The Fat One On the (w)FAN Blew It Again

TheSage

Francesa was just interviewing a reporter covering the 49er and commented that the 49ers Ted Ginn was not as good a receiver as expected when drafted but that was a great return guy and that the only one better was the "guy" (he didn't remember Hester's name) on Chicago. Hester is somewhere around 13 or 14 this year although was the best for a while and Ginn in 3rd. He lives on Long Island, has a show from NYC and doesn't realize that the leader plays for the Jets?? The arroogant @#$%^&*(

Francesa was just interviewing a reporter covering the 49er and commented that the 49ers Ted Ginn was not as good a receiver as expected when drafted but that was a great return guy and that the only one better was the "guy" (he didn't remember Hester's name) on Chicago. Hester is somewhere around 13 or 14 this year although was the best for a while and Ginn in 3rd. He lives on Long Island, has a show from NYC and doesn't realize that the leader plays for the Jets?? The arroogant @#$%^&*(

He knows......its just that its the Jets. He cant give props, that wouldnt be hater-like.

Yet another Probowl Special Teamer under Westoffs belt.

The irony is that pretty much any KR that plays for Westhoff is going to be a stud. Leon, Brad Smith, Cromartie, McKnight. The list goes on...

Which is why you can't help but laugh every time someone is devastated when we lose a player who is allegedly one of the league's best kick returners. It just doesn't make a difference if it's Chad Morton, Jonathan Carter, Justin Miller or any one of the other players you mentioned, the Jets have consistently had one of the best KR units in the league as long as Westhoff has been here. When Smith left I could have cared less, because I wanted to see the end of the Wildcat as it was and I had absolutely no concern that Westhoff would be able to replace Smith on ST, be it as a returner or in coverage. I don't think there's really any question that the guy is the best in the league at what he does, and had it not been for his health issues, I have no doubt he would have been a head coach in this league.

Archived