FO QB rankings: Sanchez moves up to 13th

Jetsfan80

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm being looked upon as one of the latter and I certainly don't go around babbling about how I seriously believe Sanchez is likely to finish the season with about 30 interceptions+fumbles, and furthermore that is an indication he's worse than he's ever been at protecting the football.

Is Cam Newton going to pass for 5400 yards this year? Hey, he's on pace to do just that.

It's absurd from either angle.

meh, just stat spinning... pretty common

sure it can... if the data is good, the pollyanna's do the extrapolation and then debbie downers point out why it's flawed.. If the numbers were bad, it'd be reversed.

Bingo. Or like in this case, items are picked and chosen based on which side they align with, like how we get to hear from some of those more down on Sanchez why the INT #s accurately project Sanchez's season while every other statistic is flawed (and of course there are some of those supporting taking it to the opposite extreme). I guess my biggest issue is I can get why the blind lovers of any player or coach can make an endless list of excuses and not even being aware they are doing it, as they truly believe it's all justified somewhere in their heads, even if I completely disagree with it. But how can anyone really think it's at all reasonable having to constantly make excuses for positive signs of success or improvement?

This thread is the perfect example, because we've been hearing lately why much of Sanchez's improved numbers are based entirely on the opposition, and yet the moment weighted analyses are provided that are designed to account for exactly that, they are immediately dismissed for a whole new set of reasons, simply because they don't portray Sanchez in a poor enough light. Bottom line, I don't care what side you're on, if every time your last excuse get's shot down you have to scramble come up with a brand new excuse for it, chances are you're probably being a tad unreasonable. That goes for either extreme, whether they think Sanchez is already an elite level QB, or those who think he's terrible and shown no improvement. In this case, it just so happens that the latter group is going to catch a lot more heat for their views, which isn't entirely surprising or even undeserved. Considering the amount of heat we used to catch back in the day for our "ACM agenda", based around a far more strongly fact-supported case with a much larger data set to back it up, I'm not exactly about to start feeling any sympathy for those who think they're getting picked on for taking every opportunity they can to take shots at the Jets current QB.

Archived