Mark Brunell

Sperm Edwards

What purpose does he serve? I thought he was supposed to be mentoring Sanchez, so it would be like Sanchez has 2 QB coaches helping him.

Sanchez is no better, Brunell at age 41 is now 5 years removed from any significant NFL playing time, and is unsuitable for more than mop-up duty. Not to mention if he's needed then Hunter instead of Ferguson would be protecting his blind side.

So if he can't play anymore and he isn't helping Sanchez make any obvious strides, then what is his purpose on the roster?

Not that I think he's any sort of answer for the franchise, because I don't, but the Jets should bring Garrard in and cut bait with Brunell. Offer him an assistant-QB-coach job if he wants it otherwise he can leave. Garrard is nothing special, but he's at least an almost-good starter and a s***tload better than Brunell would be. Of course there's also the chance he wouldn't want any part of the Jets with the way the OL is playing.

What was I saying? Oh yeah. F-Brunell and his dumb a$$ that blew through $50M in earnings before his 40th birthday.

What purpose does he serve? I thought he was supposed to be mentoring Sanchez, so it would be like Sanchez has 2 QB coaches helping him.

Sanchez is no better, Brunell at age 41 is now 5 years removed from any significant NFL playing time, and is unsuitable for more than mop-up duty. Not to mention if he's needed then Hunter instead of Ferguson would be protecting his blind side.

So if he can't play anymore and he isn't helping Sanchez make any obvious strides, then what is his purpose on the roster?

Not that I think he's any sort of answer for the franchise, because I don't, but the Jets should bring Garrard in and cut bait with Brunell. Offer him an assistant-QB-coach job if he wants it otherwise he can leave. Garrard is nothing special, but he's at least an almost-good starter and a s***tload better than Brunell would be. Of course there's also the chance he wouldn't want any part of the Jets with the way the OL is playing.

What was I saying? Oh yeah. F-Brunell and his dumb a$$ that blew through $50M in earnings before his 40th birthday.

Well, if it makes you feel better, if he gets a chance to replace Sanchez, he won't be on the field long. Then we get what's his name

I agree. Whether or not this franchise has more significant problems than backup QB, the fact remains that if Sanchez goes down, I want a QB who has done a decent job leading a team downfield in the recent past. Brunell has not done so.

As discouraging as things look after this loss, the Jets might well be in the fight for a playoff spot by year's end so it is important for us to win every game we can and hope things break our way. The game or two we lose because Sanchez went down a few games and Brunell couldn't move the team might be the difference between us going to the playoffs or not.

Archived