ALDS Predictions Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, this thread isn't all about the Rays and Rangers, it's also about the Yankees and Rangers and I'll be honest... I'm hoping for a 5 game series. My hope is that series goes the distance, so if the Rays face either club in the ALCS, Sabathia or Verlander can't pitch until game 3.

It'll also be nice having our rotation set heading into an ALCS (as long as we can eliminate Texas) because we were in a tough position having to throw a rookie into the fire tonight.

Yankees and Tigers are tied up @ 1-1, currently in a rain delay. Hopefully this game gets called, which would stretch this series out by at least one more night. Which would become a huge advantage for the winner of the Rangers-Rays series.

This game is going to get rained out....not sure who gets hurt more

There is no telling. Behind CC? Nova, Garcia and Burnett/Colon. Nova had a very good season, Garcia was so-so, but I don't know...Outside of Sabathia, I'm not a fan of this Yankees rotation at all. But then again, looking at the Tigers starting rotation, outside of their ace on the mound tonight... Not very impressive what so ever.

Who knows which team would have the advantage? One thing is for sure, the winner of the Rays-Rangers series would come out on top. having a full day to rest and set their rotation etc.

JFFQ... So you're telling me this guy would rather stay in Tampa Bay where there are no fans rather than go somewhere like the Cubs where there are very devoted fans and a chance at history? Really?

And Matt Garza was younger and under control for longer than James Shields and they traded him. No one is untouchable for the Rays except Longoria because he is the face. They have the arms in the rotation, but they will explore the right trade for Shields if it can net them young hitters. Heck, he was rumored to be available at the trade deadline. Don't be naive.

Joe Torre says game one will start tomorrow at normal time and Sunday will be game 2 with no off day. Interestingly the game will pick up in the bottom of the 2nd.

Forecast for the rest of the weekend sucks too. I was looking forward to the pitching duel too. Looks like it will have to wait. Who knows until when.

Well, I'll tell you what... I do enjoy talking baseball with you Yankee and Red Sox fans. Good group of people here.

See you all tomorrow, already cant wait for 7:00 tomorrow night. Shields vs Holland. If the Rays head back to St.Pete, up two games, with David Price set to take the mound come game 3? I'd love our chances for a sweep + plenty of MUCH NEEDED rest time in between series.

Hopefully the Yankees and Tigers see plenty of bad weather conditions from here on out, forcing the series to stretch, giving these Rays a chance to rest and SET our starting rotation. Hopefully this series goes 5 games as well.

:yahoo:

I'll tell you why the Yankees have the advantage for tomorrow night... Just think about it; The Tigers lineup has been set up for a LHP, and now they'll face a RHP tomorrow, and can't change their lineup.

What are you talking about? We just went into Texas, and did what we needed to do, which was steal home field advantage for a 3 game series.

You were talking rest, and sweep, and lining up pitchers.....hahahahahahahaha

If Garcia can steal 1 tomorrow, we might be able to do just that

SUPERNOVA

You were talking rest, and sweep, and lining up pitchers.....hahahahahahahaha

If Garcia can steal 1 tomorrow, we might be able to do just that

SUPERNOVA

It doesn't matter what I was saying as a fan, all that matters is what the Rays have done as a team... Which has been exactly what was needed for a chance to advance; which was win a road playoff game, in Texas, on the road, while stealing home field advantage for a 3 game series.

Funny, Yanks aren't giving up a 7 run lead tonight Why? Because an actual major leaguer is pitching.....hahahahhahha

Don't blame the Rays, all because the Yankees minor league pitchers weren't all that good. Big deal, the Rays? We've pitched 6 rookies this season, 4 of which have headed into postseason play with us.

Face it... The Rays have made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, and have actually played our way into postseason contension. We have the best front office in all of baseball. The Yankees? They've only been able to BUY their way into the playoffs.

Yankees: 200+ Million dollar payroll.

TB Rays: 40 Million dollar payroll.

But yeah, I'm not going to argue with you... I'm just excited to head back to St.Pete knowing that the Rays were able to steal home field advantage. We did what every good team MUST do come postseason play; which was win a road game against the Rangers ace.

Come on now JonEJet... I expected better from you as a Yankee fan. Especially during the playoffs. Did you see me hide under a rock during, or after game two of my Rays losing? Not a chance. You on the other hand, it seems like you can only talk baseball when A) The Yankees win. B.) The Rays lose. C) When you have the leverage to rub loses in the face of opposing fans or D) A combination of all-of-the-above; because once the Yankees lost? You've been pretty damn quiet as of late. :confused0082:

5:07 PM ET, October 3, 2011

Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg,Florida

(ALDS Game #3)

Texans Rangers (1-1)

@

Tampa Bay Rays (1-1)

(Pitching Matchups)

David Price: (0-0)

vs

Colby Lewis: (0-0)

Well, my Rays just went up in flames tonight. David Price was outstanding... Until he had a melt down during the 7th inning, and then our bullpen simply blew the game to finish off the 7th.

This won't be easy. Throwing a rookie out there in Hellickson tomorrow night, during a do or die-win or go home situation... Against a hungry Rangers lineup that now smells blood. Even if we win tomorrow night? Game 5 in Texas it is, against their ace CJ Wilson.

Between the Knicks, Jets and now Rays... I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I'm proud of this Rays team. We made one heck of a run with a payroll only worth 40 million. I'm a Rays fan, so just getting to the playoffs is success for our fan base and franchise. We'll be back next year, fighting for the playoffs once again.

GL Yankee fans. So long baseball forum; until next year.

I'm proud of this Rays team. We made one heck of a run with a payroll only worth 40 million. I'm a Rays fan, so just getting to the playoffs is success for our fan base and franchise. We'll be back next year, fighting for the playoffs once again.

GL Yankee fans. So long baseball forum; until next year.

Guess I was right about the Rays. Their fans are hilarious. Don't show up until they do something. That team could keep some of their stars if people would come pay money to watch them play. It's pathetic. I have no sympathy for that team or their fans.

Guess I was right about the Rays. Their fans are hilarious. Don't show up until they do something. That team could keep some of their stars if people would come pay money to watch them play. It's pathetic. I have no sympathy for that team or their fans.

28000 showed up in game 4

They should have played the game in a neutral site for better attendance

Tampa doesn't deserve that team

28000 showed up in game 4

They should have played the game in a neutral site for better attendance

Tampa doesn't deserve that team

It's a horrible stadium in a horrible area. If they can find a way build a new stadium somewhere in Tampa, they'll be much better off

Archived