Never watch Jets games with 2 YO Children

flgreen

Normally MY wife refuses to let me watch Jets games at home.

I usually go out to a Sports bar, very close to my house to watch them. Which works for me. 50-100 Jets fans, good looking bartenders, people you can curse at that don't squeel to their mothers.

Today my wife had the flu, and her daughter had to work. So I got to watch the game at home with my 2 YO grand son.

Cromatie makes the pick at the end of the 1st half, and I yell out "F N Cro's the man" Me and the kid jump around and high 5. For me it's over. Kids all excited and runs back into his Grand ma's room, where she's watching reruns of the Jackson trial, and Yells "F N Cro's the man" Expects high 5's and a lot of excitement for him.

Well he got excitement all right, but not the kind he expected. No high 5's. But Grand ma sprinted down the hall, flu and all, and made it kind of clear that this wasn't a good thing for the Grand son of a Sunday School teacher to be to be screaming. Maybe she's got a point.

When Mama got home the kid announced to her that the F N Jets suck. Mama immediately wanted her A hole Fish fan sheriff's deputy boy friend to arrest me for child abuse.

WTF

This was a learning experience for the kid.

His vocabulary was improved.

He's learned how to throw half eaten chicken wings at a TV screen. (Boys got a pretty accurate arm. Hit Schotty right in the face).

He's learned that his mother's boyfriend, and all fish fans are Dicks.

He's learned how to spit at TV screens

He's learned how to say WTF? Very important issue in a young man's life.

End result of this is I am banned from my own house on Sunday afternoon's.

Kid is banned from going to the bar with me. Very traumatic for the child

Kid is banned from eating, and throwing hot wings. Now that's child abuse

No more Jets shirts for the kid

WTF? Am I wrong here?

Normally MY wife refuses to let me watch Jets games at home.

I usually go out to a Sports bar, very close to my house to watch them. Which works for me. 50-100 Jets fans, good looking bartenders, people you can curse at that don't squeel to their mothers.

Today my wife had the flu, and her daughter had to work. So I got to watch the game at home with my 2 YO grand son.

Cromatie makes the pick at the end of the 1st half, and I yell out "F N Cro's the man" Me and the kid jump around and high 5. For me it's over. Kids all excited and runs back into his Grand ma's room, where she's watching reruns of the Jackson trial, and Yells "F N Cro's the man" Expects high 5's and a lot of excitement for him.

Well he got excitement all right, but not the kind he expected. No high 5's. But Grand ma sprinted down the hall, flu and all, and made it kind of clear that this wasn't a good thing for the Grand son of a Sunday School teacher to be to be screaming. Maybe she's got a point.

When Mama got home the kid announced to her that the F N Jets suck. Mama immediately wanted her A hole Fish fan sheriff's deputy boy friend to arrest me for child abuse.

WTF

This was a learning experience for the kid.

His vocabulary was improved.

He's learned how to throw half eaten chicken wings at a TV screen. (Boys got a pretty accurate arm. Hit Schotty right in the face).

He's learned that his mother's boyfriend, and all fish fans are Dicks.

He's learned how to spit at TV screens

He's learned how to say WTF? Very important issue in a young man's life.

End result of this is I am banned from my own house on Sunday afternoon's.

Kid is banned from going to the bar with me. Very traumatic for the child

Kid is banned from eating, and throwing hot wings. Now that's child abuse

No more Jets shirts for the kid

WTF? Am I wrong here?

I hear you brother. My wife wasn't too pleased with me bringing my kid to the games (starting at 7 yrs old). Especially when he came home singing Brady is a Patsy Fag, doo dah, doo dah! And of course the guy behind us spilled beer on him so he came home smelling like he'd been boozing with his old man. I explained that these things are teaching moments, and that exposure to the intricacies of male bonding at early age is a good thing. I also promised no hard liquor till he's at least ten. He's made every game since.

LOL. My daughter is 2 and I get a lecture every week about it. I did try to explain how there are certain words we only say on Sunday, but that doesnt seem to work so I have bitten my tongue and simply vent on Twitter. She has now learned to say go Jets and give high 5s when they do something good (we dont do too many high 5s), but Im starting to debate if its worth it considering the mental torture I will end up putting her through by making her become a Jets fan. :)

Archived