we sleep walked through the game against inferior opponents and ended up coming back in the 4th quarter/OT with miracle finishes. We were 4-0 in those games last year and ended up with 11 wins.

This season we are 1-1.

LOL come on.

We've played 3 games, 2 of which we won, so you want to trash the wins. The only other game you have to go on is an upset on the road against a team that is very tough to play in their own building.

We are just as good as last year. Keep hearing the pessimism, but we returned 10 of 11 starters from that excellent defense... and the 11th could arguably be an upgrade by the time the season is through. Other than that, we replace Burress with Edwards (wash), Cotchery with Mason (wash) and Woody with Hunter (downgrade, but that's the only one).

LOL come on.

We've played 3 games, 2 of which we won, so you want to trash the wins. The only other game you have to go on is an upset on the road against a team that is very tough to play in their own building.

We are just as good as last year. Keep hearing the pessimism, but we returned 10 of 11 starters from that excellent defense... and the 11th could arguably be an upgrade by the time the season is through. Other than that, we replace Burress with Edwards (wash), Cotchery with Mason (wash) and Woody with Hunter (downgrade, but that's the only one).

Unless you want to call us overrated last year, there's been nothing on the field to demonstrate this. We did nothing to get better this offseason but to hope that Plax was a step up from Braylon (he hasn't been, and we haven't tried), hope that Mason was an upgrade over Cotch (he hasn't been), and hope that Wilkerson was a suitable replacement for Ellis (he hasn't been). Our big selling point on this year was that it was the year Sanchez would put it all together. That has been the furthest thing from the truth.

Unless you want to call us overrated last year, there's been nothing on the field to demonstrate this. We did nothing to get better this offseason but to hope that Plax was a step up from Braylon (he hasn't been, and we haven't tried), hope that Mason was an upgrade over Cotch (he hasn't been), and hope that Wilkerson was a suitable replacement for Ellis (he hasn't been). Our big selling point on this year was that it was the year Sanchez would put it all together. That has been the furthest thing from the truth.

While we're not a better team, Plax and Mason have most certainly been upgrages. Especially considering the other 2 guys we let go arent even suiting up.

And Sanchez has been much better but for some reason all the things we banked on being as good (Defense/OLine/Run Game) are whats killing us.

While we're not a better team, Plax and Mason have most certainly been upgrages. Especially considering the other 2 guys we let go arent even suiting up.

And Sanchez has been much better but for some reason all the things we banked on being as good (Defense/OLine/Run Game) are whats killing us.

Agreed that the things that were supposed to be good, are far from it right now. But it's only week 3. We have a lot of season left to patch holes and get back to what was helping this team succeed (Defense, Run game) and to keep progressing where we've seen so far (Sanchez).

No need to hit the panic button yet.

We have a tough two weeks of road games up ahead, if this team is as good as we believe it is and it can be, they will find a way to step up these next to weeks.

Agreed that the things that were supposed to be good, are far from it right now. But it's only week 3. We have a lot of season left to patch holes and get back to what was helping this team succeed (Defense, Run game) and to keep progressing where we've seen so far (Sanchez).

No need to hit the panic button yet.

We have a tough two weeks of road games up ahead, if this team is as good as we believe it is and it can be, they will find a way to step up these next to weeks.

Both are winnable games, but not at the rate we're going. Sam Bradford had no time to throw yesterday...if the Raiders manhanlded our oline, what are the Ravens going to do?

Its early, everything is correctable...but if its not figured out in the next 6 days. We're in trouble. Seriously. The way this division is right now...we can afford to drop 2 of 3 (unless the 1 win comes from the Pats)

Both are winnable games, but not at the rate we're going. Sam Bradford had no time to throw yesterday...if the Raiders manhanlded our oline, what are the Ravens going to do?

Its early, everything is correctable...but if its not figured out in the next 6 days. We're in trouble. Seriously. The way this division is right now...we can afford to drop 2 of 3 (unless the 1 win comes from the Pats)

I don't remember the Rams ever having much of an oline. I know they drafted a slew of players these past couple of years.

This oline is made of us veterans (Moore), some entering their prime (Brick, Mangold, Slauson), and a career journeyman (Hunter). Somewhere this line has to step up and I believe it shall. We have the talent, and we have the personnel to match it.

I don't remember the Rams ever having much of an oline. I know they drafted a slew of players these past couple of years.

This oline is made of us veterans (Moore), some entering their prime (Brick, Mangold, Slauson), and a career journeyman (Hunter). Somewhere this line has to step up and I believe it shall. We have the talent, and we have the personnel to match it.

I agree...but somethings wrong. I just keep telling myself to look at the Bears...they couldnt block for squat the first 3 games of last year and then it all clicked and went on to win the NFCN.

///crosses fingers.

I agree...but somethings wrong. I just keep telling myself to look at the Bears...they couldnt block for squat the first 3 games of last year and then it all clicked and went on to win the NFCN.

///crosses fingers.

Look at the Bears? How about look at us. Each of the last 2 years we have had a handful of shi*ty regular season games and still went to the AFC Championship.

///crosses fingers.

Sometimes that's just how it is in the NFL, it will just click eventually. I would think the oline will improve next week solely cause Baxter will have another week with that line and Callahan. And now they can go back and review tape and see where they failed.

"The way the league is shaping up, people will score and we won't have the Offense to compensate".

I'm not on board with this -- at least not yet. The above statement always implies the league is becoming a 'high-flying passing league'.

Yesterday we got beat on the ground.

Sometimes that's just how it is in the NFL, it will just click eventually. I would think the oline will improve next week solely cause Baxter will have another week with that line and Callahan. And now they can go back and review tape and see where they failed.

How about the 6-0 Broncos last year...

Archived